Career Mode Leaderboards change/randomize after tournament

• 3 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: December 15, 2020, 09:34:30 AM »
. I know this has been discussed somewhere. But, after I played the 1st tournament in career mode my 2 winners were justin rose and adam Scott both shooting -8 for 3 round tournaments. So I return later , jump back into career mode and find that those two players tournament scores/placing has changed to the +4 range and adam hadwin shows winning this first tournament with -13. What gives? Is there a workaround? If I would have played 1 hole into the next tournament would the 1st tournaments results have saved correctly? Do I need to stick with 4 round tournaments? Any help would be appreciated greatly, thanks.

I've posted this in the 2k support forum as well.   Is there any workaround?  I've started over again and moved my #of rounds per tournament from 3 to 4.   And, I am going to always play one hole into the next round and tournament to see if the correct leaderboard finishes stay in tact for the previous round/event.  I hope this is the workaround to having the game randomizing the leaderboard for previous events as you move on thru the pga tour/career mode.   I will report back.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:48:55 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 06:42:54 AM »
Okay.  After setting up my 4 round tournaments and playing 1 hole after advancing through my first round I first exited pga career mode out to the main menu and then went back into pga career mode.  Checked the leaderboards and they were correct/ no randomizing.
  So then I exited completely out of the game , then rebooted the game and went back into pga career mode and checked the leaderboards .   No changes or randomizing.  So that's good.   
   My next check will be after my completion of my first 4 round tournament.  Keep in mind that I will advance to tournament #2 and play one hole before exiting out of the game and reentering career mode.  This time I will look at tournament #1,and see if there were changes to the final leaderboard in tournament#1.   Fingers crossed.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

neilwilkes

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 06:25:33 AM »
Since the last patch things have only got worse too.
Last Career mode tourney I played at the end of R1 I was in the lead at -6, second place was at -5 and so on.
Start R2, all fine.
Get to the end of the first hole, and suddenly the leaderboard now has someone at -12 from R1 that was just not there last turn.
WTAF?

Martbloke

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »
Ticket: 9712655

CAREER MODE RANDOMISING LEADERBOARDS AND INCORRECT POINTS AWARDED!
Martbloke
5 days ago
Howdy,

Not sure why I am bothering to raise this because it seems like the devs are done with the game but still it needs to be highlighted in hope they do actually fix it and considering it's a golf game highlighting the pro game it should be correct.

Anyways, constantly through the PGA TOUR mode the event leaderboards randomly change when you load up the game after turning off for the day - existing part played events and those that have already concluded. Here is an example where at the 1st event of the play-offs, it's 1 field led by Brian Stuard at the end of round 1 but when I load it up later that evening for round 2, it's changed and Champ is leading the way. Play round 2 ending with Kisner leading the ay only to find when I load back up later for round 3, that actually it's reverted back to how the field was when Stayed led the way and now I'm leading.

Regarding points allocated, the wrong points are handed out at the end. For JT and Burns tied in 1st they should've got 1600 each (2000+1200), for me and Reed in tied 3rd, it should've been 650 each (760+540) and Kisner in 5th should've got 440 not almost the same as those who won.

Basic stuff here that should NOT be going wrong in their lead mode for the official PGA TOUR game.

IMG_20211217_002824.jpg
2 MB Download
IMG_20211217_163615.jpg
2 MB Download
IMG_20211217_170836.jpg
2 MB Download
IMG_20211218_003042.jpg
2 MB Download
IMG_20211218_005950.jpg
2 MB Download
Jim B.
4 days ago
Hey Mart,

Jim here and thanks for reaching out to 2K Support. I'll do my best to help you out with this issue starting with the troubleshooting steps so we can move them out of the way in case we proceed to doing this as a Bug Report.

I'd like to start by doing a cache clear, as this is an easy fix for a lot of issues. This helps to re-sync any files that may have been corrupted.

If you've tried that and are still experiencing issues, it may be related to your network connection. To continue troubleshooting, please check out these guides:
Console Network Troubleshooting

Once you've completed the steps in the provided guides, give the game another shot and let me know how it goes!

Please let me know if you have any questions along the way and I can help you out.

Thank you,

Jim B.
2K Support

Martbloke
3 days ago
Hi Jim!

I know this is your go to on your scripts to fix issues but this is not a cache issue nor network issue. This is a game issue and needs to be forwarded to the devs as feedback to fix their game. This happens not only to me but multiple players and the devs can clearly see this all over their forums - HB Studios forums and the official 2K forum.

Jim B.
3 days ago
Hi Mart,

Jim here again and thanks for the update.

Yes. It is our standard procedure to provide troubleshooting steps before taking the next steps for this process and for this one, we wont be using the Feedback process, but well be treating this as a Bug so it gets the proper attention.

I am now escalating this to our relevant department for further investigation. We do not have any visibility as to their progress with the review but once we get news from them about your case, you will be the first to know via this ticket. Meantime, we ask for your utmost patience while we handle this on our end.

If you have other concerns as well, do let us know and we will do our best to assist you.

Thanks,

Jim B.
2K Support

Jim B.
2 days ago
Hey Mart,

Jim here and thank you for reaching out to us at 2K Support!

I have received word of an escalation I made for your case. Acoording to them, we've been able to collect enough info through you about this issue to notify the development team, and they're currently looking into it.

We don't have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and won't have a timeline for a fix if it's to be implemented. As always you can follow us on Twitter @PGA TOUR 2K, as this is where the latest information on upcoming updates and fixes will be announced.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thank you,

Jim B.
2K Support

Add to conversation
TICKET DETAILS
Requester Martbloke Created Saturday at 01:28 Last activity Monday at 23:37
Id #9712655

One can only hope! But I had this response before when I initially raised it near launch and nothing. Just had the results of my 2nd event of the season just randomise now. Webb won it last night with -12 followed by Cantlay on -11. This morning Bryson has won it with -11 followed by yep...you guessed it...JT on -10. Painful, just painful!!

space-cash