PGA Tour 2k21

• 6217 Replies

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4515 on: December 03, 2020, 02:12:47 PM »
must have been server delay......Detroit golf club now showing on xbox......

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #4516 on: December 03, 2020, 02:13:00 PM »
Relaunch Steam and you will receive the update.

They're alive!!!

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4517 on: December 03, 2020, 02:13:05 PM »
Played 2 rounds, and have been leveling up, but I do not see any of the equipment that I unlocked. (midway thru level 3)  I have a feeling that you may have to pay to get any of these.  There are two levels of the pass.  One for $7.99, and another level for $14.99.

I am playing The Detroit Golf Club now (Rocket Mortgage) after restarting the game on PS4.

I am not so interested in the clothing, but it is cool to see the new Mizuno gear/clubs available to those who want to purchase the passes. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:14:51 PM by IIJohnnyRingoII »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4518 on: December 03, 2020, 02:18:49 PM »
Waiting to read our first report of the elimination of the Series X/S swing animation glitch resulting from this patch! 

I may be the only member of PGA TOUR 2K21 nation who's foolish enough to download the PC and XBox One updates for the game simultaneously!  Both of them still have over 20 minutes to go!  :-[ :D
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4519 on: December 03, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »
My lunch break is over...so will be checking back later, and see if anyone has any additional luck with unlocking the items for free, or if they require purchasing one of the passes.

sroel908

« Reply #4520 on: December 03, 2020, 02:34:31 PM »
Played 2 rounds, and have been leveling up, but I do not see any of the equipment that I unlocked. (midway thru level 3)  I have a feeling that you may have to pay to get any of these.  There are two levels of the pass.  One for $7.99, and another level for $14.99.

I am playing The Detroit Golf Club now (Rocket Mortgage) after restarting the game on PS4.

I am not so interested in the clothing, but it is cool to see the new Mizuno gear/clubs available to those who want to purchase the passes.

If I understand this whole thing correctly, you only get the rewards at every fifth level if you're doing the "Free" Clubhouse pass. to get rewards at EACH level, you need to pay the $8. The 2K21 website says it like this:

"Free: There are 15 free levels throughout the 75 available that include rewards after each 5th level"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:36:55 PM by sroel908 »

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4521 on: December 03, 2020, 02:37:16 PM »

If I understand this whole thing correctly, you only get the rewards at every fifth level if you're doing the "Free" Clubhouse pass. to get rewards at EACH level, you need to pay the $8.

OK, thanks for the update!  I will play a few additional rounds later this afternoon after work, and get up to level 5.  I was already on level 3 after 2 rounds.

Stan Solo

« Reply #4522 on: December 03, 2020, 02:39:30 PM »
JimGem did a video about the update ... check it out on his channel

sroel908

« Reply #4523 on: December 03, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »

Looks like most of the Mizuno clubs are behind the paywall. Some are available for free - the first free club reward is Mizuno wedges at level 37.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4524 on: December 03, 2020, 02:54:18 PM »

If I understand this whole thing correctly, you only get the rewards at every fifth level if you're doing the "Free" Clubhouse pass. to get rewards at EACH level, you need to pay the $8. The 2K21 website says it like this:

"Free: There are 15 free levels throughout the 75 available that include rewards after each 5th level"

The blue Mizuno cap is not bad, and some of the Mizuno wedges later on are decent for "free".  I only outfit my golfer with real gear/real name brand items, so these types of gear are more my speed.

Like I have said many times, I am not the target demographic that HB Studios is trying to reach.  I hope that they are able to get some additional revenue by what appears to be many people who will continue to pay for additional content in games.  I paid $60 for the game via pre-order--so I doubt I will pony up any additional money, despite playing the game on a daily basis.  But good to see them add additional content for those who want it, and are willing to pay.  If I do end up paying the extra $8, it is only to show support for the company so that we can continue to get a 2k22 game.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4525 on: December 03, 2020, 02:58:49 PM »
Got it,you have to start a new Season for the Rocket Mortgage to appear in career mode....

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4526 on: December 03, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »

Looks like most of the Mizuno clubs are behind the paywall. Some are available for free - the first free club reward is Mizuno wedges at level 37.

Someone on the TGCTours site has already done analysis on the Mizuno clubs.  They broke down every Mizuno club, and they have the same stats as some of the previously available club sets, so anyone that was worried about "pay to win" will be relieved.  The Mizuno clubs do not offer any bonus stats to make you a better golfer, as they only provide a visual appeal, and similar stats under the covers for already existing clubs.  For those who want the Mizuno clubs for the visual aspect this may be right up their alley.

sroel908

« Reply #4527 on: December 03, 2020, 03:59:09 PM »

Someone on the TGCTours site has already done analysis on the Mizuno clubs.  They broke down every Mizuno club, and they have the same stats as some of the previously available club sets, so anyone that was worried about "pay to win" will be relieved.  The Mizuno clubs do not offer any bonus stats to make you a better golfer, as they only provide a visual appeal, and similar stats under the covers for already existing clubs.  For those who want the Mizuno clubs for the visual aspect this may be right up their alley.

That's definitely good news that it's not pay to win, but it's also quite a waste if all these new items to unlock are just cosmetic. Unless you're a diehard Mizuno, Goodr, or Under Armour fan, there's really no appeal to plunking down $8 or $15 this, IMO.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4528 on: December 03, 2020, 04:03:01 PM »
Any black shorts in the pass?

Can we get black shorts?
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

sroel908

« Reply #4529 on: December 03, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »
Any black shorts in the pass?

Can we get black shorts?

I believe the only shorts added had flamingos on them...not even joking.

space-cash