PGA Tour 2k23

• 1061 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #990 on: November 22, 2022, 02:31:56 AM »
Seriously HB how do you **** up the calibration with Xbox again. There are guys that haven't calibrated that hit perfect . If you calibrate it's impossible to get it. You need a reset option. Or maybe Tgcturds needs to ask for it. Cuz we all know they are the master of puppets.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #991 on: November 22, 2022, 05:23:18 AM »
Seriously HB how do you **** up the calibration with Xbox again. There are guys that haven't calibrated that hit perfect . If you calibrate it's impossible to get it. You need a reset option. Or maybe Tgcturds needs to ask for it. Cuz we all know they are the master of puppets.

Agreed but what they really need to do is start banging on Microsoft's door to get them to sort the polling issue out if that is indeed the issue and no way around it. That way we'd get close to what PS and PC has.

My "perfect" after calibrating is a slight slow on the edge of perfect. However, under testing, if I pull the intention back to aroun 97% it shifts that to the perfect zone and I can hit perfect again.

wim1234

« Reply #992 on: November 22, 2022, 07:42:49 AM »
Game is on life support now, will be dead in the water come January.

you are always so terribly negative, why do you play the game anyway, if you have so many issues with it.

Gasman

« Reply #993 on: November 22, 2022, 09:13:39 AM »
Game is on life support now, will be dead in the water come January.

you are always so terribly negative, why do you play the game anyway, if you have so many issues with it.

Golf has always been my number one sport & that’s just bled into golf gaming. I play the game because it’s the only golf title available.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #994 on: November 22, 2022, 11:58:40 AM »

Agreed but what they really need to do is start banging on Microsoft's door to get them to sort the polling issue out if that is indeed the issue and no way around it. That way we'd get close to what PS and PC has.

My "perfect" after calibrating is a slight slow on the edge of perfect. However, under testing, if I pull the intention back to aroun 97% it shifts that to the perfect zone and I can hit perfect again.

There is a way to reset it by deleting saved data which I tried but couldn't get it to work. If you get back to tutorial it resets calibration. 

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #995 on: November 22, 2022, 04:32:27 PM »

There is a way to reset it by deleting saved data which I tried but couldn't get it to work. If you get back to tutorial it resets calibration.

I think the problem for me doing that, and IIRC as I don't play it anymore, is that the default felt like I had to have a faster swing than I like and do normally. I felt like I was whacking the stick forward to get perfect.

My natural speed from all previous games is slower and so I got a lot of slows and very little fasts which was annoying hence why, despite the warnings, I calibrated anyways.

lastchancehombre

« Reply #996 on: November 22, 2022, 05:47:06 PM »
Bottom line, after calibrating the 1st time (on xbox) there is no way for a number of us to get even a small percentage perfect swings back. I might see one over the course of a couple rounds. As it's been stated in various places around the net, those affected are now stuck with off center fasts or slows.

Not the way calibration was intended, or was it HB? This makes for a miserable time around the golf course for any number of us & then your just falling down the calibration rabbit hole after that which 2nd 3rd & 5th times has ZERO effect on your swing tempo or regaining anything remotely close to a perfect swing.

I had no issues with the follow through not responding until I calibrated the 1st time, now it's rampant after calibrating 4-5 times. Close to unplayable a lot of the time!

If you're still reading these posts here in your seemingly abandoned forum, please have the decency to patch in a reset to default swing option. Could keep a number of us loyal to the franchise around.

signed, losing interest quickly.
Courses published,

Mad River Golf Complex  (2022 Tilted Kilt Invitational)
Woodley Island Golf Club (2019 TGCT Promo Event)
Nai Palm Hot Springs       (2018 Western Pacific Championship)
Vaquero Valley GC Tour   (2018 Barbasol Championship)
Stone Lagoon Dunes (Tour Worthy)
Beau Pre Estates

Gasman

« Reply #997 on: November 22, 2022, 06:15:50 PM »
Deleting game save data doesn’t seem to anything on Xbox…??

lastchancehombre

« Reply #998 on: November 22, 2022, 07:17:30 PM »
Oh and I failed to mentioned that seemingly after the last patch the (broken) calibration tool defaulted some people (on xbox) to a 3 wood. For me it'd been Driver all along which again for me I'd stand a much better chance at consistent good contact than I would with a 3 wood.

This business about 'deleting game save data' for one isn't as simple as that nor should we have to in order for the game to work properly. You have to go through a short series of online/offline xbox & game settings & reboots to try to accomplish a 'reset'. BS!

Meantime those that haven't calibrated, more power to ya. You can still enjoy the genuine challenge the game offers. For the rest of us that are affected by this bug, let's just hope they're still reading here or elsewhere about this particular problem because it's a big one & react accordingly. A simple reset to default swing option will do!
Courses published,

Mad River Golf Complex  (2022 Tilted Kilt Invitational)
Woodley Island Golf Club (2019 TGCT Promo Event)
Nai Palm Hot Springs       (2018 Western Pacific Championship)
Vaquero Valley GC Tour   (2018 Barbasol Championship)
Stone Lagoon Dunes (Tour Worthy)
Beau Pre Estates

GoCubs2016

« Reply #999 on: November 23, 2022, 02:17:24 AM »
I know this was discussed before, but apparently career mode playoffs CAN be broken some of the of time. Just ended the fake PGA Championship tied with Will Zalatoris. No playoff happened to determine the winner:

Martbloke

« Reply #1000 on: November 23, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »
I know this was discussed before, but apparently career mode playoffs CAN be broken some of the of time. Just ended the fake PGA Championship tied with Will Zalatoris. No playoff happened to determine the winner:

Great! 🤦

Every iteration just screams a serious lack of testing and in parts, laziness.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1001 on: November 23, 2022, 01:07:10 PM »
I got a new scuf controller and took me around 8 calibration to get it back to where I was with a slight gray fast being my perfect. I also had to go back to rhythm to even have some consistency.

Drives me nuts is I get perfects on partial chips and nothing else. How is that possible.

Whatever is what it is until they give us a reset on calibration . Which I don't understand why it isn't there in the first place. Also why can't you see your feedback when calibration is happening? Wut up with that makes no sense.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #1002 on: November 24, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
My god this game really is a shambles. I knew there were issues playing career and multiple rounds but now seeing reports that the top 30 don't play the Tour Championship and even when they do, the stroke adjustments are wrong! This game is such a money grab and rip off!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PGA_Tour_2K/comments/yyod4d/career_mode_tour_championship_final_top_names/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

https://www.reddit.com/r/PGA_Tour_2K/comments/z29flo/tour_championship_stroke_adjustments/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

hammers1man

« Reply #1003 on: November 26, 2022, 04:39:54 PM »
Hopefully career mode isn't needed anymore as I got my best fitting in a casual practice round.
I know it isn't the same for everyone but I am loving this game on a sim level.
If you get the green speed right for the pin placement you have a superb sim experience here.
I know Mart complains about putting but to me the putting is massively improved from the last game. It was just too easy to smash those medium putts in on 2K21. I was some kind of super hero putter compared to real life pros on gridless greens on 2K21 on putts 5-10ft. Lost count of the amount of 100% medium putts on ultra Sim that I hit. This feels more like real putting to me. The ball rolls even on slower greens and doesn't feel like putting on mud anymore. Granted on default ball 155 speed is closer to 187 2K21 speed so simply cap the greens on 155 or max 160. Bit more strategy, testing and thinking required for tournament set ups.
The short game walks all over 2K21 which was absolutely god damn awful. True short siding yourself now, flop shot takes skill with timing, chipping, partial pitch everything is a huge step up, no more crappy get out of jail arcade splash shot now, thank god.
Really enjoying the game where it matters most to me, on the course.
Society play will never get boring as playing against a CPU leaderboard can never replace real people that I have been playing against for years or new members. The game really shines when playing in a society.
Can we just fix the awful fast forward for turn based ghosts please HB.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 06:13:53 PM by hammers1man »

Martbloke

« Reply #1004 on: November 26, 2022, 07:51:01 PM »
I'm sure I'd agree with the putting if I played more with it but with the issues, I just can't bring myself to pick the game up again.

My gripe with the putting is that initial 20-25% power where the putter barely moves. Without vibration and aids and just playing by feel, it's just bonkers and nothing like the fluid stroke of 2k21 or a real putter swing IMO. It makes it feel stabby as hell or like that starting spring for pinball machines like it's on a rubber band. I can putt up to like 30-35ft on the initial bare movement of the putter which is so not right and off-putting. Do that in real life pulling the putter back an inch or 2 and push through with enough power to send it 35ft and tell me that's a natural feeling putting stroke. It's horrid!

The roll of the ball is likely fine otherwise except the stupid icy downhill putts though which are even more annoying with the issue I have above.

This version in the series as it stands, is the buggyiest and most lacklustre I have seen and it has driven many away. I still can't believe that a licensed product of a real sport as this, has absolutely ignored the main licensed mode. They've poorly replicated a career on the PGA TOUR IMO with no real representation of what we see on TV. The on-screen graphics just as 1 example don't match - just having the FedEx Cup position next to your score in the top left (that dynamically updates as your round goes along like it does in TV) for starters would make a difference. No stats posted anywhere on screen of scoring on holes or the risk/reward holes. It literally reminds me of the mode play in FIFA where you can select an individual competition you want to play through (e.g. the FA Cup) and that's all you play and when over, it's done. There's no kind of progression from season to season, it's just a reset each time. There's no, "Last years champ is the 1 to beat this year" kind of thing or mention at all. Lazy!

Look, if you like just playing a round of golf on different courses and societies (which do get boring after a while as it's just a glorified way of playing rounds with nothing really on the line from a competitive standpoint), then I'm sure you'll get your monies worth but that to me is NOT what a AAA golf game should be. HB have literally just made a game where the playing of golf is good (my annoyances aside), allowed players to create their own courses and allowed players a space to create a basic season for people to play and compete against eachother so basically leaving the hard graft to us to make the most of the game and then slapped a AAA price on it to say, "Hey this is a top quality game we've made that will immerse you and keep you playing at length. Reward us!" - which is just not true!

It's like me creating a licensed football game for say the English Prem only where playing the game of football is great but it has a "career" mode that has 10 licensed and recreated stadiums only with the other 10 being fantasy creations, each game feeling the same with no attempt of adding immersion for battling for points, no transfers allowed and then come season end, it resets and doesn't roll on or have any progression, but then allow you to create your own stadiums and then create your own seasons for people to play over and over and charge £65 to buy. Would you buy that in place of FIFA? Not a chance as it's nowhere near the content FIFA offers. HB are going to find this out when EA drops I'm afraid.

THEY. MUST. DO. BETTER.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 07:57:03 PM by Martbloke »

space-cash