PGA Tour 2k21

• 6217 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5070 on: April 22, 2021, 08:22:49 PM »
So bad. Takes all the risk reward out of the game . Now it's just try and hit it straight because you lose distance for both misses.  Draws do go further in real life  so the fast should go further .All that matters now is swinging perfectly straight and perfect tempo. Total yawn.

Very fast should be a duck hook and very slow should be a shank. Beyond that is was fine the way it is. Tgctours is a joke just like this update .

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #5071 on: April 23, 2021, 03:09:03 AM »
The game is in a bad place with this botched update.

HB this needs to be undone as soon as possible because it’s a mess of a mechanic now.

I paid good money for this game & you’ve simply crippled the enjoyment of it.

Martbloke

« Reply #5072 on: April 23, 2021, 03:47:10 AM »
So bad. Takes all the risk reward out of the game . Now it's just try and hit it straight because you lose distance for both misses.  Draws do go further in real life  so the fast should go further .All that matters now is swinging perfectly straight and perfect tempo. Total yawn.

Very fast should be a duck hook and very slow should be a shank. Beyond that is was fine the way it is. Tgctours is a joke just like this update .

Perhaps then they should make the draw go further if you pull it off then? I.e. using TrueShot to draw it and perfect tempo. Afterall that's what you are saying.

A fast tempo is not a perfectly executed shot in this game. TrueShot is where you execute your shot shaping and perfect tempo is exciting that shot. Anything off perfect tempo is an incorrectly executed shot and so should not go where someone would expect it to go. That's what the mechanic was built as and if you have a different idea because you were using miss-hits (fast/slow tempos) for actual shots, then you've been using the idea of the swing mechanic incorrectly.

The risk reward is overswing, the difficulty selected and the club attribute you are using. You want more risk, take less forgiving clubs and go for perfect. There's your risk/reward.

AndersNM

« Reply #5073 on: April 23, 2021, 03:58:20 AM »

Perhaps then they should make the draw go further if you pull it off then? I.e. using TrueShot to draw it and perfect tempo. Afterall that's what you are saying.

A fast tempo is not a perfectly executed shot in this game. TrueShot is where you execute your shot shaping and perfect tempo is exciting that shot. Anything off perfect tempo is an incorrectly executed shot and so should not go where someone would expect it to go. That's what the mechanic was built as and if you have a different idea because you were using miss-hits (fast/slow tempos) for actual shots, then you've been using the idea of the swing mechanic incorrectly.

The risk reward is overswing, the difficulty selected and the club attribute you are using. You want more risk, take less forgiving clubs and go for perfect. There's your risk/reward.

Yes. The risk/reward as it should be - using overswing or not.
Any amount of sidespin reduce distance, not adding distance.
In order to hit the ball futher, you need increased swing speed, which is overswing.

hammers1man

« Reply #5074 on: April 23, 2021, 04:06:47 AM »

If you play real golf you will know that red fast is a hook not a draw and the more hook the less carry. It is realistic to lose carry distance for a poor ball strike.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:13:34 AM by hammers1man »

hammers1man

« Reply #5075 on: April 23, 2021, 04:11:28 AM »

Rebuilding a swing mechanic I’m ok with but putting a band aid like this over an exploit is wrong.
If I mash a six iron in real life it doesn’t travel less distance..... I mean what was they thinking.
Again downswing in this game is club face angle  on impact not downswing speed as it has been for the last 3 games. Swing faster just closes the clubface which would not produce more distance. Lower ball flight and less carry is a realistic outcome for a red fast.

Gasman

« Reply #5076 on: April 23, 2021, 06:27:03 AM »

Rebuilding a swing mechanic I’m ok with but putting a band aid like this over an exploit is wrong.
If I mash a six iron in real life it doesn’t travel less distance..... I mean what was they thinking.
Again downswing in this game is club face angle  on impact not downswing speed as it has been for the last 3 games. Swing faster just closes the clubface which would not produce more distance. Lower ball flight and less carry is a realistic outcome for a red fast.

There is nothing realistic about HB’s swing mechanic in relation to an actual golf swing.....it’s a computer game.

hammers1man

« Reply #5077 on: April 23, 2021, 07:02:07 AM »

There is nothing realistic about HB’s swing mechanic in relation to an actual golf swing.....it’s a computer game.
It is a computer simulation of golf so the ball physics should be better, it's not Mario golf. The extra yardage for poor shots is not golf.
Well done HB for improving the game.
Red slow also needs to be tweaked.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:32:48 AM by hammers1man »

Stan Solo

« Reply #5078 on: April 23, 2021, 08:25:15 AM »
They have replaced the red fast with a slow ... so now we have slow on either side .

After a little testing the swing is certainly more difficult and adds more randomness in master difficulty.

There is such a fine margin in hitting a grey fast which adds distance and a red fast which loses distance .

We will get used to it ... and hitting perfect/grey fast  is more of a priority if hitting over water for example .

Lot of arse clenching going on for sure ......

Alan_Bernardo

• GroupMember
« Reply #5079 on: April 23, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »
They have replaced the red fast with a slow ... so now we have slow on either side .

After a little testing the swing is certainly more difficult and adds more randomness in master difficulty.

There is such a fine margin in hitting a grey fast which adds distance and a red fast which loses distance .

We will get used to it ... and hitting perfect/grey fast  is more of a priority if hitting over water for example .

I applaud the update.  Playing Master, I typically will hit more perfects than fasts that go beyond the grey.  Snuffing out the fast exploit makes the game better.  Hitting a good bit beyond perfect, either way, should be penalized. 

It would appear that only those who have spent enormous amounts of time trying to game the system are the ones who will be the loudest against this change.

I'm all for it.

Now we can only wait until the exploiters find a new exploit. 

Acer Predator G3-605
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs),~3.4GHz
8 Gig RAM
GeForce GTX 760

Gasman

« Reply #5080 on: April 23, 2021, 10:07:11 AM »

I applaud the update.  Playing Master, I typically will hit more perfects than fasts that go beyond the grey.  Snuffing out the fast exploit makes the game better.  Hitting a good bit beyond perfect, either way, should be penalized. 

It would appear that only those who have spent enormous amounts of time trying to game the system are the ones who will be the loudest against this change.

I'm all for it.

I’m having a gripe because I do not get a tremendous amount of time to sit & relax playing computer games & do not want to keep hitting 60 yard pitches into water because I moved the swing stick a touch too fast.We have had this mechanic since release & I have got a way of playing that makes the game enjoyable for me.
I do not play tours or ultra competitive societies I just relax & play the game.
Now it’s unplayable & will be deleted if HB don’t do the right thing & put it back to how it was.

Martbloke

« Reply #5081 on: April 23, 2021, 10:08:12 AM »
Still not played since the update but just thinking, this would remove the flying over the green element that the fast and very fast would normally have brought to the table. The overswing of 5% is hard to hit and I normally get 101-102% which doesn't really add that fly too far outcome. That I can see as a shame.

Perhaps they need to add a greater overswing allowance of 10%+ that is sensitive when you go into that zone to accommodate for this loss (i.e. smaller margin going from 101% to max overswing (example of 110%) than say you would have going from 60% to 70%).

Aside that, it's a change in the right direction for this swing to stop people abusing it. A lot of peeps over at TGCT saying it's harder now trying to play well by hitting perfects and some saying it's just moved to a slight slow miss now which is fine with me as more than a slight slow = distance off.

Slows do need this kind of update though and the amount of swing definitely needs that touch if randomness added for red miss-hits which increases the further from perfect you miss. It's still a default amount of swing depending on how far you miss which is mappable again by people and the fast exploit can still be used for approaches - all they have to do is club up more to counter the distance lost.

Martbloke

« Reply #5082 on: April 23, 2021, 10:09:40 AM »

I'm all for it.

I’m having a gripe because I do not get a tremendous amount of time to sit & relax playing computer games & do not want to keep hitting 60 yard pitches into water because I moved the swing stick a touch too fast.We have had this mechanic since release & I have got a way of playing that makes the game enjoyable for me.
I do not play tours or ultra competitive societies I just relax & play the game.
Now it’s unplayable & will be deleted if HB don’t do the right thing & put it back to how it was.

This is a good thought. This update really didn't need to be added for pitch shots IMO so yeah that's a bit annoying. Apparently it's quite a punishment on the already difficult and punishing pitches.

Stan Solo

« Reply #5083 on: April 23, 2021, 10:13:15 AM »
- all they have to do is club up more to counter the distance lost.

You lose a lot of distance with the driver on the tee shot  ... the hole will play a lot longer .

hammers1man

« Reply #5084 on: April 23, 2021, 10:22:14 AM »

I'm all for it.

This is a good thought. This update really didn't need to be added for pitch shots IMO so yeah that's a bit annoying. Apparently it's quite a punishment on the already difficult and punishing pitches.
As someone who play partial pitches not splash outside of bunkers I think the more forging LW is a must for this shot. Also there is the advantage of leaving 80 yards than 60 as then I can play a full LW which has more spin and control than pitch.

space-cash