2K21 Designer Testplay Mouseswing

• 1 Replies

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« on: August 23, 2020, 08:37:25 PM »

First of all:
The current swing with the mouse is pritty close to the declared targe (swing by feel) and is difficult to execute. Which is a good thing imo. Tho it is on the quickside.

But now, trying to equal swind difficulty for mousers an stickers some details simply went bad.

Looks like as if someone had the glorious idea to define a Deadzone for the mouse resulting in some fatal missbehaviours.
When taking a swing (btw. very close to the speed of light) the mouse has to be moved quit a bit befor anything starts happening. Feels worst when putting. I have tried various DPI/sensitivity settings while testplaying in the course designer, but it allways behaves the same. The Killer- (sorry) Deadzone is worst felt when starting the swing (actions is delayed until the mouse has been moved a good way back) and in transition when starting the downswing. There is seems to be not so grave.

What one would expect as a behaviour is either of 2 possibilites:
  • Direct control of the club. Meaning that the movement of the club is directly proportional to the amount and speed of the movement of the mouse. (This would me my personal favorit, certainly if i could do it horizontaly instead of billard-like ;D ) or
  • Direct control of the clubspeed. Meaning that the speed the club moves depends on the amoutn the mouse is pulled. (This could make sense).The current implementation seems to be a mix of both (obviously simulating a joystick) but the deadzone kills it totaly.

Conclusion: The current implementation is (including all the "easiers") usable but there is room for improvement.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 07:42:33 AM »
After the last patch:
Putting with the mouse is simply garbage!
This damn Deadzone on the mouse simply kills everything.

KILL THE DEADZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

space-cash