PGA Tour 2k21

• 6217 Replies

Martbloke

« Reply #5055 on: April 22, 2021, 01:29:21 PM »
I'm glad something has been done.....finally! Just need to check it out for myself but at least now they see that it was clearly an exploit!! Slow clap....

sroel908

« Reply #5056 on: April 22, 2021, 01:53:56 PM »
Also seems like nothing has been done to change slow swings...so that may be the new meta in the game. A very slow drive still can travel about 290 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGeNgSS0IIE
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:00:03 PM by sroel908 »

Martbloke

« Reply #5057 on: April 22, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »
Also seems like nothing has been done to change slow swings...so that may be the new meta in the game. A very slow drive still can travel about 290 yards.

Is that potentially due to the cross-wind in that video that it's gone that far on a very slow?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5058 on: April 22, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
Love when they change a game because of clowns who cheat to get their name on the top of leaderboards that mean nothing.

You been playing computer Golf as long as me its always gone on and i bet the same people will find another way to exploit. Just happy not effected my enjoyment of the game this change.

I liked the risk reward of hitting fast for more distance but I rarely would go for fasts so it really doesn't affect me . Just don't like changing a game because of people who abuse it.

So now because of these losers we have no way to get extra yards via tempo.

Hopefully EA or the next version of this uses swing plane tempo and swing speed to determine the outcome and providing a much more immersive experience.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

sroel908

« Reply #5059 on: April 22, 2021, 02:49:38 PM »

Is that potentially due to the cross-wind in that video that it's gone that far on a very slow?

I don't think so...I just headed to the practice range and was able to consistently hit a very slow drive with 101% power that had a carry of around 285 yards, and a total length with roll of about 310. I only had a light 5-7 mph cross wind.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:01:44 PM by sroel908 »

hammers1man

« Reply #5060 on: April 22, 2021, 05:06:53 PM »
Love when they change a game because of clowns who cheat to get their name on the top of leaderboards that mean nothing.

You been playing computer Golf as long as me its always gone on and i bet the same people will find another way to exploit. Just happy not effected my enjoyment of the game this change.

I liked the risk reward of hitting fast for more distance but I rarely would go for fasts so it really doesn't affect me . Just don't like changing a game because of people who abuse it.

Hopefully EA or the next version of this uses swing plane tempo and swing speed to determine the outcome and providing a much more immersive experience.
The risk reward shot should be overswing not purposefully hitting a poor shot that rewards with extra distance. This is the fix we have been asking for , lower ball flight and and less carry. Better late than never.
Next fix, the crazy spin from splash shot out of the rough, HB Keith.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5061 on: April 22, 2021, 05:07:51 PM »
Played a little and I think it dumbs down the game for us that don't abuse the red fast.

Not a fan at all .

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5062 on: April 22, 2021, 05:27:32 PM »
Also just because some people cry on tgctours because some clowns cheat doesn't mean we all need the game dumbed down.  We could at least have a option to play without this stupid update.

Thanks a lot tgctours. 

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Stan Solo

« Reply #5063 on: April 22, 2021, 05:30:12 PM »
Well the outcry was heard and HB2K at least were pro active  ... that's the flip side

The tours will always make the loudest noise ..

Martbloke

« Reply #5064 on: April 22, 2021, 05:31:42 PM »

The risk reward shot should be overswing not purposefully hitting a poor shot that rewards with extra distance. This is the fix we have been asking for , lower ball flight and and less carry. Better late than never.
Next fix, the crazy spin from splash shot out of the rough, HB Keith.

Totally agree!

Played a little and I think it dumbs down the game for us that don't abuse the red fast.

Not a fan at all .

Confused. How does it dumb it down for someone who always attempts to play for perfect? Is it easier to hit perfect or not as much a hook now? Haven't played yet but if all they have done is reduced the distance for a miss-hit shot, I don't understand how it's dumbed down. If it doesn't hook as much and therefore more likely to stay in play, then I could see what you're saying.

Also, exploits in any game should always be patched IMO. I don't see how this has changed our game that much if you play for perfect to not like it - will play at some point and see why you're thinking this way.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:33:50 PM by Martbloke »

Gasman

« Reply #5065 on: April 22, 2021, 05:38:13 PM »
HB have F’d up the only decent current generation Golf game with this change.
Only a year to wait before for good or bad we get a game that isn’t influenced by TGC tours whiners.

hammers1man

« Reply #5066 on: April 22, 2021, 05:51:01 PM »
Only a year to wait before for good or bad we get a game that isn’t influenced by TGC tours whiners.
By taking out an unrealistic mechanic?. I don't play TGCTours, just happy to see an unrealistic golf mechanic fixed, poor hits in real life lose carry distance so why should it not be in this game.
Nothing more unrealistic than seeing a member of my society recently aiming into the right rough with a very strong left to right wind.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:52:41 PM by hammers1man »

AndersNM

« Reply #5067 on: April 22, 2021, 06:31:51 PM »
By taking out an unrealistic mechanic?. I don't play TGCTours, just happy to see an unrealistic golf mechanic fixed, poor hits in real life lose carry distance so why should it not be in this game.
Nothing more unrealistic than seeing a member of my society recently aiming into the right rough with a very strong left to right wind.

This is how it should have been in the first place - loosing distance on bad hits, not gaining distance. And progressive misses the more you miss from perfect.
I have not tested as I am not good enough to test red slows - but progressive miss is needed here as well if it isn't.

Remember everybody - the highest difficulties should not be for everyone, and the point of difficulties are so every player can choose the difficulty that suits them. No one have to play on Master or Legend difficulty. Just turn the difficulty down if the game is too challenging.

Gasman

« Reply #5068 on: April 22, 2021, 07:07:53 PM »

Rebuilding a swing mechanic I’m ok with but putting a band aid like this over an exploit is wrong.
If I mash a six iron in real life it doesn’t travel less distance..... I mean what was they thinking.

AndersNM

« Reply #5069 on: April 22, 2021, 07:15:10 PM »

Rebuilding a swing mechanic I’m ok with but putting a band aid like this over an exploit is wrong.
If I mash a six iron in real life it doesn’t travel less distance..... I mean what was they thinking.

You mix swing speed with tempo/timing. Fast timing/tempo has nothing to do with swing speed. All you do is closing the clubhead too soon, creating a draw/hook because you hit the ball with a closed clubhead. The swing speed is the same. Slow tempo is closing the clubhead too late, hitting the ball with an open clubface, creating a fade/slice. The swing speed is still the same.

space-cash