Differences in controllers/ systems

• 10 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: January 20, 2021, 07:56:55 AM »
Hey everyone,  after jumping from my high end pc to the ps4 to connect with some friends in an online society ive really noticed a few things.
    First off , I use an xbox one controller on the pc and of course the standard ps4 (ds4 they call it) on the ps4.  What a difference.  Now I'm playing pro diff. On ps4 vs master on the pc.  I can really tell how much harder it is to hit a straight shot with that xbox one controller vs the ease of staying straight on the ps4.  After using both controllers for a good while my results are that the xbox controller is so much more sensitive that I have to believe that this is the superior controller.  There's got to be so many more sensitivity factors built into this controller that youud see it in every game.  This proves to me the theory that ps4 players have an edge in multi console tournaments,  Ie. Tgctours. 
  Secondly,  I'm guessing from what I'm reading that the ps5/xbox series x do not have the ability to play at 60fps.  Let me add to that,  on pc,  I have about 20 different graphics resolutions to choose from.  1080p default all the way up to full 4k.  I'm betting the new consoles dont have this resolution option and probably many more of the graphical upgrade options offered by their pc counterpart.   This leads me to believe that the game on the ps5/xboxone x is not really an upgrade.  Rather just a port from last gen consoles.  I've also heard thru the grapevine of some ps5 owners telling my friends on ps4 that there isnt much of a graphical upgrade on the new hi powered consoles.  Well, that would make sense if HB didnt address their power in similarity to the gaming pc.  That would def. Be a disappointment and maybe the easy way out for HB to bring the game to next gen consoles.
    I do want to finish by saying In spite of the career mode leaderboard gaffe ( word taken from JohnEric dictionary)  I do get a lot of enjoyment from this game no matter which platform I'm on and, the courses are really nice and well thought out by many designers including the official ones.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:36:16 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Rich34

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 09:14:54 AM »
If one is on the PC platform a good question would be difference between controller and mouse.

I post this because I would like to know why you switched from mouse to controller.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 09:44:46 AM »
If one is on the PC platform a good question would be difference between controller and mouse.

I post this because I would like to know why you switched from mouse to controller.

I personally switched because I've found that the selectable difficulty settings in pga2k21 are so good that I've been able to find  a setting that offers me a good feeling golf challenge using a controller.  This was not the case in tgc'19, thus I praised mouse control in that prior game because it did just that/ provided a challenging/interesting round of golf.
   I still stand by my thought that the mouse swing is more realistic because there is no pull to center for a mouse the way a spring loaded controller always want to return to center position.   Therefore the mouse simulates the swing nuances from the start of the swing to finish. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 09:46:21 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Martbloke

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 01:34:32 PM »
Yeah I think someone has said that the PS5 controller is now more sensitive than the PS4 controller was so is now maybe on par with Xbox sensitivity wise but of course we already knew there is disparity between the 2 consoles which is why a lot of people give up on TGC Tours when playing on Xbox. I have given up on the TST tour over there as there's just no way to play competitively and fairly vs the PS4 peeps because of this. I find my competition is purely against the cut line. That plus the silly FAST exploit everyone is using!

Anyhow, I just stick to playing against those on my own console these days - much better competition.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 02:35:13 PM »
Anyhow, I just stick to playing against those on my own console these days - much better competition.

I agree completely!

Just enjoy the game for what it is...a game.  All of this "global competition" across platforms, just leads to frustration and endless complaints of what is equal, what is fair, etc..etc.  I guess if you have unlimited free time and enjoy arguing then perhaps my point is unfounded.

I just don't have the time to worry about what other people are doing, or not doing.  I just try to enjoy the game for what it is.  When it stops doing that, I will put down the controller, and move to something else.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »
Well, I had some downtime so I posted my thoughts/discoveries on it.   Not really concerned about the controller differences or new console graphics shortcomings to any extent.
  Does make it hard on tgctours I guess, just talking while my time isnt otherwise occupied.
  As a golf gamer I will always be disappointed in the randomizing tournament results in career mode.  If that were happening in madden or mlb the show I'd be disappointed with that as well as I'm a sports gamer by trade.😁👍🍺
   Outside of leaderboard randomizing, this is a fantastically  fun golf game. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 12:52:18 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 04:21:11 PM »
Spend some of that downtime practicing up on the PS4.  You've got some ground to make up in the Society points/season overall champion in your Society, unless you want Tiger Johnny to run away with it.

hammers1man

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 07:15:42 AM »
Hey everyone,  after jumping from my high end pc to the ps4 to connect with some friends in an online society ive really noticed a few things.
    First off , I use an xbox one controller on the pc and of course the standard ps4 (ds4 they call it) on the ps4.  What a difference.  Now I'm playing pro diff. On ps4 vs master on the pc.  I can really tell how much harder it is to hit a straight shot with that xbox one controller vs the ease of staying straight on the ps4.  After using both controllers for a good while my results are that the xbox controller is so much more sensitive that I have to believe that this is the superior controller.  There's got to be so many more sensitivity factors built into this controller that youud see it in every game.  This proves to me the theory that ps4 players have an edge in multi console tournaments,  Ie. Tgctours. 
  Secondly,  I'm guessing from what I'm reading that the ps5/xbox series x do not have the ability to play at 60fps.  Let me add to that,  on pc,  I have about 20 different graphics resolutions to choose from.  1080p default all the way up to full 4k.  I'm betting the new consoles dont have this resolution option and probably many more of the graphical upgrade options offered by their pc counterpart.   This leads me to believe that the game on the ps5/xboxone x is not really an upgrade.  Rather just a port from last gen consoles.  I've also heard thru the grapevine of some ps5 owners telling my friends on ps4 that there isnt much of a graphical upgrade on the new hi powered consoles.  Well, that would make sense if HB didnt address their power in similarity to the gaming pc.  That would def. Be a disappointment and maybe the easy way out for HB to bring the game to next gen consoles.
    I do want to finish by saying In spite of the career mode leaderboard gaffe ( word taken from JohnEric dictionary)  I do get a lot of enjoyment from this game no matter which platform I'm on and, the courses are really nice and well thought out by many designers including the official ones.

Maybe your Xbox One controller's stick loosened up like my old one did which made TGC2 extremely difficult to get even close to a straight line. I find my current Xbox One controller which I have had now for 3 years much easier to hit straight than the DS4 on PS4 Pro or on PC with the Sony bluetooth adapter.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 07:20:49 AM by hammers1man »

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 04:00:31 PM »
Yeah I think someone has said that the PS5 controller is now more sensitive than the PS4 controller was so is now maybe on par with Xbox sensitivity wise but of course we already knew there is disparity between the 2 consoles which is why a lot of people give up on TGC Tours when playing on Xbox. I have given up on the TST tour over there as there's just no way to play competitively and fairly vs the PS4 peeps because of this. I find my competition is purely against the cut line. That plus the silly FAST exploit everyone is using!

I can  tell you all as a ps5 owner whom has logged many owners on pga2k21 that the ps5 controller DS5,  is definitely more sensitive and less forgiving than the ps4 controller and that is fine by me...     I have two brand new ps5 controllers and they offer the exact same challenge honestly.   I've recently started playing master clubs and I'm spraying the ball off the fairway about half the time and I love it..     What I find interesting is there are times within a round I find my groove and that feels great!
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Martbloke

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 11:24:27 AM »

I can  tell you all as a ps5 owner whom has logged many owners on pga2k21 that the ps5 controller DS5,  is definitely more sensitive and less forgiving than the ps4 controller and that is fine by me...     I have two brand new ps5 controllers and they offer the exact same challenge honestly.   I've recently started playing master clubs and I'm spraying the ball off the fairway about half the time and I love it..     What I find interesting is there are times within a round I find my groove and that feels great!

Haha thanks for confirming. Welcome to the Xbox way of playing! 😁😜

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 11:45:11 AM »

Haha thanks for confirming. Welcome to the Xbox way of playing!
No doubt.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

space-cash