Putting problems

• 6 Replies

steelman1991

« on: May 10, 2020, 06:51:54 AM »
Hi folks - new user, having been gifted ny first ever PS4 for my 60th birthday - sons thought it would be good for old dad to have access to their gaming communities.

Having been a "real" golfer I thought I'd have a go with The Golf Club 2019. Everything has been going great, until the last couple of weeks (built my handicap to +5.8), when suddenly "putting" started to go "wonky". Randomly when I reach the green, before I get the opportunity to aim the putt, the game "takes over" and either produces several "air shots", which can lead to "maximum number of shots" and a score of +10, or the putter head swings back to full position and the only way to get out of that is to play the shot - shooting the ball across the green the maximum distance. All very frustrating as you can imagine and totally without any intervention from me.

Has anyone else experienced similar? It is ruining the game for me and would like to try and fix, if possible. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:10:09 AM »
It sounds like your having some ps4 server problems like others have reported.

steelman1991

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »
It sounds like your having some ps4 server problems like others have reported.

Thanks for that @Yeltzman, but is this just affecting the Golf Club 2019, or all games. Is there anything I can do to resolve, or is it an issue that has to be fixed centrally?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:27:14 AM by steelman1991 »

Yeltzman

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 11:04:16 AM »
I just think its down to the worldwide lock down and amount of players i think the HB servers are just struggling to cope.Not been on ps4 for a month or so,so unless others have a work round,i know someone has said disconnect Bluetooth in options and play with a connected cable,but others have said that does not help as well.

steelman1991

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 02:11:55 PM »
I just think its down to the worldwide lock down and amount of players i think the HB servers are just struggling to cope.Not been on ps4 for a month or so,so unless others have a work round,i know someone has said disconnect Bluetooth in options and play with a connected cable,but others have said that does not help as well.

Thanks for that. Tried the cable option, but there's no change in the behaviour. Will monitor over the coming weeks, see if there's any improvement, but it's seriously affecting the gameplay. I'm new to all this so thanks for the assistance - pity the playback relies on factors beyond the local disc  :'(

Yeltzman

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 03:46:13 PM »
Sorry your really having trouble,wish i could help more,i am putting the ps4 on now and going to take a look to see if i notice anything.

Just played no problem getting into the TGC tours True sim society,and played a round on a lidar course no problems at all,Just wondering is it all courses you are having problems or just certain ones.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:14:27 PM by Yeltzman »

samterrence

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 05:06:47 AM »
have you any other accessory's plugged in, steering wheel or other joy pads, that could interfere with your PS4

space-cash