Game sharing Xbox?

• 4 Replies

Gasman

« on: August 23, 2020, 09:03:22 AM »
Has anyone got any idea on how to game share across two Xbox accounts.
I read that Microsoft allow this feature & I have followed what I think is the correct procedure but the share is not working.

I have purchased digital games on account A & want to play them on account B.

If anyone has any ideas I’d appreciate any suggestions.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 09:34:54 AM »
I read that Microsoft allow this feature & I have followed what I think is the correct procedure but the share is not working.

You set the other Xbox as your home one and the one your playing on as the other, you log onto that one and your friend or family member logs onto the other one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holmes108

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 09:38:20 AM »
Account A then needs to set his "home xbox" (in the Xbox setting) on account B's physical xbox.

That means that anyone on account B's xbox can play all the games. But the catch is, account A can now only play his games on his Xbox when he's logged in and connected to the internet. Not an issue 99% of the time, but if the internet is out, account A is out of luck.

So to summarize, So A goes over to B's xbox, logs in, finds the "make this my home xbox" setting, follows the prompts, and voila. One this is done, account A can even delete his profile off of the Xbox, and all the games will still work, regardless of who is logged in.

Each account can only have one home xbox. A physical xbox can be multiple people's home xbox though (multiple people can game share with person B, for example).

Hope that made sense.

Edit : ninja'd

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Gasman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 09:48:28 AM »

You set the other Xbox as your home one and the one your playing on as the other, you log onto that one and your friend or family member logs onto the other one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers for the reply........I have done this but still not working.

The primary Xbox in our house has account A & B on it. I only ever make digital purchases on account A. We have a secondary Xbox which only ever uses account A.
If I want to play on account A I have to wait for the secondary Xbox to be offline.(not often 😂)
My theory was I could use account B on the primary Xbox which has been set to the home console on that account.
I can only get access from account A although momentarily it worked initially on B.
I have done a full reset but still not working.
I thought it may be a game problem but all digital titles are telling me to log in with the account I purchased on.

Gasman

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 04:13:38 PM »
Leslie/Holmes

Got this sorted now thanks for your help👍🏼

space-cash