Green bouncing, irons and wedges

• 1 Replies

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »
  • When the ball bounces on the greens, after 1 or 2 bounces it lands an accellerates to run further away. Looks like its having top-spin on it. Best to be seen with "soft/fast" greens using 7i to 8i. But the behaviour is there for all irons and wedges. Might be due to the general lack of spin on the ball.
  • Rebounce angle too flat in general, here again, best to be seen with mid irons (8i-6i).

Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

BentFiveWood

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 11:29:49 AM »
I've attributed the acceleration to what I can only describe as a minor gameplay flaw.

The ball comes in at a given speed and, based on the lie, elevation, loft, green speed etc., it hits the green and the game engine makes a decision about how fast it should roll.  So a lot of times the ball hits the green and it looks like it should stop based on the way the shot looks but instead it blasts off.  I think the reason it looks strange is that the all of the shot details are not figured out at the point you make contact.  It changes as the ball continues its flight.  That makes the shot look kind of patchwork is some cases.

I'm not sure if I've really expressed myself well but I hope you get what I'm saying.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

space-cash