St Nicholas  Prestwick

Vital Spark

« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2022, 03:10:11 PM »
Watching Crazycanuck playing echo park
the wind was at 12mph up to the 14th
then 11mph for the rest , plus the trees
we're barely moving, the devs might need
to take a look.
I noticed on one clip the flag was standing out rigid in weak wind conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2022, 04:08:40 PM »
I forgot about it about I'm guessing the clothing still doesn't move in the wind.

Hopefully the wind can still be dynamic if you put it on default.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2022, 05:16:45 PM »
I will say I am getting a little more excited after seeing the putting and short game. Definitely will be a challenge on sim. Also thinking how you set up your golfer could really be risk reward and increase immersion and a lot of diversity in online play with buddies.  I used the power golfer in 14 and my buddy used the control golfer and he usually would beat me but I had fun being super aggressive. Minus the grind part of getting player set up I think it should be fun. Also designers will have a lot of fun and we should get a lot of different looking courses.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

hammers1man

« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2022, 07:02:05 PM »
I will say I am getting a little more excited after seeing the putting and short game. Definitely will be a challenge on sim. Also thinking how you set up your golfer could really be risk reward and increase immersion and a lot of diversity in online play with buddies.  I used the power golfer in 14 and my buddy used the control golfer and he usually would beat me but I had fun being super aggressive. Minus the grind part of getting player set up I think it should be fun. Also designers will have a lot of fun and we should get a lot of different looking courses.
You are gonna need an honour system for your society Paul as vibration assist is gonna be huge in this game. If we can't lock this off for society play HB simply haven't been listening. Why it isn't in difficulty settings with swing meter is mind boggling.

Vital Spark

« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2022, 03:19:34 AM »
From the numerous videos released, the skills settings, equipment settings etc.. look way too complicated and will leave most players totally confused. I know the visuals and lack of new content is disappointing, but the complexity of setting up your player will be the downfall of this game.

Martbloke

« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2022, 04:43:38 AM »
To those who say that no one plays career mode...look at the number of plays at the fictional "official" courses, which are really only used in career mode. Those are the tracks with play counts in the millions, along with the real-life ones like Sawgrass and Scottsdale. Some of the best user-made courses are played quite a bit, but not to that same level.

So I have to think that people do play career mode quite a lot...since that's really the only place those fake "official" courses are used.

That's a good point and I was originally thinking the same but are those also in MP mode too? Can't remember as I don't play MP.

I do get excited by the gameplay changes. They look good. Apparently the NextMakers have fed back that the putting is a little poor in that the ball just rolls for days and it's a little stabby. Sounds a bit like it was at the start of 2k21. So that may get changed. I can't really say I agree or disagree from what I've seen as I haven't seen a good enough camera view of the putting in the Full cam. Plus they're all playing with vibration assist - urgh!

There was an interesting discussion on it on TGCT wondering if the issue is because the putting weight number for the golfer was low making it harder to control distance but if course only giving them 48hrs on the game, it doesn't leave them a lot of time to really dig deep into why they may be feeling it's a bit off. Was also discussed whether they have nerfed that invisible putting assist we have had too.

From the numerous videos released, the skills settings, equipment settings etc.. look way too complicated and will leave most players totally confused. I know the visuals and lack of new content is disappointing, but the complexity of setting up your player will be the downfall of this game.

This could be true. I think though, people that do feel a little confused may just leave it at archetype and skills and that's it, not worrying about the fitting stuff.

What could be a little annoying is the fitting. You get these drops after each round it seems, just random things and if you are 1 to see what it does each time you receive 1, you could be constantly changing your bag if you keep applying them to make sure distance gaps are plugged etc. That could be a PITA.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 04:45:53 AM by Martbloke »

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2022, 05:28:10 AM »
Gdog's 384 yard drive......
https://www.tiktok.com/@the_gdog/video/7146633168597044486?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7146633168597044486&web_id=7146617903663842822

The Game is becoming more like the old TW series 110% shot. May be good for the series but i prefer it how it used to be,
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 05:42:39 AM by Yeltzman »

Vital Spark

« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2022, 07:49:44 AM »

This bunker looks awful.

GoCubs2016

« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2022, 09:55:32 AM »
To those who say that no one plays career mode...look at the number of plays at the fictional "official" courses, which are really only used in career mode. Those are the tracks with play counts in the millions, along with the real-life ones like Sawgrass and Scottsdale. Some of the best user-made courses are played quite a bit, but not to that same level.

So I have to think that people do play career mode quite a lot...since that's really the only place those fake "official" courses are used.

That's a good point and I was originally thinking the same but are those also in MP mode too? Can't remember as I don't play MP.

I played online matchmaking/Divot Derby a few times in 2K21, and I always played one of the real-life official courses...places like TPC Deere Run, TPC Louisiana, and TPC Southwind seemed to be the ones that always came up.

I just hopped into 2K21 to check, and the first course that I got in a quick match online was TPC Louisiana. The second matched I played was at TPC Twin Cities. Maybe other modes let you use the fictional courses, and maybe they do come up some times, but I haven't seen them used when I've played.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 10:29:37 AM by GoCubs2016 »

AndersNM

« Reply #250 on: September 25, 2022, 09:06:22 AM »
Archetype and attributes:
I think this is a great idea. But in my opinion, I think it can and should be improved. And the thing that screams out to me, is that the player should have the option to choose attributes within a range of points when choosing the archetype. So players choosing the same archetype don't necessary have the exact same attributes. I know that you have the locked (I have already said what I think of locked things in the game) club fitting and ball sleeves to adjust for the attributes - and I cannot say I approve of this. Club fitting as I see it, should be to fit your equitment to your attributes, not changing the attributes; the correct stiffness of shafts or type of shafts for your swing speed, the optimal lofts on your clubs for swing speed and gapping. Leave swing speed to the player attributes where it belongs, and do not attribute that to equipment. Ability to shape shots vs forgiveness.

Idealy, I would want an option to start at zero attribute values, and then increase them as I progress through the game. I realise this has problems with the MyPlayer setup that span across the entire game, where I would want to have perhaps different virtual golfers that I could progress through the game. I think it also would need an amateur part of the career, which would be really cool and add depth to the career. With the archetypes, when I get points to add to attributes when I progress through levels on my golfer, these can then be made more or less on different attributes based on the archetype chosen, which also forces the player to evolve all areas and not just power. And speaking of power - I would want the name to be changed to swing speed (which in my humble opinion would force HB/2K to realise how ridiculus it is to attribute this to equipment).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 09:09:20 AM by AndersNM »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #251 on: September 25, 2022, 01:39:16 PM »
Watching apex play legend took away that excitement I had. Poor swings were resulting in GIR and FIR. If the build is the same at release some of these guys I play with will be under par out of the box.

What's funny is I never broke par on legend. I didn't try that many times but wasn't even close.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #252 on: September 25, 2022, 04:24:43 PM »
Watching apex play legend took away that excitement I had. Poor swings were resulting in GIR and FIR. If the build is the same at release some of these guys I play with will be under par out of the box.

What's funny is I never broke par on legend. I didn't try that many times but wasn't even close.

I'm with you on that and so too are a lot of the sim guys over at TGCT.  Here's what I said to say over there on that Apex Legend video:

Ok, so here is where I am with this.

Pros:
- course looks great
- happy with the zone sizes
- love Morikawa's swing
- love the bouncing on the cart path
- love how tricky putting/chipping is
- love the penalty on swing plane

Cons:
- tempo penalty way nerfed for miss-hits (except for splashes)

It's clear to me that HB has tried to nerf the issue with tempo disparity by pushing the penalty to swing plane and nerfing tempo miss-hits. There is a lot more penalty in swing plane in this game, but not on tempo. Those black very fasts he hit swing as much as a grey fast. It's a joke. The animation of a miss-hit did not match the outcome. The "red fast" meta will defo be in play in this game.

I don't mind the size of the grey forgiveness zones on any of the shots as the perfect zones for both plane and tempo are so small. The forgiveness zones should create small penalties to the sh%$ for hook/slice, and perfect be starraight as planned and I'm fine with that. It should allow for us to play with shot shaping more in Legend now.

However, you hit outside the grey, it should be a full on, "I have no idea what's going to happen here." It should be a big hook or slice. Guarantee the commentary will be unchanged and say "Shankapotomus" or, "There's nothing stopping that hook," yet it's not swinging much so won't match the outcome in the slightest. Such a joke.

As you go up in difficulty, the penalty applied to shots such increase. Hit the same very fast on Amateur as you do on Legend and you should see a big difference - Amateur should be as in this clip tbh while Legend should show a much bigger hook to the left. This is why Doyley and Apex have now said Legend is very playable. With Doyley holding comment on this until after launch and patch, I fully expect this to be changed which is why he may be holding comment.

I do wonder if HB has forgotten to apply the adjustment to speed of swing depending on where the marker is placed which is why the putting and chipping looks a little tricky. The backswing still seemed to be quite fast on those short chips making it harder for him to judge. Maybe I'm wrong and just seeing things and making excuses for him, I don't know any more.

I really don't know any more if I want any part of this new game if there is a real lack of penalty on tempo misses (aka the skill part of the game). I'm a bit stumped now and don't know what to feel. I feel numb.

Oswinner

« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2022, 04:52:53 PM »
“Cons:
- tempo penalty way nerfed“

Granted I’ve been at work so not watched that intently but I thought it was a good thing the bad shots weren’t incredibly bad like 2k21.
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

AndersNM

« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2022, 04:55:59 PM »

I really don't know any more if I want any part of this new game if there is a real lack of penalty on tempo misses (aka the skill part of the game). I'm a bit stumped now and don't know what to feel. I feel numb.

Just abandon the analog mode and embrace the clicking (3 click) :) I am 100% certain it will be so much better in every aspect, and even some of the nextmakers who have tried it find it so much fun they actually think of playing it instead of the analog on some comments. And platform disparity? - gone, goodbye. It is the only way to have decent crossplatform play in any golf game.
(As for the analog zones - I have said my piece, and agree that it is much better to not have the hard edges we have in 2k21).

space-cash