Course 'play count' question

• 8 Replies

lastchancehombre

« on: November 01, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »
Are we still only seeing play count numbers by platform with 2K21 or has this reverted back to the the way it was with previous iterations of the game. It'd be nice to know.

And please bring back 'view other courses by designer'. A sorely missed feature that was really helpful in promoting more plays all around.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 02:08:31 PM by lastchancehombre »
Courses published,

Mad River Golf Complex  (2022 Tilted Kilt Invitational)
Woodley Island Golf Club (2019 TGCT Promo Event)
Nai Palm Hot Springs       (2018 Western Pacific Championship)
Vaquero Valley GC Tour   (2018 Barbasol Championship)
Stone Lagoon Dunes (Tour Worthy)
Beau Pre Estates

lastchancehombre

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 02:11:54 PM »
So I take it that this was a stupid question? Two & a half weeks & not even a courtesy response, seriously!
Courses published,

Beau Pre Estates

Wes _Coast_1

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 07:24:23 PM »
It certainly hasn't reverted back to previous releases, because I used to get plays and ratings. With this release I will get a few plays, usually on day of release. You may recall some months back we received course plays from who knows where. One of my courses received 274 plays. Before that it had 2 plays not counting my plays, and zero plays since except for my plays. Frustration doesn't even scratch the surface. But I have long since given up.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 06:26:49 AM »
So I take it that this was a stupid question? Two & a half weeks & not even a courtesy response, seriously!

If you would have posted this in the 2k21 thread i would have spotted it, for some reason i don't see some posts further down the forum, I think since it was a (free) game on ps4 a lot of issue's with the servers from scores appearing to courses showing up,i think at times just takes time to update, as above its all systems and now as well if your course does get HCP,HB/2k have capped the HCP at 55 rating so they don't effect the HCP so much.

Still never had an answer of anybody why they removed the courses by designer feature only thing i can think of must be something to do with copyright issue's but i have never really ever understood copyright issue's.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 10:08:37 AM by Yeltzman »

lastchancehombre

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
It certainly hasn't reverted back to previous releases, because I used to get plays and ratings. With this release I will get a few plays, usually on day of release. You may recall some months back we received course plays from who knows where. One of my courses received 274 plays. Before that it had 2 plays not counting my plays, and zero plays since except for my plays. Frustration doesn't even scratch the surface. But I have long since given up.

As Yeltz mentioned, I think we're all aware that there are delays with servers updating in game information, play counts in this instance, particularly in the case of the PS platform. Xbox on the other hand seems to update play counts pretty regularly.

The main source of frustration shared by a number of people is simply the lack of developer communication these days but it is what it is.

I think since it was a (free) game on ps4 a lot of issue's with the servers from scores appearing to courses showing up,i think at times just takes time to update, as above its all systems and now as well if your course does get HCP,HB/2k have capped the HCP at 55 rating so they don't effect the HCP so much.

Still never had an answer of anybody why they removed the courses by designer feature only thing i can think of must be something to do with copyright issue's but i have never really ever understood copyright issue's.

Yesterday I believe I got my question answered over at tgctours when someone on PC kindly gave me the play count for one of my courses which matched up with the total I see on Xbox. If someone with a PS could give me the play count, in this case for Woodley Island, it would probably solidify that 'play counts' are collective across all platforms.

The only reason I'd even bothered asking is as I'd mentioned there was speculation by some designers back at release of the game that 'play counts' had been segregated by platform.

The 'courses by designer feature' being removed I'm only theorizing but like to think that it may have something to do with initiating cross platform play for future iterations. Just wishful thinking I suppose.

Btw, didn't post this in the 2K21 thread only because I didn't want to throw something so trivial up there, lol!

Thanks for the response guys!  8)
Courses published,

Beau Pre Estates

Yeltzman

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 02:03:14 PM »
If someone with a PS could give me the play count, in this case for Woodley Island

if this is not answered later ill take a look for you.

lastchancehombre

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 02:35:08 PM »
If someone with a PS could give me the play count, in this case for Woodley Island

if this is not answered later ill take a look for you.

Thanks Mr Y!
Courses published,

Beau Pre Estates

Yeltzman

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 03:00:59 PM »
Woodley island golf club only one showing on search is 2544 plays on ps4.

easiest  rated hole the par 5 11th hole

hardest rated hole par 4 4th hole.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 03:03:38 PM by Yeltzman »

lastchancehombre

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »
Woodley island golf club only one showing on search is 2544 plays on ps4.

easiest  rated hole the par 5 11th hole

hardest rated hole par 4 4th hole.

Thanks much Yeltzman. Same count on Xbox & close enough on PC to answer the question! Appreciate ya taking the time man!  8)
Courses published,

Beau Pre Estates

space-cash