The Belfry - The Brabazon

• 45 Replies

Han

• GroupMember
« on: February 01, 2021, 10:10:21 PM »
I decided to start a new thread for The Belfry rather than keep hijacking the Valderrama one  ;D

It's not ready yet I'm afraid  :P,  I just thought I would share some pics with you of some of the changes that are being made for 2K21. Most of the changes are to the trees and bushes etc so they more accurately match the ones on the real course, whilst others are improvements and adjustments to existing things that I couldn't do when I originally built the course originally because of the limitations of the designer back then. Some of them are fairly noticeable, like the 10th green for example (see pics below), but others are more subtle that to be honest most people may never even notice the change....but you know what I'm like with that kind of stuff lol  ;D :P

Anyway here's some initial before and after pics of certain areas that I have done some work on, but please bear in mind it's all still very much a WIP so what you see isn't necessarily completely finished yet. Also don't expect anything too dramatic in terms of changes....... in fact, maybe I should turn this into a "spot the difference" contest as I post more  ;D

Jagged edge on 10th green fixed

Approach on 4th Hole

Approach on 6th Hole

TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 04:10:59 PM »
Top 5 course in 2019. Really hope you port it soon man.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »
Top 5 course in 2019. Really hope you port it soon man.

When I originally built the course, because of the old plant meter maximum size I could only add some of the closest adjacent holes from the other 2 courses that would be in view while playing. The problem with that is the rest of the plot just looked bare and empty which I never liked, however now I have more object meter / memory to play with I was planning to add as many of the other holes as I could fit in so that the overall environment will look and hopefully feel much better. I haven't decided yet whether I will do that as it will require a lot of boring measuring and marking from GEP etc as I wont be able to just trace and import OSM onto the existing plot. I'll finish doing all the other updates to the trees, buildings etc etc first and then see how I feel and if I can be bothered  :P   
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Stan Solo

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
I'll finish doing all the other updates to the trees, buildings etc etc first and then see how I feel and if I can be bothered  :P

Updating the trees and buildings is more than enough for us . Not many of us will care about seeing the adjacent holes .

You are doing a fantastic job with a fantastic course and we are just grateful for that .

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
I'll finish doing all the other updates to the trees, buildings etc etc first and then see how I feel and if I can be bothered  :P

Updating the trees and buildings is more than enough for us . Not many of us will care about seeing the adjacent holes .

You are doing a fantastic job with a fantastic course and we are just grateful for that .

Thanks for your compliment  :)

Yeah I completely agree that most likely 99% of people probably couldn't care less about the outer environment which is fair enough. If I did decide to add all the other stuff, in a way it would really be more for my own satisfaction than anything, mainly for 2 reasons :

1. I always wanted to put all 3 courses on the plot when I originally built this one (which is why it is tucked into a corner) but ultimately the limitations of the designer back then wouldn't let me - so adding them in now would fulfil the original vision sort of.
2. My own damn "OCD" when it comes to RCR's  :P - If I know something can be done better to make it more accurate I just can't seem to help myself  :-[

Anyway we shall see what happens, I'm already lacking any kind of enthusiasm for the designer right now anyway to be honest so there's a good chance I won't bother.
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 05:50:08 AM »
I am assuming this version is not yours's Han,Spotted it yesterday on xbox on the 1st page of rated, Plays good seems different to your old version in parts.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 07:04:22 AM »
I am assuming this version is not yours's Han,Spotted it yesterday on xbox on the 1st page of rated, Plays good seems different to your old version in parts.

It’s definitely not Han’s I have a copy of it on my hard drive for evaluation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 07:23:16 AM »
I thought it was Han's version till i got to the 17th seemed way different, Got to be honest thought it was a good attempt and very playable wasn't keen on the white stands on it...

leslie.sangster

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 07:28:21 AM »
I thought it was Han's version till i got to the 17th seemed way different, Got to be honest thought it was a good attempt and very playable wasn't keen on the white stands on it...
I think it’s a Lidar but can’t be sure I need to play it again and see what the loading time is like.

Stan Solo

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 12:45:09 PM »
That Belfry is done by another designer ....

There is playthrough of this on Early1981's youtube channel . I commented that it is was good effort and mentioned Han's Belfry as well.
The designer responded and told us that Hans version was the inspiration behind him to design the course .

leslie.sangster

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 01:15:29 PM »

There is playthrough of this on Early1981's youtube channel . I commented that it is was good effort and mentioned Han's Belfry as well.
The designer responded and told us that Hans version was the inspiration behind him to design the course .
The clubhouse area looks great but i don’t know how accurate it is

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 03:42:02 PM »

Just to confirm what others have already said, that version is not mine.

I've had a few days away from the designer as I had been lacking any kind of enthusiasm for doing anything in it at all. I'm now gonna try and get my version finished and published asap and unless I have a sudden change of heart it's not going to be including all the holes from the other courses except what was already on it as to be perfectly honest I can't be bothered with all the extra work  :P

TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 03:43:43 PM »

I've not seen it yet but I'm interested to watch the video (and play the course as well) to see what difference(s) there are.
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 03:54:25 PM »
I think it’s a Lidar but can’t be sure I need to play it again and see what the loading time is like.

It's not lidar - there isn't any data available for the whole Belfry resort area and believe me I've looked lol (unless there is some secret lidar website that I'm not aware of). Plus as far as I can tell the designer is on PS4 anyway
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 10:42:08 PM »
I watched Early1981's video and I have also played the course as well.

Before I get into anything else I just want to say the following :

The designer of the "Ryder Cup @ The Belfry" has done a fairly good job of trying to recreate the course. According to his comments on the YouTube Video he has not much experience in the designer at all (which does show in places), so if you take that into account his version is pretty damn good.

In terms of the overall layout and general "feel" of the course then he absolutely nailed it......If I was dropped into a match without knowing beforehand what course I was playing then I'm pretty sure I would know what course it was meant to be as I was stood on the first tee, so for that alone I take my hat off to him.

If he reads this then I would say to him "If this was your first course then please, please keep on designing, as your skills and experience within the designer will only improve the more you do, and your courses will only get better and better"

I was going to post some negatives about his version of the course but in hindsight and respect to him I will keep them for a PM if he requests them 

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:46:47 PM by Han »
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort