Taking a break until gncd is fixed.

• 7 Replies

PGAGolfCoach

« on: August 09, 2014, 04:47:38 AM »
Well lads I've now spent countless hours to try n get the new tools to work.

They just don't.  I zero everything build a custom green,
Add a fairway , add rough or create a new hole and the custom area green of the custom hole already made disappears.

Basically rendering the designer pointless to me until fixed.

Read every post,  and not sure if this is being addressed ?
But it's been a few weeks now and not a mention from the official side.

At the moment.. I don't know if it's my Cpu or a bug in the game.

Seems some have similar issues some don't.
Posted my specs but no reply from hb.

Never had issue before v1 everything worked fine.
But now can't play tours or courses.. Cause they have been built with new tools.
And now that means putting to holes in the rough for me, or tiny greens.. Missing the designers obviously added part to the green.. As it disappears on my game.

Can't design.. Because can't use new tools or all my custom greens disappear.

So after weeks if fiddling. I'm over it.

Sorry for the vent, but just frustrated as $&@€*%!!

Hb. - please let us know if this is being addressed. If there is a fix on the way. And if so, some idea of timeline.

It would be nice to get some official response /help. Letting me know if my Cpu just isn't up to the new tools .. Or if this is on the game end and will be fixed.
Sorry but there is NO FIRM ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE GIVEN.
Trust me I searched.

Maybe it's just not a wide spread enough problem or not affecting enough people to warrant a fix or response, ?

Eitherway , I know a couple of the top designers here that have posted the same issue.. Yet not really an official response ?

.... Yeah I get it's beta. Etc.  But we give lots of feedback and try to be helpful on our end too.

Again sorry for the rant , but this bug has just at this point got the better of me.

I'll ask kindly:  for us that are having this issue please let us know what /when and even if .. This issue is being looked at.

Cheers.

wendy445

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:49:26 AM »
I'm doing the same as I can't even save a course in creator, fed up of losing hours of work, so waiting now for ps4 release
PSN naywen
Courses created
The suffolk
The Engish rose
THE HEATHLANDS GC
Crow creek gc
Grand Epson ( Thursday to Sunday pins)
TGC @ THE BAVARO
pinelakes country club
Son Gaul

http://www.tgctours.com/

AndrewG

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 05:20:35 AM »
Well lads I've now spent countless hours to try n get the new tools to work.

They just don't.  I zero everything build a custom green,
Add a fairway , add rough or create a new hole and the custom area green of the custom hole already made disappears.

Basically rendering the designer pointless to me until fixed.

Read every post,  and not sure if this is being addressed ?
But it's been a few weeks now and not a mention from the official side.

At the moment.. I don't know if it's my Cpu or a bug in the game.

Seems some have similar issues some don't.
Posted my specs but no reply from hb.

Never had issue before v1 everything worked fine.
But now can't play tours or courses.. Cause they have been built with new tools.
And now that means putting to holes in the rough for me, or tiny greens.. Missing the designers obviously added part to the green.. As it disappears on my game.

Can't design.. Because can't use new tools or all my custom greens disappear.

So after weeks if fiddling. I'm over it.

Sorry for the vent, but just frustrated as $&@€*%!!

Hb. - please let us know if this is being addressed. If there is a fix on the way. And if so, some idea of timeline.

It would be nice to get some official response /help. Letting me know if my Cpu just isn't up to the new tools .. Or if this is on the game end and will be fixed.
Sorry but there is NO FIRM ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE GIVEN.
Trust me I searched.

Maybe it's just not a wide spread enough problem or not affecting enough people to warrant a fix or response, ?

Eitherway , I know a couple of the top designers here that have posted the same issue.. Yet not really an official response ?

.... Yeah I get it's beta. Etc.  But we give lots of feedback and try to be helpful on our end too.

Again sorry for the rant , but this bug has just at this point got the better of me.

I'll ask kindly:  for us that are having this issue please let us know what /when and even if .. This issue is being looked at.

Cheers.

Have you ever posted your pc spec in this forum? Both microfox and 912golfer were having similar issues to what you describe, and are playing the game on pc's with Integrated Intel HD GPU's, are you?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:22:19 AM by AndrewG »
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

PGAGolfCoach

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »
Hey Andrew ..yes I did. And yes intel hd4000 with 8gb ram
Yeah we all posted.  But never really got a clear response .

"Like - try this.  Or "yeah since the update.. Intel Hd cards are no good anymore. Sorry tough luck you can't use this card to play anymore"

I've looked all over , n the closest answer we got was .
"I wonder if there is an issue with hd Intel card. "
And then nothing!  That was 1-2 weeks ago.
Not exactly helpful. Still left wondering.  Is it my card now? Are they going to fix for these cards?
 And I'm not sure even if that was a official - answer, but just a fellow friend designer like yourself trying to help. -which is appreciated.

Thing is, this seems out if character for hb. Really does. But then perhaps I haven't needed to ask one if those questions that they don't wanna answer. Cause it's not getting fixed   - well guys I'd much rather know.- just say "sorry mate you cards no good anymore, as this game got more advanced. And won't be.  ". 

Least then I'm not waiting for nothing ... Ya know :)

I guess , if there isn't a fix coming for this card model. Then would be nice to know ahead of time.. Instead of waiting for one. :)

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 11:20:31 AM »
Hey guys, we should have a resolution for the intel gpus next week, apologies for the inconvenience :(

PGAGolfCoach

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »
And my faith is restored !   Awesome. Thx guys.  Finally I now know the intel thing is fixable , recognized, and getting fixed in the near future.

Awesome.  Many thx. :)

I shall be sketching in my sketch book.
Meanwhile. :)

PGAGolfCoach

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
Hey Rami , any closer to the patch for Intel hd guys .. With the fairways greens disappearing?
... I'm dying to get back to designing? :)

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:23:44 PM »
Hey coach, this will be in Tuesday's official release. It is a rendering issue due to the intel hd. Your course will look how you expect it to when the fix rolls out.

space-cash