PGA Tour 2k21 full of bugs and still has same problems as the 2019 version

• 2 Replies

TheDenis1951

« on: September 07, 2020, 11:50:43 PM »
The swing mode in this game is still ridiculous. 2k Sports claims that swinging slow opens the club face and sends the ball way off line and just the opposite with a fast swing. In real life, that is the furthest from the truth. Fast and slow swings have very little do with whether or not you hit the ball straight. There are many factors that make the ball either slice or hook, and slow and fast swings aren't 2 of them. While mentioning this, I find it ridiculous that having a 100% swing power and then getting a slow swing messge is just not possible, since power is swing speed. So, 100% power means a perfect swing speed.

In putting, occasionally when I draw the putter back, it sometimes races back quickly and causes a longer putt that I want. And I always draw the stick back the same speed. There is some kind of malfunction happening.

In the career mode, Rivalries, how come you never get credit for no bogey rounds? I have played 6 tournaments so far, and in all of them I have had multiple no bogey rounds and even had all 4 rounds of no bogies, and yet it still said I had zero no bogey rounds. So, basically I'm getting screwed out of rivalry points because it is not giving me credit for any no bogey rounds. And I know my rivals had bogies because when it showed replays of them and showed their cards, they had bogies. Can you people at HB Studios get a patch to fix this problem?

The one thing that makes this game have no improvement over the 2019 version is the swing method still sucks. Take this slow and fast swing nonsense out of the equation, because the only thing the swing speed should affect is the distance. The direction of the stick should determine whether or not the shot went off left or right. Also, another problem with this stupid method is that I can push the stick several shots with no discernible difference in speed, and get one swing saying too fast and one being too slow. When you measure the swing speed by the stick movement and the difference is in milliseconds, how can we adjust if we cannot feel that small difference in movement? It's like slow is 40%, fast is 40%, and perfect is only 20%. When talking about milliseconds, you cannot notice any difference between fast, slow, and perfect. Get rid of this feature, it ruins the game.

Thrangar

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
Just so you can make use of those no bogie rounds...I remember a contract that required a no bogie round...so choose wisely
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

c64

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 09:55:21 PM »

You can turn off the tempo in the settings if you don't like it. I tried playing on legend difficulty with it turned off but takes all the challenge out of the swing I found it too easy to hit it straight.

space-cash