PGA Tour 2k21

• 6320 Replies

hammers1man

« Reply #6285 on: July 05, 2021, 04:53:55 PM »
Links 2003 is still, despite its age, a very good game

What i love about links 2003 is the BBC TV commentary Mod playing along with comments from the late Peter Alliss is something else.
I can’t get Links 2003 to work on my laptop for some reason, Tgc runs fine so it’s not as if it isn’t powerful enough to run it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you've applied all the patches and the nVidia patch, also.  Seeing that you're trying to run the game on a laptop, the problem might be with the graphics card.  The LSPN site is a good place to start in finding a solution, if you're still interested in getting the game to work.  But it ought to work with any OS.  There are some patches or editing that can be done to at least run Links 2003 in widescreen, at slightly higher resolutions, though nothing like the resolutions that are now available.  I have a PC and run Windows 10 and the game runs fine.
I can’t get the patches from anywhere but I must admit I’m not sure where to look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get the 1.07 patch (all-inclusive) go here,

https://www.linkscountryclub.com/download

Also there is the nVidia patch, though I'm unsure whether that is applicable in your case.

You might do a search on Links 2003 Integrated Graphics Card and see what pops up.  I think the problem with Links 2003 and laptops, as far as I recall, had to do with onboard graphics' situations.  I think most have gotten Links 2003 to work, no matter the configuration.  The game has great community support, and even has a online tournament site, which, I argue, is better managed than most, even if run by a small outfit, basically one person.
Thanks for the link( no pun intended), will give this a go when I get a chance. Been a while since I played the game.

Alan_Bernardo

• GroupMember
« Reply #6286 on: July 05, 2021, 06:26:55 PM »
Alan I’ve got to admit I’m not tech savvy on PC’s now it’s over 20 years since I used to build them. I’ve been using an iMac in those years. Do you have to pay for the patches because I’m not setup to  use money online. My laptop has an Nvidia graphics card in it, runs TGC2K21 at 1080p 60fps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, the patches are free.
Acer Predator G3-605
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs),~3.4GHz
8 Gig RAM
GeForce GTX 760

gchewitt3

« Reply #6287 on: July 05, 2021, 09:55:18 PM »
Here's link to a Links Corner forum thread. The bottom post has a link to a small program that might need to be run. I needed it when I installed Links on my previous machine. I haven't put it on my new one since I've bee playing 2K21 and don't need both. The one takes up enough of my time.

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13

Martbloke

« Reply #6288 on: July 10, 2021, 04:30:29 PM »
Daaaammmnnnn, HB got it right with the red fasts I see 😉 haha.

https://twitter.com/JustinThomas34/status/1413896857051349004?s=19

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6289 on: July 11, 2021, 10:42:15 PM »

What's being said there Markbloke? I'm barred from Twitter and can't read it.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

GoCubs2016

« Reply #6290 on: July 12, 2021, 01:02:11 AM »

What's being said there Markbloke? I'm barred from Twitter and can't read it.

Justin Thomas topped a 3 wood at the Scottish Open.

Martbloke

« Reply #6291 on: July 13, 2021, 08:32:53 AM »
Played a round of TGC2019 on master clubs last night for kicks. Wow that seemed so much slower in comparison to 2K21.

Anyways, without the feedback on, the misses felt not bad at all. The slow misses which causes a slice seem to slice more than what I see in 2K21 albeit in 2019 I got more distance with this because of the power fade cafuffle haha.

I think this is because of that having the backswing tempo as well as downswing. IIRC the backswing tempo caused a multiplier effect of error added to the outcome of the swing the more you missed it. Maybe that should return for the next game instead of an instant distance loss as soon as you hit the red zone like 2K21 has done to try and plug the exploit?

Not too sure how it would work altogether with the overswing and how to penalise the swing based on that and downswing though.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #6292 on: July 13, 2021, 07:27:52 PM »
Two sim societies happened to have the same course . One master one pro. Played the master first since i really have no interest in playing pro.

9 over

2 under and left at least 4 out there

Was nice to shape the ball again and take some risks. Probably shaped about 80% of my shots and had probably about 70% perfect the rest gray slow or fast  a couple red slow or fast at most. Was nice not to want to turn off the game . They should have not been so severe with the changes on Masters 9 months in.  Less is more sometimes. Like golf 👍

Obviously HB is on to the next game so it is what it is.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #6293 on: July 13, 2021, 10:59:58 PM »
Lmao I see walloftext on Tgctours tried to say that response to the swing change was just sour grapes because we couldn't exploit the red fast anymore.

Let's just say the response was not very nice.

Btw clown Craig1989 is the best sim player on Xbox by far.  His response was the best.

craigh1989
Caddy
13 hours ago
Giraffe72, rhino4life, and 1 more like this   Quote
alanber said:
dansamp said:Guys he spent 10 hours on the XB, he clearly knows better.
  As far as perfects go, I'm all over the white, left and right.  The same goes for the gray areas.  That's the way I see it.  On Masters, to me at least, there's no true difference between the XBox and the PC.  All the complaining has to do with not being able to game the system any longer. 

On your polling points. Calling bull**** on that unless you're the only person with a different build on Xbox.

On 'gaming the system', presumably you're referring to fasts? Nonsense, I never played for fasts and have been promoted twice since the patches to the game.

On believing what you want, I do believe you're talking out of your... to be fair lol
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Alan_Bernardo

• GroupMember
« Reply #6294 on: July 14, 2021, 08:23:09 AM »
I didn't except the responses to be on the nice side.  And frankly, I don't really care.  You can have your little coterie of whiners.  With some decent practice with the XBox, I'm sure my scores would equal my PC scores or be close.  No one, hardly, is about to admit they used prior exploits to game the system, because that would go against their narrative.  I suppose if you want to see something, you'll see it.  And who knows, since you want to be right about this, you're getting exactly what you want to see.  Honestly, I just don't see this huge gap, and I don't live my life whining about what is, in effect, such an insignificant thing.
Acer Predator G3-605
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs),~3.4GHz
8 Gig RAM
GeForce GTX 760

PooSplatt

« Reply #6295 on: July 23, 2021, 06:50:16 AM »
They are not releasing too many details but at least we now know that HB/2K still have a pulse (although not a very strong one)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-pga-tour-2k-game-will-be-bigger-and-better-but-no-word-on-if-its-coming-this-year/1100-6494237/

leslie.sangster

« Reply #6296 on: July 23, 2021, 07:20:11 AM »
I could score reasonably well on Xbox if I would just slow my game down and think a little bit more about my shots. Most of my bogies are self inflicted but not all as I do sometimes get red fasts from nowhere. I do play pro though which helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt43

« Reply #6297 on: July 23, 2021, 08:36:55 AM »
They are not releasing too many details but at least we now know that HB/2K still have a pulse (although not a very strong one)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-pga-tour-2k-game-will-be-bigger-and-better-but-no-word-on-if-its-coming-this-year/1100-6494237/
No chance of a new game coming out this year. For a start tiger is still recovering so I doubt he’ll have any involvement until sometime next year. Also with it being a new engine it’s being built from the ground up so will likely be very different to the current game. I think around September 2022 is my guess.

Gasman

« Reply #6298 on: July 23, 2021, 09:00:02 AM »
I honestly think 2K have got there heads in the sand with talk of a new game.
If you are as good as your last piece of work they are set for failure.
Just put a couple of hundred hours development time into filling the cracks on 2K21 & everyone will be back on side.

Oswinner

« Reply #6299 on: August 20, 2021, 11:55:41 PM »
Whilst the Mrs is away, the Oswinner will drink and play...

Not played the game since July 15th. Thought I'd pop in and have a few jars and play. Master swing with no aids and in Career Mode. Using default conditions (because some of the pins are stupid in quicker conditions unfortunately, wish we could change pin postions so we can set fair pins in very fast speed), coming in cold as muck, getting more drunk through each round...

Pearl Mountain Golf Club: -2 (70)
Copper Dunes: +2 (74)
Ocean of Memories: +2 (74)
TPC Scottsdale: E (71)
Riviera Country Club: +4 (75)
McCory Shores Golf Club: +4 (76)
Bay Hill Club & Lodge: -4 (68)
TPC Sawgrass: -7 (65)

The purpose of this post? There is no purpose! Other than to say I had a great time around the real courses. Real courses in career mode rock, even if Sawgrass is in slow greens making it a piece of p!ss. 65 when I'm blind drunk? Puh-lease. Love you all, fingers crossed the next iteration has more real courses and they dont have silly pin positions like Riviera that you cant set much past medium speed. Night x
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

space-cash