PGA Tour 2k21

• 5381 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4545 on: December 03, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »
Scratch that again. In mp can't turn off scorecard. Societies you can. It's so bad.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4546 on: December 03, 2020, 07:52:42 PM »
I wouldnt call new club sets /brands and a course junk.   If that's junk, what would not be junk?
   I'll agree, it is irritating when updates mess up core gameplay functions.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

sroel908

« Reply #4547 on: December 03, 2020, 08:37:26 PM »
EDIT: for anyone wanting to know, the Rocket Mortgage Classic @ Detroit replaces the Columbus Cup @ Emerald Lake GC in PGA TOUR mode (event 22).

Also, the Rocket Mortgage Classic will be available in your NEXT career mode season. I am in event 21 of my second season, and my event 22 is still the Columbus Cup. In my third year, it should be the Rocket Mortgage Classic.

sroel908

« Reply #4548 on: December 03, 2020, 08:39:41 PM »
I wouldnt call new club sets /brands and a course junk.   If that's junk, what would not be junk?

The addition of that stuff isn't junk necessarily, but the implementation is IMO. At least the course is free and part of the update for everyone...the other things, if you want all of them or want any that are "premium", you need to pay $8. Since it's all cosmetic, what's the point?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 08:50:42 PM by sroel908 »

dlw1964

« Reply #4549 on: December 03, 2020, 08:48:17 PM »
Hopefully will get a few more PGA tour stops on the PGA season mode.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RHINO4LIFE

« Reply #4550 on: December 04, 2020, 02:02:09 AM »
Relaunch Steam and you will receive the update.
Is there any plans to improve the speed of the designer on console?? Its shockingly slow and honestly isn't worth it anymore

Sent from my MRD-LX1N using Tapatalk
The series X is really fast in comparison to older XB models.  Maybe 1 second or so to execute your edit in the designer.

Alas....its a shame you cannot play the game on the series X. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4551 on: December 04, 2020, 07:20:31 AM »

I agree, it is not necessarily junk, but it is irritating that adding functionality to charge people more money is prioritized over the actual game/gameplay.  Welcome to the land of 2k Sports Micro transactions.  At least the pay wall is not pay to win, with the Mizuno clubs giving extra distance, or better accuracy.  The Mizuno's have similar stats to clubs already available.  They sure do look nice though!  :-)  The other items...not interested.  But I am sure others can't wait to play in an solid gold disco suit.

I played one round, online private match, and the scorecard simply did not work.  On a par 5, going for Eagle (3rd shot) while chipping from the fringe, the scorecard shows bogey.  Now I don't care about winning/losing when playing against a friend in a friendly match, but in golf the score is paramount.  This happened multiple times showing the wrong score for me, and also for the person I was playing against.

Also played the Detroit Golf Club.  Nice Course, and a nice addition to the game.  Without a course designer included with the game we would be salivating for new DLC courses like this...but with dozens of excellent courses by talented designers since release this is not as a hit as it would normally be.  I am still happy to see it added to the solo career mode!  More quality courses is always appreciated!!!!

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4552 on: December 04, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »

I agree, it is not necessarily junk, but it is irritating that adding functionality to charge people more money is prioritized over the actual game/gameplay.  Welcome to the land of 2k Sports Micro transactions.  At least the pay wall is not pay to win, with the Mizuno clubs giving extra distance, or better accuracy.  The Mizuno's have similar stats to clubs already available.  They sure do look nice though!  :-)  The other items...not interested.  But I am sure others can't wait to play in an solid gold disco suit.

I played one round, online private match, and the scorecard simply did not work.  On a par 5, going for Eagle (3rd shot) while chipping from the fringe, the scorecard shows bogey.  Now I don't care about winning/losing when playing against a friend in a friendly match, but in golf the score is paramount.  This happened multiple times showing the wrong score for me, and also for the person I was playing against.

Also played the Detroit Golf Club.  Nice Course, and a nice addition to the game.  Without a course designer included with the game we would be salivating for new DLC courses like this...but with dozens of excellent courses by talented designers since release this is not as a hit as it would normally be.  I am still happy to see it added to the solo career mode!  More quality courses is always appreciated!!!!

Agree with everything you've e said here with this thought though.    We got a complete game out of the gate and the fact that we're seeing season pass#1 of how many??  Is welcome news for a game that I love/is my favorite of all time.  More reasons to level up, another sponsored tour stop, clubs and new apparel.  Without dlc none of this would be happening.  I'll gladly give a meager $8 for these extra treats. That's a giveaway compared to today's dlc rates.
     Now, if I didnt like the game so much I might not choose to expand on it but most of what I buy I really like and want as much content as possible.
   All of this being said, the scoring HAS TO be corrected.  If this happens in single player I will not continue with the game.  Golf is all about scoring.  It cannot be messed up.  If I were an online player this would be a dealbreaker until I've read that it's been patched. (Seriously) this cant be left unfixed.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 09:19:25 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Martbloke

« Reply #4553 on: December 04, 2020, 09:43:03 AM »

Agree with everything you've e said here with this thought though.    We got a complete game out of the gate and the fact that we're seeing season pass#1 of how many??  Is welcome news for a game that I love/is my favorite of all time.  More reasons to level up, another sponsored tour stop, clubs and new apparel.  Without dlc none of this would be happening.  I'll gladly give a meager $8 for these extra treats. That's a giveaway compared to today's dlc rates.
     Now, if I didnt like the game so much I might not choose to expand on it but most of what I buy I really like and want as much content as possible.
   All of this being said, the scoring HAS TO be corrected.  If this happens in single player I will not continue with the game.  Golf is all about scoring.  It cannot be messed up.  If I were an online player this would be a dealbreaker until I've read that it's been patched. (Seriously) this cant be left unfixed.

Well it kinda does happen in PGA TOUR mode but was before the update last night. 2 things:

1) the final standings change over time for some events already finished. Don't know exactly why (possibly server speed issues) but 1 minute you have a certain finishing leaderboard, the next after an event or 2 or 3, that same event leaderboard has then changed so someone else has won.

2) the PGA pro highlights! Will they get it right. Current state, the shot counter top left is now in line with the highlight's shot BUT the commentary is not at times. Chip in for par but Luke and Rich are screaming Eagle.

Not massively game breaking issues as number 1 doesn't happen too often but still, these things are the things that should be prioritised IMO over adding cosmetics.

I totally agree also with what Johnny has said. I don't hate the pass idea (it's quite well done and like some of the free clubs on offer actually - if I like the M-Craft2 silver putter then I'll pay to unlock the blue version), I hate things behind pay walls but as these are cosmetics I'm fine with as they are optional, but what I can't get on board with is adding this while ignoring known issues in the game AND then breaking other stuff in the game in the process. That's unacceptable.

sroel908

« Reply #4554 on: December 04, 2020, 09:51:04 AM »

Scoring issues are happening in single player, too. I have had multiple career mode events where it shows one player winning the event on the leaderboard just as I finish my round, only for a different pro to be shown winning the event in the career mode main menu. This is unacceptable, and makes the mode basically worthless. I have "won" events, only to be shown that I actually finished outside the top spot. I even got a PS Trophy for winning my first PGA Tour event, but the main menu showed a T2 finish. How's that even possible? It kills the immersion, and is why I don't even play career mode anymore.

This is why a season pass update that features only cosmetic items, and that requires another $8 on top of the cost of the game to get all the rewards seems like a bit of a slap in the face to some. With so many issues left uncorrected, HB asking for us to pony up more cash to get silly flamingo putters and gold shirts comes off as out of touch.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4555 on: December 04, 2020, 10:44:12 AM »
How long as this been in the designer?.  Some red boards as well.....any more new additions?. or have they always been there? So i have been informed there are 2 extra pages of trees as well..33 to 35 pages

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 11:09:17 AM by Yeltzman »

sroel908

« Reply #4556 on: December 04, 2020, 10:47:50 AM »
How long as this been in the designer?.  Some red boards as well.....any more new additions?. or have they always been there?

Oh, well now that's interesting...I really wish they'd put out some patch notes to tell us all what's been added/changed/updated.

The Money Tour (TMT)

« Reply #4557 on: December 04, 2020, 10:49:46 AM »
Happy days.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4558 on: December 04, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »
Not sure if it's lame or not.....made 145th Open out of them........i am sure some designers will use them for amazing things....Great for mini golf design as well i reckon

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 11:11:21 AM by Yeltzman »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4559 on: December 04, 2020, 11:45:57 AM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, played a round with 2 pals and not only has the multiplayer scoreboard been moved to a really irritating place that gets in the way (a 5th of the way inside the left edge of the screen)

I can confirm that I saw this annoying new placement of the multiplayer scorecard on both the XBox One X and PC versions of the game yesterday.  It was actually overlapping my head on the PC version.  How does something like that get through testing for an update release... it's so blatantly obvious! :o
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash