Can feel the excitement in the air

• 127 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2022, 11:16:10 AM »
That is so true, Bit of a shame as well the moderator  does not know the game well doesn't help, Not posted there for a while

Yeah, I forgot about the moderator knowing nothing about the game.  That also makes the forum's value less.  Thanks for bringing that up!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2022, 02:34:30 PM »
I am not sure who set the rules there 2k or the Moderator but i told him the Golf community is a passionate community and most just want the game to become better but to no success with the posts i thought i was going barmy with my posts changing or being deleted but it seems it happens to everyone.

hammers1man

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2022, 06:33:33 AM »
With the activity on this and 2K forum it is hard to believe near 2M sales.

Also I feel they have never fully explained how they determine the perfect tempo. If one is an avid follower of the PGA Tour it is the speed of the forward swing determines clubhead speed. Players can have different backswing lengths and tempo and have comparable clubhead speed numbers. Time for a new head game designer.
Irl clubhead (downswing) speed is different for every club in your bag and tempo is a ratio of backswing to downswing timings, tempo in this game is not the same as real golf .It has been explained in loading screens that downswing stick speed is actually timing as apposed to real time downswing speed and I am sure the tutorial explains this also. Fast is a closed clubface and slow an open clubface and perfect is square to your target. In a way it kind of mirrors the 3 click method of backswing distance for downswing speed where you press (3 click) for timing but we also have stick direction for swing path. I find it an improvement on 3 click and I never like using the controller for the Tiger games on Playstation, I used the PS Move controller,. Nothing wrong with the method as how can you actually represent a realistic golf swing by using a controller?. Timing takes more skill than pulling back a stick and smashing it forward as hard as you can, also it is actually easier to hit a straight line the harder you smash the stick forward.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 06:52:38 AM by hammers1man »

hammers1man

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 07:00:53 AM »
With the activity on this and 2K forum it is hard to believe near 2M sales.

Also I feel they have never fully explained how they determine the perfect tempo. If one is an avid follower of the PGA Tour it is the speed of the forward swing determines clubhead speed. Players can have different backswing lengths and tempo and have comparable clubhead speed numbers. Time for a new head game designer.

Yeah I mean you have polar opposites with Rahm's swing Vs Morikawa's or Im's.

I'd like them to have some sort of default swing set by the user. Maybe like Dustin's is a default fade for instance. Not sure how that would work but would be something.
You can actually produce your own default fade by hitting a slightly out to in swingpath and a slow grey, if you repeat that you can build a fade to your swing without the shot shaper. I think the easier swing difficulties mave this more manageable, though I was getting the hang of a draw with my driver on Master swing difficulty, slight in to out swingpath and a grey fast.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2022, 04:30:31 PM »
Tiger 14 had presets for fade/draw power/control golfers. It also had high or low trajectory preset I believe. I think I used to use the power high fade swing. I recall taking a lot of chances and not scoring to well and my buddy who used control used to beat me a lot.

It will all come down to if Tiger has put any input into the swing and or if they listened. Never liked tempo being the main focus of the swing. I am not a pro but have played for a longtime and could break 80 when I  played a lot and never once thought about my tempo. That was muscle memory. All I cared about was my swing speed/ clearing my hip and grip pressure for the most part.  When I was playing well all I really cared about  was my short game since that is where most of my strokes would get lost. Years ago I had 12 birdie putts in a row and missed 11 of them. I could not get the ball to the hole. It was because I knew if I made them I was going to break par on 18 which I could never do. I have done it on 9 but never 18. The pressure always would get to me.

Regardless of what or when it comes out I hope it is in solid state and riddled with bugs like some of these games that have come out lately. Because of BF 2042 I you would have to pay me to buy another EA game and MLB 22 certainly has some major issues at release.

One thing I hope is they do not MESS with the PUTTING. That is one thing HB has done better than any other golf game to this date.  has some issues with the ball flying off the face a little on breaks but beyond that it is very well done.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 04:35:40 PM by FRSTDWN »
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2022, 06:09:59 AM »
I don't know what you guys are talking about in regards to removing the tempo.  They gave you that option in the settings.   I play and have played the game daily since it came out in online societies and I've never experienced any tempo related issues.   Tempo is a good challenge and a great part of what makes the gameplay in this game better than any golf game that has come before.    Yes the putting is fun.  Tweeks to it are fine with me as long as the distance limiting stuff doesn't become the only option .  I love golf games so let's not dumb this game down.  The bunker play was already simplified to the point where im almost rooting to be in a bunker
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

hammers1man

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2022, 03:42:50 PM »
I don't know what you guys are talking about in regards to removing the tempo.  They gave you that option in the settings.   I play and have played the game daily since it came out in online societies and I've never experienced any tempo related issues.   Tempo is a good challenge and a great part of what makes the gameplay in this game better than any golf game that has come before.    Yes the putting is fun.  Tweeks to it are fine with me as long as the distance limiting stuff doesn't become the only option .  I love golf games so let's not dumb this game down.  The bunker play was already simplified to the point where im almost rooting to be in a bunker
It's not just bunker play, the reason it is dumbed down is because of splash shot. It is too forgiving from every lie and so easy to hit required distance. For a pro a bunker shot is much easier than heavy rough if not buried, so hitting a greenside bunker is favourable to heavy greenside rough.Totally agree with you about tempo, it gives the game a challenge and more skill involved with it than just pulling a stick back and forward straight. The long game plays really well now on master difficulty.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 03:45:21 PM by hammers1man »

Rich34

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2022, 10:52:21 AM »
[/quote
Did you ever play a game with a real time mouse swing and no shop shaper and any shot including a putt goes as far as the power of the forward swing? You might have a different opinion.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2022, 10:24:44 PM »
It's not just bunker play, the reason it is dumbed down is because of splash shot. It is too forgiving from every lie and so easy to hit required distance. For a pro a bunker shot is much easier than heavy rough if not buried, so hitting a greenside bunker is favourable to heavy greenside rough.Totally agree with you about tempo, it gives the game a challenge and more skill involved with it than just pulling a stick back and forward straight. The long game plays really well now on master difficulty.

agreed, no argument from me on your points here hammer and, i think removing the tempo would really be a big mistake.  we'd be going backwards in all the progression this game has made since the original (no tempo ) tgc.   anyone remember how simple that was?  not sure i love how the backswing tempo was removed either.  after two years it seems that they didnt want it to have that big of an effect so they removed half of the tempo swing challenge.   dont get me wrong, i love all of the difficulty levels pga2k21 has but, without master and, legend removing the backswing tempo would have been a very questionable move for those of us that like a little challenge/ realistic shot results.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2022, 10:27:11 PM »
[/quote
Did you ever play a game with a real time mouse swing and no shop shaper and any shot including a putt goes as far as the power of the forward swing? You might have a different opinion.

yes Rich,  i have played with the mouse swing.  in fact ,  2 summers ago i bought a $1400 computer rtx 2070 just so i could play tgc '19 with a mouse for a little bit of challenge.   it was the perfect challenge and, very fun that way.  of course now with pga2k21 using a mouse is unnecessary for challenge but, its still a very enjoyable way to play.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

FRSTDWN

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2022, 03:30:25 PM »
Crickets...............................................

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Yeltzman

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2022, 11:58:13 AM »
It might be because i don't Own a next gen console yet and really no plans at the moment to get one, I am not getting the Xbox without a disc player. No feeling at all for a new game to me its the 3rd game in a row now which showed great potential but really in the end could have been so much better with a few tweaks and better support and features which were in previous games taken out.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 06:03:13 AM by Yeltzman »

bigned56

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2022, 06:24:48 PM »
agree man

Martbloke

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2022, 09:01:54 AM »
Crickets...............................................

Yet they keep trying to push this current game all over social media, but not deploy any fixes for it. Somewhat frustrating.

Yeltzman

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2022, 10:35:30 AM »
Went into my local Argos today looked for ps5,xbox series x,xbox series s No Stock at all or for order online.

space-cash