Club getting "stuck" in backswing

• 6 Replies

keelayobx

« on: May 07, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »
Sorry for the multiple posts, but when posting the last one the forum advised against it since the last thread had not been responded to within the last 120 days. 

I've seen this posted in the past  and wanted to bring it up again.  Is anyone still having the issue where the club snaps back to ready position immediately after you pull the left analog stick back for the backswing?  I've tried every potential 'fix' out there - plugging another controller in, making sure my controller is charged, 'popping' up the left joystick, etc etc.  The controller works fine for every other game played in my house (Modern Warfare for me, Fortnite and Minecraft for the kids, etc), so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

I'm on PS4 and I'm currently on my 3rd controller trying to play TGC2019.  My first was the older original controller that was on its last legs, so when I began having this same swing issue, I bought a new one.  That one made it almost a year before this "swing glitch" started happening.  I thought 'hey, maybe I got a lemon on that last controller purchase', so I bought another.  This one is less than 5 weeks old and I'm already having this issue again - starting my backswing, and the club snapping back to address.  After 10-15 attempts, it will finally pull back.  But the resulting downswing is ALWAYS 'very slow', leading to a terrible slice/shank, regardless of the actual speed I move the left analog stick forward.

I love this game and all of its options.  But unless a fix can be patched through, this may be the end for me.  Anyone else still having this issue?  Any solutions from other players?

Thanks in advance!

Icyken

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
It's fairly common on PS4, although not sure
about other platforms , every now and again
I also get the same thing. I always assumed
it was just a internet connection thing , as it
usually cleared fairly quickly. Pretty sure it's
not a controller problem.
TOUR                MEMBERS+
Hermit of mink Hollow
Machrihan Dunes        
The Celtic isles +         
Craigendoran Links  +
Prestwick  Scotland  +   
Helensburgh  GC +      
Ayrshire Gailes   +
Rosemount  Scotland
St Nicholas  Prestwick +

moneyman273

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 03:12:33 PM »
A bug report submitted, that's hysterical.  HB hasn't addressed any bug fixes for a year and a half and barely respond to these threads anymore.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Vital Spark

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:01:21 PM »
Sorry for the multiple posts, but when posting the last one the forum advised against it since the last thread had not been responded to within the last 120 days. 

I've seen this posted in the past  and wanted to bring it up again.  Is anyone still having the issue where the club snaps back to ready position immediately after you pull the left analog stick back for the backswing?  I've tried every potential 'fix' out there - plugging another controller in, making sure my controller is charged, 'popping' up the left joystick, etc etc.  The controller works fine for every other game played in my house (Modern Warfare for me, Fortnite and Minecraft for the kids, etc), so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

I'm on PS4 and I'm currently on my 3rd controller trying to play TGC2019.  My first was the older original controller that was on its last legs, so when I began having this same swing issue, I bought a new one.  That one made it almost a year before this "swing glitch" started happening.  I thought 'hey, maybe I got a lemon on that last controller purchase', so I bought another.  This one is less than 5 weeks old and I'm already having this issue again - starting my backswing, and the club snapping back to address.  After 10-15 attempts, it will finally pull back.  But the resulting downswing is ALWAYS 'very slow', leading to a terrible slice/shank, regardless of the actual speed I move the left analog stick forward.

I love this game and all of its options.  But unless a fix can be patched through, this may be the end for me.  Anyone else still having this issue?  Any solutions from other players?

Thanks in advance!
I have recently started experiencing the exact same issues.

Console and controllers all perfect on all other games but TGC19 currently unplayable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vespernomics

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 04:17:27 PM »
I too am having the exact same issue.  It takes about 4-8 swing attempts until I can have a full swing.  It happens on every type of swing except putting.  I am so sad too, because this is my favorite game....but it has become unplayable.  PLEASE patch this :(

THERAYaka

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 02:50:10 PM »
I too am having the exact same issue.  It takes about 4-8 swing attempts until I can have a full swing.  It happens on every type of swing except putting.  I am so sad too, because this is my favorite game....but it has become unplayable.  PLEASE patch this :(
Yes, I'm having the same issue as well and am surprised very few are experiencing it. It started for me in April/May as well.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

MORTradio

• Harry plays golf for us, and Harry hates golf....
    • MORTradio
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »
Well, much like all of you, I am experiencing the game-breaking bug that you are all describing. Obviously, since there has been no word from the HB devs regarding THEIR screw-up, I believe it is safe to assume that we have been given the proverbial shrug of the shoulders, along with the statement, "Don't know what to tell you".

This was my post just yesterday regarding this game-breaking bug:

I had stopped playing TGC 2019 for a while, so perhaps I am being punished.  :-\

Anyway....

The last time I played the game (months ago) everything was fine (other than my crappy golf play, but that's another story). Swing, hit the ball, move, repeat, and so on.

I fired up the game about two weeks ago. It stated that there was an update pending, so I installed the update. Afterwards, I started the game again, going to the driving range. When the driving range loaded in, I went to make a swing with the driver, but it only moved for a moment, and then would reset, not allowing me to make a full backswing, let alone allow me to hit the ball. Thinking nothing of it, I tried again, and got the same result. Needless to say, I continued trying to do the backswing, but was unable to because it would simply reset.

I tried another controller (I always have had two controllers charging), and I started having the same results as I did with the first controller: Backswing resetting with every try.

I then unpackaged a new controller, paired it with my PS4, and tried that one, and still had the same results.

I then went to the course designer, and found that I had no problem with any of the controllers in regards to moving the designer icons about and designing courses. Yet, when I went into Practice Test mode from the course designer to test hitting the ball from the tee, I was once again plagued with the backswing resetting.

In the end, I did an obligatory uninstall/reinstall of the game, and was met with the same frustration, so I closed out TGC 2019 and proceeded to play something else.

I was just going to uninstall TGC 2019 permanently and send choice words to the HB Devs on Twitter, but I had a couple of shots of Jack Daniels and came to the forum first to see if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, is there a way to correct it?

And so, simply put, the backswing resets after only moving a little, no matter what controller I used, which makes playing the game impossible since it is not allowing to hit the balls (which is kind of a requirement to play the game).

Thanks in advance for your time in reading this, and any help that you can offer.

POST SCRIPT: The controllers that I was using are working just fine with every other game that I play, and as I already mention, work fine while in the TGC Course Designer.

Now, a fellow TGC golfer did offer some helpful advice to rectify this game-breaking bug, for which I am very appreciative. Nevertheless, I find it upsetting that players are still waiting for some sort of patch to rectify this issue. Furthermore, I honestly believe that no patch will ever come from the HB Devs. Yes, you will get an update that allows the TGC 2021 pre-order ad to plaster across the screen every time the game is started, but a patch to fix a game-breaking bug....well, sucks to be you (and in regards to pre-ordering TGC 2021, why should you....TGC 2019 went on sale with 40% off one month after its release).

I use to support TGC greatly, starting back with TGC 1, buying it on the day of release. And even though I was disappointed with TGC 2, I still supported the game, thinking that TGC 2 wasn't a full failure, and that TGC 2019 would the golf game that we have been looking for, which of course wasn't the case. It still had numerous bugs that were never patch, but we continued to play the game (except me, I gave up on it), always hoping for the fine tuning.

And now we have backswings resetting, and an unplayable game, along with an ad for pre-ordering TGC 2021.

HB Studios have their priorities straight, I'll give them that much.

Oh well....
It's time we talk about it....

space-cash