Course high scores

• 6 Replies

billybgame

« on: October 29, 2020, 06:19:51 PM »
Please tell me that the course high scores that you could easily see in Golf Club 2 were not omitted from 2019.  Just got it and imported one of my courses, and played it and went to see if the high scores tranferred with it, etc.  I see no way to view much of anything off the course page like Golf Club 2 had.

Hopefully I'm just missing this.  Otherwise, why on earth would it have been removed?

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:43:58 AM »
Please tell me that the course high scores that you could easily see in Golf Club 2 were not omitted from 2019.  Just got it and imported one of my courses, and played it and went to see if the high scores tranferred with it, etc.  I see no way to view much of anything off the course page like Golf Club 2 had.

Hopefully I'm just missing this.  Otherwise, why on earth would it have been removed?

None of the stats from the 2019 version transfer.  Some things are better in 2k21, some of the things are not as good as 2019.

billybgame

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 11:36:48 AM »
I wasn't really talking about the aspect of the imported course from GC 2. 

The main thing I'm talking about is the course info that was in GC2.  What idiot decided the game was better or didn't need the high scores for a given course.  Talk about very short sighted or not understanding what makes a game better.

Yes, it's vastly improved that you can alter your shot now when in the landing zone view. 

Yes, the career mode is vastly improved.

But, to not have high scores for courses is just non-sensical.  It's nearly a game breaker for me to be honest. 

Duh.  You want to have your prior high scores to shoot for on your courses or any of your favorite courses.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 01:51:48 PM »

The main thing I'm talking about is the course info that was in GC2.  What idiot decided the game was better or didn't need the high scores for a given course.  Talk about very short sighted or not understanding what makes a game better.

Yes, it's vastly improved that you can alter your shot now when in the landing zone view. 

But, to not have high scores for courses is just non-sensical.  It's nearly a game breaker for me to be honest. 

Duh.  You want to have your prior high scores to shoot for on your courses or any of your favorite courses.
Not sure what to tell you mate.  I don't think that any of the 3 later iterations of The Golf Club had the records transfer over to the new version of the game.  Course plays, handicaps, records...none of that ever transfered from TGC to TGC2 to TGC 2019 to TGC 2k21. 

We're lucky that the actual courses are able to be transferred.  Once there, its a new game and the records, and all related stats start over.  Some of the stats in 2k21 are sketchy at times, so it's one of those things that may not be 100% accurate.

I certainly don't like it either--but you either play the game the way it is, or decide to move on to something else.

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 07:14:30 PM »

Not sure what to tell you mate.  I don't think that any of the 3 later iterations of The Golf Club had the records transfer over to the new version of the game.  Course plays, handicaps, records...none of that ever transfered from TGC to TGC2 to TGC 2019 to TGC 2k21. 

We're lucky that the actual courses are able to be transferred.  Once there, its a new game and the records, and all related stats start over.  Some of the stats in 2k21 are sketchy at times, so it's one of those things that may not be 100% accurate.

I certainly don't like it either--but you either play the game the way it is, or decide to move on to something else.

Have to smile at this ...he has 6 posts and your telling him to move on...you 646 posts and most have been complaints....move on!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 03:15:18 PM »

Have to smile at this ...he has 6 posts and your telling him to move on...you 646 posts and most have been complaints....move on!

That is classic coming from you mate!  You have complained about everything under the sun from not being able be in the Top 10 on TGC Tours (in every iteration of the game from TGC1 to now), to everything in between.  You are NEVER happy!

I almost NEVER complain about this game.  I take it warts and all, and never reach out to the developers asking for a fix.  Do I wish that things were a little more polished? Sure...but it is still the best golf game I have ever played, and you can quote me on that, and have seen that same quote multiple times from me since 2k21 has been released.

Please put my on your ignore list, and I have already done the same for you.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 06:02:33 AM »
For the record and. I forget where it is.  Maybe under course stats, best rounds are there along g with other bests for a course in 2k21.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash