Nintendo switch

• 2 Replies

WigerToods

« on: September 30, 2020, 10:56:24 AM »
Folks I have to say, recently got this game for the switch and I’m really, really disappointed. So far I’ve had the following errors:
- frequently (and I mean VERY frequently) booted out of game altogether / “experienced an error” / software needing to close
- constantly keeps asking me to agree to account confidentiality agreement linked to nintendo account. Sometimes twice or more in one single round!!!
- unbelievably slow. Takes ages and ages just to load start menu and then competitions are even worse
- has a weird dark patch/night time experience for one hole yesterday which was a brand new glitch - went away after one hole, but still mega annoying
- Chipping / bunker play spin is very hit and miss doesn’t seem to link to your lie or the surface you’re hitting from either

Game play generally is really good - If you can actually be bothered to endure the slow pain and glitches, albeit can’t get any crowd to appear in any game whatsoever (don’t know if this is covid related).

Disappointed that ball/club length distances don’t seem to have any bearing on how far the pros on the PGA tour typically hit the sticks in their own bag. Bryson the obvious case in point here... I struggle to get the ball mich over 390yds when the pros regularly hit it nearer 400...

Similarly no ability to customise your own bag beyond the pre-prescribed clubs AB have decided a full bag must comprise of is also a big shame. So many utility clubs and hybrids available like 2 irons - but not even an in game option...

No ability to pick balls is also really disappointing - they make a huge difference to real life game play and don’t even feature in this game whatsoever. Several big club brands obviously missing as sponsors eg titleist or clothing brands like galVin green.

It’s a real shame. Was expecting big things given the hype and the exposure you’ve had. But in essence the older EA sports tiger games are way better, even if the graphics may well have moved on.

I don’t know if you’re planning patches to sort this stuff out, but it urgently needs fixing or I’ll Frankly ditch it and get something else.

Real, real shame. Been waiting for a good golf game for ages. To my mind, There simply Isn’t one. Too much emphasis on graphics and not enough on game Play for my Liking.

WigerToods

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 10:58:44 AM »
Obviously meant to say 300yds not 390

fcp105

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 10:11:46 PM »
Let’s set the bugs aside for a moment, and talk about this release for Nintendo Switch:

No Motion Control capability???!!!
On Nintendo Switch???!!

How’s that even allowed?  Why didn’t Nintendo themselves stop this madness?

Seriously, this is the most basic! Switch was designed for motion controls. Let us swing a golf club.

space-cash