The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay

• 3 Replies

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« on: July 19, 2021, 08:03:50 AM »

The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay, has been totally renovated to host the Casuals Golf Club for their upcoming Major event.

What, another Peeblestone Bay update ... this time to put more teeth into a constant search for Nirvana on this patch of land that runs along the Scenic California Coastline.

Why?  Because it was needed ... OCD, I am never 100% satisfied with any course I've done.

What changed?

1st, all 120 bunkers on the course ... all have been reworked & sculpted.  which include several newly added bunkers on holes 1 and 15.  These do not include all the beachfront and other waste/dune areas full of sand, which also have been reworked and sculpted. 

2nd,  all 18 greens have been reworked and Sculpted.  The pin positions have all been changed, moved, or altered, and the firmness and green speeds increased from 8.1 to 8.3 {183 rollout}.

3rd, The Crowd .... totally removed and replaced crowd to give the "More for Less" look, to save on filesize and other objects, memory, or framerate possible issues.

4th, Textures, weather, and lighting ... several attempts were made and tested to arrive at the best compromise for the "overall" climate-changing atmospheric emersion throughout the round.

5th, the overall course length has increased to 6906 yards.  Major rework and sculpting on the 5th hole, and 18th holes.  other holes have also benefited from some terrain adjustments, or enhancements adding to the overall visual ambiance of the holes, or course playability.   

6th, the OTB [out-of-bounds] has been altered or removed in areas along the course.  Especially around the coastline.  they have been playtested and proved that you can get back up to the fairway or greens from just about every location on the beach (and the ravine on hole 5) ... providing tempo issues and shot type doesn't mess you up ... there is always the option to take the "Unplayable" lie.

special thanks to my long-time friends and golf buddies who have endured lots of on, and offline, testing over these last couple of weeks ... in helping to point out lots of the things that got overlooked while playing as the sole tester.

Surprised they haven't hired a hit squad to put me out to pasture, or the men with the white coats, to take me away.

Enjoy your rounds ...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 06:20:14 PM by DDawg »
My most recent course:

Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

DDawg

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 06:38:20 PM »

My most recent course:

Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

DDawg

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 08:35:56 PM »
The year, 1963 ...
The Place, The Links at Peeblestone Bay ...
The Match, two of the greatest in the History of Golf ...

Jack Nickalaus vs. Sam Snead

Enjoy old-school Pebble Beach!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMnrQYyxOho
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 03:14:48 PM by DDawg »
My most recent course:

Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

Onside