2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 16, 2020, 11:53:47 AM

XBox Series X version "perks" for PGA TOUR 2K21

• 439 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #420 on: February 20, 2021, 11:01:40 AM »
Some encouragement from Craig ..despite your obvious fatigue  ... maybe something in the next update  ?

If Microsoft is aggressively pursuing the Frame Boost feature the way the "Verge" article suggests, I'd be more willing to say that HB Studios would let them run with it.  There would be no cost or development time for HB Studios if they just let Microsoft handle it for them.

My remaining concern about this not happening for the Series X (and S, according to The Verge article) would be that HB Studios objects to it because it would "contaminate" the parity of the gameplay within the XBox platform.  There's no doubt that the swing tempo is easier to manage at 60 FPS, versus 30 FPS (or at least it is for me).  I'd also be willing to say that the extra feedback one gets at 60 FPS helps a lot with the touch in the short game, particularly putting.

OTOH, we already have that disparity on the PC platform, where not only do some PC players play it a 60 FPS, we have others who can run it at 80 FPS and beyond.  I don't hear any belly aching from those who have PCs that can only run the game at 30 FPS there, but PCs of that type are now in a small minority on that platform, whereas the Series X and S owners probably only comprise 8 to 10% of the XBox market.

Whatever the case, I'm holding out some pretty strong hope that this will happen for the 2K21 players on the Series X/S, especially now that Microsoft is driving this innovation. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #421 on: March 05, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
Oh, can we get Craig to come back in here now and admit that he's the one who cast the "60 Hz vsync lock" vote in the poll?  ;D
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: March 05, 2021, 04:52:11 PM »
Oh, can we get Craig to come back in here now and admit that he's the one who cast the "60 Hz vsync lock" vote in the poll?  ;D
You mean... you think that was me? I would never... :-X  ;)
~Senior Game Designer

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #423 on: March 05, 2021, 07:39:27 PM »

ROTFLMAO!  No further questions of this witness your honor! :D

(btw, I took that vote as a tacit admission that the frame rate cap removal update was coming...)
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2021, 07:57:04 AM »

ROTFLMAO!  No further questions of this witness your honor! :D

(btw, I took that vote as a tacit admission that the frame rate cap removal update was coming...)
I just want to say it’s made a big difference to the game for me.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #425 on: March 06, 2021, 11:50:11 AM »

Leslie, I take it you may not have been expecting as much of a difference in the gameplay as you're seeing at 60 FPS?  If so, you're not alone... I'm reading and hearing this far and wide in the circles in which I travel.  It's just so wonderful to see that this game now has a stage in which it can be fully experienced in its less restricted environment.

I'm going to start a new thread to broaden the discussion to the full range of XBox gen 4 consoles, and beyond, as it applies this new, more inclusive vsync option.  I hope to read more of your thoughts on it there.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:02:07 PM by jcauthen04 »
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #426 on: March 06, 2021, 12:47:33 PM »

Leslie, I take it you may not have been expecting as much of a difference in the gameplay as you're seeing at 60 FPS?  If so, you're not alone... I'm reading and hearing this far and wide in the circles in which I travel.  It's just so wonderful to see that this game now has a stage in which it can be fully experienced in its less restricted environment.

I'm going to start a new thread to broaden the discussion to the full range of XBox gen 4 consoles, and beyond, as it applies this new, more inclusive vsync option.  I hope to read more of your thoughts on it there.
I wasn’t sure if my X1X was up to it but it’s working well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #427 on: March 06, 2021, 10:10:45 PM »
Having spent a little time with it I can say right away you notice the difference. Very smooth and swing seems faster. All the in game animations and pop ups the like overhead map is smoother.  Having experienced the difference from 30 to 60 on pubg I had an idea it this game would have the same benefits.

I did recalibrate because I was getting fasts like crazy. It did seem to help. I do play with feedback off but turned it on for the range. Seems yiu can get more % than before. It feels more precise. The putting definitely feels better. Made some great putts today in a couple society rounds. Definitely felt more confident over the ball. The only negative I have seen is I am having issues with the splash , flop and pitch. It's seems more sensitive. But I need more time with it.

My tv does support 60hz at 4K and 120 Hz at 1080 so I have seen no issues performance wise. I do wonder what happens if people turn this on but don't have tvs that can support it. I also can't believe they still have dof on as default . Never understood that.

Overall great update. The season pass is meh to me didn't really see anything that was worth the money but I bought it to support the game. Especially after getting this update.  I am hoping we see nike and ping in the near future. Maybe some black shorts? Please!

One thing that still bothers me in the putter head on a lot if the putters is at a angel and not flat. Really should be fixed.

Anyway this is best golf has looked and played in my setup. It's really impressive considering where we started with TGC 1. So congratulations HB. Job well done.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Stan Solo

« Reply #428 on: March 07, 2021, 06:46:40 AM »
I also can't believe they still have dof on as default . 

Correct ... it should be off as default  .

FRSTDWN

« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2021, 06:15:40 PM »
I am traveling and brought the xbox x I have and hooked up to the ****ty lg the hotel room has. Lmao. I don't even want to play. Night and day between the SX and my set up compared to this donkey.

For those that say 4K and proper set ups don't matter are blind or never seen one.

It's awful . At least netflix and hulu is watchable.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2021, 11:13:15 PM »
I am traveling and brought the xbox x I have and hooked up to the ****ty lg the hotel room has. Lmao. I don't even want to play. Night and day between the SX and my set up compared to this donkey.

For those that say 4K and proper set ups don't matter are blind or never seen one.

It's awful . At least netflix and hulu is watchable.

So it's a 1080p LG?  I bet an even bigger problem with it is that it's got a lot higher input lag than what you're used to?

I have a 1080p Toshiba hooked up to an XBox One X in my bedroom.  This game looks significantly better at 4K than it does at 1080p, but I bet the biggest difference you're seeing is due to higher input lag.  I've got 65 ms on my Toshiba, compared to 17.5 ms on my 4K TCL.  I find 2K21 unplayable on my bedroom setup.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #431 on: April 28, 2021, 05:39:32 PM »
Yeah it's 1080.

Lol the latency was 80 or something. My set up it's 14 or something.

It's horrible.

I also use a headset in a hotel because one time playing pubg the security came to my door because of gunfire.  Lmao. I hate headsets . Feel like I'm trapped or something. Love my surround sound at home.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Stan Solo

« Reply #432 on: April 29, 2021, 06:15:04 AM »
I also use a headset in a hotel because one time playing pubg the security came to my door because of gunfire.

lol .... you were lucky it wasn't a SWAT team knocking the door down and filling your room with tear gas .

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #433 on: April 29, 2021, 11:12:01 AM »
Yeah it's 1080.

Lol the latency was 80 or something. My set up it's 14 or something.

Oh the the horrors... that would be unplayable in this game!

I also use a headset in a hotel because one time playing pubg the security came to my door because of gunfire.  Lmao. I hate headsets . Feel like I'm trapped or something. Love my surround sound at home.

LOL... if you were doing that in South Carolina they'd have been knocking on your door to invite you to their gaming party!  8)

I'm with you on the headsets making you feel "trapped"... that's exactly the way I'd describe it.  Oh how I'd love to have just an open ear chat mic like we used to have on the XBox 360 so I could still fully hear my home theater surround system.  I had one of those wireless jobs that simply hung over your ear lobe, and had a little hint of a wrap around mic.  It worked splendidly with my system.  I can't believe that option is no longer in out grasp ???
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #434 on: May 24, 2021, 05:53:17 PM »
Still amazes me that I have to use a wired chat mic on the series X .  How is that possible. I'd pay 100 bucks for a wireless one easy. And I'm not taking about headsets. I can't stand headsets. Feels like I'm trapped.

The xbox app is also still horrible.

Console is awesome though. Minus the quick resume . On games you need to be online it doesn't work well.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash