Bay Hill/ Official "Default" Settings?

• 6 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: March 18, 2021, 05:53:27 AM »
Man, what a beautiful/ tough course Bay Hill is.  After all of that work why would you,
1)  set the greenspeeds to mud slow?  These are supposed to be real life recreations.  Dont you want the greens to play as similar to how they are in real life as possible?  It's a shame that we can only fix this by setting them to fast(163) or very fast(187).  They're probably somewhere in between.  And, all of the official course greenspeeds are like this.

2)  what's with official courses defaulting to noon (washed out) lighting?  There are so many great lighting options in this game.  Wouldnt you want to showcase a course like this in crisp morning lighting by default?

Good thing I dont work there, I'd be gulping coffee and arguing these points as hard as I lobbied for increased difficulty options over the first 3 game releases.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 07:12:56 AM »
It must be for the multiplayer matchmaking. I don't play it only private matches so I always up the greens to 163 or 187 and change the lighting.  Never understood why we can't have a slider for the green speeds like the designer has. 163 to 187 is a big jump and unless the course has greens speeds in the 170s  there nothing you can do.

The overhead maps are a mess on certain holes for official courses as well. Never see that issue with user created courses. 

They are well done though. East Lake and Copperhead are beasts with no assists.  Although East Lake Pin 1 hole 1 needs to be moved. It's unplayable with fast greens.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 07:34:40 AM »
It must be for the multiplayer matchmaking. I don't play it only private matches so I always up the greens to 163 or 187 and change the lighting.  Never understood why we can't have a slider for the green speeds like the designer has. 163 to 187 is a big jump and unless the course has greens speeds in the 170s  there nothing you can do.

The overhead maps are a mess on certain holes for official courses as well. Never see that issue with user created courses. 

They are well done though. East Lake and Copperhead are beasts with no assists.  Although East Lake Pin 1 hole 1 needs to be moved. It's unplayable with fast greens.

Thanks for the Eastlake heads up.  We have a society major there so I wont chance playing pin 1. 
   I think mudding the real life course greenspeeds for any gravy default mode is wrong.  What do you think, new executive tiger?  Should all of the pga course greenspeeds be dumbed down or accurate by default?  If I were licensing a course like I saw at sawgrass this weekend, green accuracy would be in the contract/deal or there would be no deal.
  Let's patch them to their correct relative speed and firmness!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 07:40:37 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Oswinner

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »
Courses should have pinsets that can handle very fast but then set the default as moderate speeds for casual play. Pinset 1 hole 1 for east lake is just silly.
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 12:55:30 PM »
Pin sets should be where they are in real life as well.  In my opinion.  I strongly believe that the greenspeeds should be an accurate reflection of its real life counterpart by default.   
  This falls into the category of "gimmicky modes are ok as long as the core gameplay stays in tact".  We all basically agree with this statement BUT, by dumbing down the greenspeeds "on the default" setting for online easier type matches (with assists)  you are doing just that.   The reason being that YES we can adjust the greenspeed to fast(163) or very fast (187) but neither of these two adjustments will place the pga course recreation at the proper speed to reflect the reality of how the green actually plays at sawgrass, at eastlake, at bay hill and, on and on.
   Where's my coffee?  Pay me on my off time, I'll pace the hallways.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 01:05:38 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

AndersNM

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 01:17:39 PM »
Courses should have pinsets that can handle very fast but then set the default as moderate speeds for casual play. Pinset 1 hole 1 for east lake is just silly.

Official real courses (it is best to forget fantasy courses, but there are some pictures of horrible greens and hole locations on those) hosts PGA Tour events - and every hole location used on the PGA Tour events are available - and those should be used. The hole location on hole 1 on East Lake is used on the Tour championship - so nothing wrong with that hole location.

We don't know exactly stimp on the greens on events, but very fast 187 are very rare (typical US Open plank greens - and you see that the greens can be quite unfair on US Open conditions) - as we probably can estimate that to be ca 15-16 stimp. I would hope that HB/2K convert to stimp for green speed in the game as that is how we are used to in real life golf. Usual PGA Tour green speed is ca. 12, and that for me is ca. fast 163 in the game.

Oswinner

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 04:34:52 AM »
Yeah, I play as if;

Very fast = 12.5+
Fast = 11.5
Medium = 10.5
Slow = 9.5
Very Slow = 8.5

Doubt that’s what they are in-game but it’s what I base my tournament rounds on. I have Open championship greens around medium speed, whilst US open around very fast and most regular PGA tournament rounds around fast.
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

space-cash