PGA Tour 2k23

• 1033 Replies

Oswinner

« Reply #405 on: October 06, 2022, 06:15:56 PM »
Plan is I will stream it at midnight on hardest settings with Tiger probably at east Lake which is a beast. I'll max out course settings as well. Should be interesting. When 2k21 came out I shot like 15-20 over or something on legend no assists . We will see soon enough.

https://www.twitch.tv/dontred0nme

East Lake is a beast. I love it. Just wish a few pins were more suited to Fast greens.

Played it in firm and fast conditions with Master swing no assists the other night and shot 78/72/71/73 (+14) and thought I played well lol.  In comparison I played Firethorn in 73/70/75/74 (+4).
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

GoCubs2016

« Reply #406 on: October 06, 2022, 06:20:37 PM »
For sure, and also ANGC will likely only work with one company and be "exclusive", like they are with EA now.

But 2K is bringing Pebble Beach on later as DLC, so they are willing to team up with the big boys now. I am wishing they they'd opt for courses like Muirfield Village and the like; ones that host PGA Tour events every year. I honestly just want as many real courses and real events on the career mode schedule as possible.

That way, the career mode could have more real venues, and the NextMaker designers could be left to create courses using their creativity, instead of being directed to make a course that looks like one that already exists.

Yeah, exclusive is fitting for ANGC - I doubt they want anything else.

It's too bad they don't bring all Pebble courses. Both Torrey Pines courses are great for the Farmers Insurance. So all in all good progress on the PGA schedule and I do hope that even more will come later also for this game. I fear they only have a 6 event schedule for the Korn Ferry again. It shouldn't be difficult at all to have season length customizable in both Korn Ferry and the PGA Tour. So for those wanting a full year schedule for both - that option should be there. I would also like more amateur golf in front of the Korn Ferry with different options to qualify for the Korn Ferry, not just Q-School. Though I understand that is not high on priority list.

I personally don't care for official fictional/fantasy courses. I don't play them, and for me they could just scrap them and let all those that like fictional/fantasy to use what they want instead of having some "official". And my bet is that you would see the vast majority not care about fictional/fantasy courses in the career mode. I guess they have got more than my complaint about it - as they now have added the swap courses option - but it will be very important to see what we can swap to in the near future.

Agree on most of this...and as far as the Korn Ferry Tour, it's just 6 events once again. ApexHound started a career mode, went thru the Q-School Final at TPC Boston, and made it to the KF Tour, where the schedule was listed here: https://youtu.be/chREnrCC5Ow?t=2132

Events are held at TPC Deere Run, Thieves Landing (fictional), TPC Sawgrass, Echo Park Golf Club (fictional), Tahitian Escape (fictional), and TPC Scottsdale.

I do believe that EA is including the US Amateur in their game, and I think they had amateur events as part of Tiger Woods 14, as well. Wish 2K could do that, too, but they wouldn't be able to get the USGA or R&A license, since those are exclusive to EA as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 06:25:09 PM by GoCubs2016 »

Martbloke

« Reply #407 on: October 06, 2022, 06:38:41 PM »
Plan is I will stream it at midnight on hardest settings with Tiger probably at east Lake which is a beast. I'll max out course settings as well. Should be interesting. When 2k21 came out I shot like 15-20 over or something on legend no assists . We will see soon enough.

Awesome. I'll defo watch that. That going to be the 11th or 14th?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #408 on: October 06, 2022, 06:49:24 PM »

Awesome. I'll defo watch that. That going to be the 11th or 14th?

11th .

Stream up on east lake I had some good moments but not many lol . Rusty though don't play much anymore. Anyway should be interesting for comparison. I did not use splash shot minus bunker.

Anyone that is thinking about no grids I certainly show it's not that hard. I played pretty quickly.

Cya on the 11th. Tiger!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 06:51:55 PM by FRSTDWN »
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #409 on: October 07, 2022, 05:40:53 AM »

Definitely will have a look at this stream….👍🏼

Icyken

« Reply #410 on: October 07, 2022, 11:43:36 AM »
Games out in a couple of days , and
we're all still waiting on all this stuff
  to watch and get excited about.
All I've seen so far is a handful of courses
being played by a few guys with handcuffs
on unable to show anything fearing they'll
be cut off themselves , so disappointed
                             ???

2k23 , Helensburgh Scotland, The Fruin, Prestwick,

Matt43

« Reply #411 on: October 07, 2022, 01:39:57 PM »
                             ???

Bit longer than a couple but agree we’ve not seen much. I’m still waiting for crazycanuck’s video showing designer although apparently there isn’t much different which if true is very disappointing.

Martbloke

« Reply #412 on: October 07, 2022, 02:42:16 PM »
                             ???

Bit longer than a couple but agree we’ve not seen much. I’m still waiting for crazycanuck’s video showing designer although apparently there isn’t much different which if true is very disappointing.

That seems to be the thing with this game. Not much AT ALL has changed except gameplay improvements, Top Golf, playable pros, small additional cut scenes in career, and this MyPlayer revamp where it appears most of the work has been put into. For 2 years of work, that is pretty shoddy to me and nothing more than maybe 2 DLCs max. To call it a brand new game expecting full AAA price is a bit of a pi$$ take.

I am intrigued by the gameplay improvements and MyPlayer changes, that's it. Shame they couldn't beef up the matchmaking with different skill modes, lobbies and maybe something different like matchplay bracket tournaments perhaps like what's in WGT, and also societies too. Career also could've had so much more for the time they've had.

I'd expect this from a 1 year installment but having 2 years, it's not good enough for the price.

Gasman

« Reply #413 on: October 07, 2022, 03:39:18 PM »
                             ???

That seems to be the thing with this game. Not much AT ALL has changed except gameplay improvements, Top Golf, playable pros, small additional cut scenes in career, and this MyPlayer revamp where it appears most of the work has been put into. For 2 years of work, that is pretty shoddy to me and nothing more than maybe 2 DLCs max. To call it a brand new game expecting full AAA price is a bit of a pi$$ take.

I am intrigued by the gameplay improvements and MyPlayer changes, that's it. Shame they couldn't beef up the matchmaking with different skill modes, lobbies and maybe something different like matchplay bracket tournaments perhaps like what's in WGT, and also societies too. Career also could've had so much more for the time they've had.

I'd expect this from a 1 year installment but having 2 years, it's not good enough for the price.

November 25th is a lock for a price drop on this game. At the moment I’m waiting till then but if Paul’s gameplay stream is looking good I may buckle & buy next week.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #414 on: October 07, 2022, 04:41:45 PM »
Hopefully I can shed some light on for the sim players. Should have my boy Kerry on so will do a private match .
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #415 on: October 07, 2022, 06:09:03 PM »
                             ???

November 25th is a lock for a price drop on this game. At the moment I’m waiting till then but if Paul’s gameplay stream is looking good I may buckle & buy next week.

Exactly where I'm at I think.

hammers1man

« Reply #416 on: October 07, 2022, 07:04:07 PM »
                             ???

Isn't that the trend with sports games, overpriced with very minor improvements at full AAA prices yearly. Tbh I have no interest in football games anymore. They seem to get progressively worse. FIFA and Pro Evo seem to ignore the fact that fouls and free kicks are part of football.  Having a match with zero fouls or maybe just the one free kick is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 07:08:14 PM by hammers1man »

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #417 on: October 07, 2022, 07:54:14 PM »
                             ???

I’m with you Icy….  Nothing much about the designer yet.  I know that you’re waiting for that as much as I am.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Martbloke

« Reply #418 on: October 08, 2022, 02:35:16 AM »
                             ???

Isn't that the trend with sports games, overpriced with very minor improvements at full AAA prices yearly. Tbh I have no interest in football games anymore. They seem to get progressively worse. FIFA and Pro Evo seem to ignore the fact that fouls and free kicks are part of football.  Having a match with zero fouls or maybe just the one free kick is ridiculous.

Yep but in this case, it's been 2 years. I expected more.

GoCubs2016

« Reply #419 on: October 08, 2022, 01:42:59 PM »
For those interested in the designer and in CrazyCanuck's deep dive, he said he will be streaming early Monday morning on YouTube, as he's got a copy of the game already and the 2K embargo on live streams lifts Monday morning.

He said he's aiming to begin streaming Monday at 10am EST/7am PST. Looks like that's 3 p.m. in England.

space-cash