War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6541 on: November 15, 2021, 07:20:15 PM »
How about fixing career mode randomizing leaderboard s instead?
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #6542 on: November 15, 2021, 08:16:15 PM »
2K is more interested in selling bling packs than working on making the game better……..  Next we’ll be seeing Barbie’s Dream House
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6543 on: November 16, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »
I played a round last night after installing the update.  I couldn't tell any difference to be honest, but from what they're describing in the the smattering of update notes and clues we've got thus far, I didn't expect to.

The first thing I did was go into the graphics settings options and see if they'd added an option to turn vsync OFF...  they haven't :(  That would be a great option for PS5 and Series X owners who also have a 120 Hz, VRR capable display.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #6544 on: November 23, 2021, 05:47:10 AM »
PS5 are available from PlayStation direct if anyone is looking to get one.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6545 on: November 23, 2021, 01:33:23 PM »
PS5 are available from PlayStation direct if anyone is looking to get one.

Thanks, not sure for me. I may end up with an Xbox due to its upcoming game exclusives.  Might also wait for the pro versions since I have a gaming PC that will run all next gen stuff out there. (Just speaking for myself).   I also wonder will this console generation recover if you can't get one at a store for say another 2 years or so and, most all games are being made to PS4 /Xbox one specs due to the short supply.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6546 on: November 23, 2021, 05:11:51 PM »
Or.. maybe I'll just stay with my gaming PC for next gen.  Everything that's on x is on pc with the exception possibly of PGA tour
 EA is just not very pc friendly. No hockey, golf and last gen for Madden.  Meh
  Thegolfclub /pga 2k will prob continue on pc. So golf is covered
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 05:14:56 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6547 on: November 24, 2021, 11:14:26 AM »
I miss the days and wish HB would openly communicate with us their ideas for things to come.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Martbloke

« Reply #6548 on: November 24, 2021, 12:33:50 PM »
Yeah I mean surely they are in the middle of the next game if not near enough to a build where they could start promoting. I see Tiger is up and about now practicing (they shared it on Twitter last week I think) so must be getting some input from him.

I want news!

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #6549 on: November 25, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »
interesting today 2k/HB advertised on twitter and other sites about a Course Designer Job....(level Designer seems wrong to me) only thing which bothers me a little says still using the Unity Engine which i feel has not really moved on over 4 games physics and gameplay wise . Also you would have thought the courses would have already been planned for the next game, just hope HB/2k not moving away from real courses in the future.

https://www.hb-studios.com/work-with-us/     (then click Design jobs)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 01:27:16 PM by Yeltzman »

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6550 on: November 25, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »
interesting today 2k/HB advertised on twitter and other sites about a Course Designer Job....(level Designer seems wrong to me) only thing which bothers me a little says still using the Unity Engine which i feel has not really moved on over 4 games physics and gameplay wise . Also you would have thought the courses would have already been planned for the next game, just hope HB/2k not moving away from real courses in the future.

The article also mentions the unreal engine
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Gasman

« Reply #6551 on: November 26, 2021, 04:06:09 AM »

The article also mentions the unreal engine

I’m not sure I know enough about Unity’s engine to say it’s not good enough for a AAA sports title but the experience I’ve had with the Golf Club from the start is it’s an engine that’s consistently underwhelmed.
That may be a developer skill issue combined with a poor server build, to be honest I don’t know.
What does come across from HB is that the willingness to fix glaring bugs is not there & that reflects on their overall reputation. Of course when they started out it didn’t matter but they’re out in the bigger market now so they really need to up their skill set & get some serious QA testing done on the lead up to release.
They are not alone as many games are getting pushed out unfinished due to the pandemic but HB haven’t really had that excuse to lean on. In my opinion now is the time to stand out for the right reasons & push for a high quality finished game that the end user can be satisfied with.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 04:09:02 AM by Gasman »

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #6552 on: November 26, 2021, 07:32:50 AM »
What does come across from HB is that the willingness to fix glaring bugs is not there & that reflects on their overall reputation.

I feel very much the same as you, With the last 3 games tgc2/tgc2019/2k21 i feel they released a product which could have been so much better with little improvements here and there just to make it better. Got to say as well with 2k21 the last few months since Divot derby and community course content was added it's nothing i want from a golf game i am sure 1000s love it but the golf game i want is playing real courses and really 2k21 was designed perfect for how real courses play just a real shame HB/2k moving away from those. That is where the designer is perfect really you can design what you want to play, just a shame real course content seems to cause real issue's for 2k/hb at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 07:36:22 AM by Yeltzman »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #6553 on: November 27, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »
They know who the most talented designers are. I'm sure one of them would take the money on the side or full time.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #6554 on: November 28, 2021, 06:01:37 AM »
Damn these randomising leaderboards in career. Just come back to play a little this weekend because I finally have some free time, hit an -8 1st round yesterday to lead by 1 from Patrick Reed at the Zurich Classic. Now after 3 holes I notice JT is above me by 1 (I dropped to -7).

JT was on -1 yesterday at the end of the round. Today he's -1 after 3 and -8 total. Patrick Reed is now -4 after being -3 for today so it's clear they e swapped around. This is another reason why JT is so OP. They just need to keep randomising so JT is at the top always. It's so F***ING annoying HB. Sort it out for Christ's sake.

space-cash