• golf-beta
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:45:53 PM by MERACE »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 05:13:46 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqJALPVn0Y

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

-MERACE

Great news... that will give me five days of seat time with MSFS 2020 before PGA TOUR 2K21 (hopefully) takes over my gaming world!  8)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 05:32:29 PM »
This looks pretty amazing.  I already downloaded it to my PC via the Xbox Game Pass for PC.  It looks like it will be the Standard Edition as part of the Game Pass for PC.  Now I get to look at the title until August 18th.   ;D

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »
I started downloading the 254 GB installation file last night, got home this morning from my dental appointment and hit play.  It then took me to 92 GB update file, which is now in progress :o  It doesn't download fast either... everybody and his brother must be tapping into it right now!
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 02:22:40 PM »
The 91.4 GB update file I launched over 2 hours ago is still downloading, processing & decompressing, in stages.  At its present rate, I *might* be flying about 4:15 PM EDT. :o
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »
Is this game on console game pass or PC only?

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 11:41:09 PM »
Is this game on console game pass or PC only?

It's PC only... my Ultimate Game Pass did the trick for me.  Today's experience with this reminded me of why I switched (primarily) to a console gamer from a PC gamer.  It took a grand total of about 8 hours to get this thing downloaded, decompressed, and installed on my gaming PC.  I wasn't having to mind it while all this was going on, but I kept checking on it throughout the day.  It had my disk at 100%, according to task manager, during most of that process.

I gave it a go tonight and it's impressive, but prone to freezing with the graphics settings as I have them now.  When it's moving, it's moving smoothly.  I'm running mostly everything on High (one down from the highest which is Ultra), at 1440p and it looks really good.  I've got to play with its settings to find the sweet spot. 

Control wise, even the "medium" help control setting was giving me more than I could handle.  It'll take me a while to learn the controls.  The whole thing just oozes quality though.... very impressive!
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 03:17:29 PM »
All I can say ... is ... WOW!  I can only wish 2K21 will be this good...  I flew over my house (low and inverted in the Pitts) and could see my El Camino in the Driveway, and my Alfa Romeo and Camper on the side of my house  .... my Benz was probably at the golf course ...
My most recent course:
Helen D. Devil's Hole GC

Presidio Fort Point
Marina Del Pacifico
Kasplash-Andropn
Harvest High Country Club
The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay
Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 05:14:16 PM »
It's awesome, but there is a very steep learning curve.  I need to go through a slew of tutorials.  I've failed in all three of my landing attempts.... fatally.  It's a simulator that's going to have to grow on me.  I'm not chomping at the bit to play it more than 30 minutes a day.  This sucker takes fooooooorever to load... like each flight/mission/challenge takes 5 minutes or more to load.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
This is the best game I've played in a long while.  It's just ridiculously good!  I was thrilled to find that it works great on my iMac in Bootcamp without issue.  I'm running on high and 1080P and it's smooth as butter.  I can probably bump up the resolution a little bit and still be fine.

If you're new to flight simulators or flying in general then yes, the learning curve is VERY steep.  Pick something like the Icon A5 - it's even easier and more intuitive to fly than one of the Cessna variants.  It can be a pain to trim the elevator out but other than that it's great!  Plus, you can take off and land on both land & sea!  I spent most of my first hour just hoping around the Charlotte metro area landing on both water and smaller airports.

The scenery is amazing!!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

DDawg

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2020, 01:54:31 AM »
This is the best game I've played in a long while.  It's just ridiculously good!  I was thrilled to find that it works great on my iMac in Bootcamp without issue.  I'm running on high and 1080P and it's smooth as butter.  I can probably bump up the resolution a little bit and still be fine.

If you're new to flight simulators or flying in general then yes, the learning curve is VERY steep.  Pick something like the Icon A5 - it's even easier and more intuitive to fly than one of the Cessna variants.  It can be a pain to trim the elevator out but other than that it's great!  Plus, you can take off and land on both land & sea!  I spent most of my first hour just hoping around the Charlotte metro area landing on both water and smaller airports.

The scenery is amazing!!

I concur ... especially when everything is ultra, or on High in 4k res ....
real time weather ... My state is on fire everywhere ...

I love the Pitts, Cap and the Extra .... The Extra 330 is super nibble ... Pitts is a handful on takeoff

My most recent course:
Helen D. Devil's Hole GC

Presidio Fort Point
Marina Del Pacifico
Kasplash-Andropn
Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak

mebby

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2020, 06:15:05 PM »

The scenery is amazing!!

I concur ... especially when everything is ultra, or on High in 4k res ....
real time weather ... My state is on fire everywhere ...

I love the Pitts, Cap and the Extra .... The Extra 330 is super nibble ... Pitts is a handful on takeoff

I need to hop in that extra for some aerobatics!!

So far it’s been all Icon A5 and Cub bush flying for me. Exploring Alaska is superbly entertaining!!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

DDawg

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2020, 09:47:28 PM »

I need to hop in that extra for some aerobatics!!

So far it’s been all Icon A5 and Cub bush flying for me. Exploring Alaska is superbly entertaining!!

I just got done flying from Elmendorf to Sarrevohn AK.  I was stationed at the remote LLR site there, when it was still under the control of the USAF and the Alaskan Air Command, from the mid 1950's up to 1981, when the FAA took over most of the long Range Radar sites.

The Extra is a wicked plane for Acrobatics, most my flying, 95% of it is from inside the ****pit.  Only coming outside the play for picture moments and finding points of interest.  The predecessor to this was Microsoft Flight.  Which was similar but a bit more arcade in nature, still it was fun cause you could fly "Missions" or Jobs to deliver cargo or passengers.  to different airports on a smaller scale, Hawaii and Alaska. 

I sort of hoped the would have added some of that into this sim.  MS Flight also had some really cool and unique challenge courses /// those were a blast and pushed your flying skills.  One such challenge was flying a P-51 on a timed speed run thru a canyon, having to bank, dive, climb, loop and roll you way the gates .... it was a total kick ... problem was the ****pit view inside the 'stang lacked functional instrument panel ... still, it was a kick in the ass ... I just don't like flying from outside the planes in chase view ...  and Flying a 747 or a 787 ins't my idea of how I want to spend 5 hours flying crost country, or around the world.  I did try it, just to see if I could roll it. 
My most recent course:
Helen D. Devil's Hole GC

Presidio Fort Point
Marina Del Pacifico
Kasplash-Andropn
Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak

space-cash