PGA TOUR 2K23 and Xbox Series owners

• 4 Replies

ISAWTHAT

« on: September 12, 2022, 10:31:12 AM »
Looking at the official pre order web site here>  https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/pga-tour-2k23-cross-gen-edition-pre-order/9P4SL2ZL85D2/0017

I own the Series S, and reviewing the 4 versions for Xbox, be aware that the standard version ($59.99) fails to say "optimized for Xbox Series X/S at the top of the page when selected, as well as at the info below the screenshots.  However, it does say 4K Ultra HD and 60 fps* for the standard version.  Somewhat confusing, but maybe the standard version @ 4K and 60 fps is for the Xbox ONE S and not the Xbox One??  The other 3 versions (more$$), all say "optimized for Xbox Series X/S" at the top, and below under the capabilities header.  Just beware that if you own a SERIES Xbox you might want to go for the "optimized" Series S/X versions.  I'm hoping this optimization for Series X/S is going to have some customization to select resolution as well as fps locked or unlocked.  Personally, I'd be happy @ 1440p @ 60/120 fps, as that is what the Series S can natively max out at.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 11:01:51 AM by ISAWTHAT »
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 03:28:57 PM »
Looking at the official pre order web site here>  https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/pga-tour-2k23-cross-gen-edition-pre-order/9P4SL2ZL85D2/0017

I own the Series S, and reviewing the 4 versions for Xbox, be aware that the standard version ($59.99) fails to say "optimized for Xbox Series X/S at the top of the page when selected, as well as at the info below the screenshots.  However, it does say 4K Ultra HD and 60 fps* for the standard version.  Somewhat confusing, but maybe the standard version @ 4K and 60 fps is for the Xbox ONE S and not the Xbox One??  The other 3 versions (more$$), all say "optimized for Xbox Series X/S" at the top, and below under the capabilities header.  Just beware that if you own a SERIES Xbox you might want to go for the "optimized" Series S/X versions.  I'm hoping this optimization for Series X/S is going to have some customization to select resolution as well as fps locked or unlocked.  Personally, I'd be happy @ 1440p @ 60/120 fps, as that is what the Series S can natively max out at.

I noticed that about the Standard edition does indeed show 4K 60 FPS + in its technical capabilities section, just like the XBox Series X/S Enhanced version that's $10 more.  I think what might be happening here is that the Standard Edition will not feature the additional graphics benefits like ray tracing and advanced object detail of the Enhanced version, but *may* offer a performance/quality setting option that could allow the game to be played at 30 FPS (Quality) or 60 FPS (Performance).

I suspect that the Series S will be able to run the game at 60 FPS+ in its natively rendered 1440p resolution that gets upscaled to 4K, while the Series X will be able to achieve the same 60 FPS+ at 2160p.  This is all speculation on my part though.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

PooSplatt

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 05:14:11 AM »
I was so tempted to get the deluxe version for the early access as I go away for 10 days on the 15th October. Did a bit of searching and I can get the physical copy for Xbox X|S for £51.85 so can't justify the extra for a few days.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/pga-tour-2k23-xbox-series-x-one/dgc-pga23xsx.htm

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 01:15:20 PM »

I noticed that about the Standard edition does indeed show 4K 60 FPS + in its technical capabilities section, just like the XBox Series X/S Enhanced version that's $10 more.  I think what might be happening here is that the Standard Edition will not feature the additional graphics benefits like ray tracing and advanced object detail of the Enhanced version, but *may* offer a performance/quality setting option that could allow the game to be played at 30 FPS (Quality) or 60 FPS (Performance).

I suspect that the Series S will be able to run the game at 60 FPS+ in its natively rendered 1440p resolution that gets upscaled to 4K, while the Series X will be able to achieve the same 60 FPS+ at 2160p.  This is all speculation on my part though.

Yeah the big question I think is this word optimization or optimized for the series x and s.  It's got to be between what Microsoft deems as optimized for their hardware and what the developer does to join hands with that.  I sure hope you're right on the settings customization in game would love to be able to play at optimal frames and resolution for the current gen platforms.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 01:18:51 PM by ISAWTHAT »

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 09:32:05 PM »
https://youtu.be/hSf-nIWU7XU

Around 8 minutes 40 seconds into the video are graphic settings for PC.
I hope we can set these settings for the consoles.

space-cash