Matchmaking

• 6 Replies

thegamblinggamer

« on: October 05, 2022, 07:13:22 AM »
So its basically confirmed that Matchmaking is pretty much the same it's been for the 6th yr

It blows my mind that HB don't realise that a proper competitive mode is needed there will be so many disappointed players

Forced Pro mode, and not all game modes available at all times

This game will end up being a stop gap until EA release next yr for most now
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 08:45:34 AM by thegamblinggamer »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 02:52:36 PM »
Private matches with people you know are way better but I agree the matchmaking is very lacking and way to restrictive. Tiger games always did a good job with it.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

hammers1man

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 03:18:51 PM »
Private matches with people you know are way better but I agree the matchmaking is very lacking and way to restrictive. Tiger games always did a good job with it.
And you can lock your control method (3click or analog), difficulty, aids etc in private matches. Never seen the appeal in auto matchmaking personally on an easy difficulty with all aids on. A lobby to meet up and arrange matches in game is a big miss though.

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 03:39:27 PM »
And you can lock your control method (3click or analog), difficulty, aids etc in private matches. Never seen the appeal in auto matchmaking personally on an easy difficulty with all aids on. A lobby to meet up and arrange matches in game is a big miss though.
private matches are all well and good but it's not competetive, there's no sports game out there today that doesn't have any sort of competitive mode, as someone who isn't a massive fan of tgc tours I badly would like a proper ranked mode which isn't matchmaking (

hammers1man

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 04:24:57 PM »
private matches are all well and good but it's not competetive, there's no sports game out there today that doesn't have any sort of competitive mode, as someone who isn't a massive fan of tgc tours I badly would like a proper ranked mode which isn't matchmaking (
I understand where you're coming from but private matches are more competitive because you can set the rules and then be competitive with eachother.Matchmaking is a waste of time as you can't even lockout different control methods and have to play a really easy difficulty. And pro on 2K 23 is easier than 21's very forgiving pro difficulty. If that's the part of the game that interests you most I would give 2K23 a miss.

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 07:04:33 PM »
I understand where you're coming from but private matches are more competitive because you can set the rules and then be competitive with eachother.Matchmaking is a waste of time as you can't even lockout different control methods and have to play a really easy difficulty. And pro on 2K 23 is easier than 21's very forgiving pro difficulty. If that's the part of the game that interests you most I would give 2K23 a miss.
yh i hear ya, think I played around 40 MM games on 21 because it's such a bad mode but sadly I have no ps friends that play, I enjoy societies but that wears off after a few months

Gasman

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 09:32:47 AM »

That’s the point why don’t HB have lobbies for different difficulty levels.
Totally agree that auto matchmaking on pro with all aids is a waste of time.

space-cash