Madden NFL 21

• 1 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: August 17, 2020, 09:30:34 PM »
I used to be a big fan of the Madden NFL series, but have found that over time, it's slowly lost its appeal to me.  I still find that NCAA Football 14 on my XBox 360 delivers a more satisfying football experience of them all.  I'd give Madden 10 the nod as the best of the Madden series, for what I want out of the game. 

Anyway, I played a couple of games in the Early Access period for Madden 20, and wasn't terribly impressed.  It seems like the animations are too locked into scripted sequences and take control away from me.  I also find the pass defense lacking, and being way too susceptible to giving up the middle zone. 

I've watched some previews and discussion of Madden 21 and it reminds me too much of what I didn't like about Madden 20.  I'll get to play it during early access weekend, but my heart doesn't open up to football until September.  I'll be busy with MSFS 2020, and a new golf game that's supposed to be coming out later this week to give it much attention  :D

I'd like to read some of you folk's thoughts on it, as I'm afraid some of my outlook on the game has been skewed by Madden haters.  :-\
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »
The Madden series lost me many iterations ago.  I mean, it's an impressive game but it just doesn't do much for me anymore.  I have Origin Premier Access mainly for FIFA but I'm starting to lose interest in that title as well.  EA has just been laying eggs for the past few years in my opinion.

I'm sure I'll play Madden eventually but right now I'm just kinda ho-hum about it.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

space-cash