Good-bye TGC

• 97 Replies

mastercool9

« on: July 04, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »
After playing this game all this time and still not being able to get the putting to work right, i give up. I have paid my money and so i will be back after the game is finished. Hopefully the putting will be fixed by then. I am tired of 2 inch putts being short then going past the cup on the next try. I am going back to tiger woods on the pc and tiger woods on the ps3. For all there faults the putting works. Good luck on your game. Don't all you golfers bother to reply as i won't be back on this forum till the game is fixed or canceled.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »
The putting isn't broke... ???

Can you do a recording of what is happening on your end, maybe we can help you figure it out if we can see what is happening.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Wolverin3

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:15:47 PM »
Good point nevada, Im very interested in how you can miss a 2 inch putt?

I struggle on anything between 4-8 ft on sidehill putts...but the rest is perfect if you use the marker correctly.
Courses Created
---------------------------------
Aridian Sands
New The Gobi Golf Club V2
The Gobi Golf Club
Autumn Gold
Golden Sands GC
Waterfront Golf Club (Hard - firm fairways - fast greens)
New Waterfront Golf Club ( more friendly version )

Ricky Proffer

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 11:09:56 PM »

I struggle on anything between 4-8 ft on sidehill putts...but the rest is perfect if you use the marker correctly.

Yes, the key is using the marker correctly.  I have it set so the marker is located where the hole is and I have to move it myself.  For a few holes when I started doing it this way I though putting was messed up too!  I move the marker a couple feet past the hole even on very short putts as I was leaving 2 footers short from time to time.  Putting is not broke in my opinion.  It is still the best part of the game to me.

tastegw

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 12:20:41 AM »
imo putting is one of the more polished aspects of the game

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »
I would like to see the buffer zone (spyglass) show more of a curve as to distance. The aiming marker on short putts shouldn't have as much influence in the distance as longer putts. Would like to have more feel in the length and speed of the swing on the shorter ones. Tweak/add curve settings so short putts use more % of the stick travel than longer putts. Then longer putts would need and use a buffer zone, but shorter putts should be more up to you to control the distance. Right now you have no control (feel) of the length and speed on the shorter putts to control the amount of break to be played. You have to use the aiming marker to set the speed for the break you are playing. I think something like this would be better than just adjusting the direction and distance with the aiming marker and push the button.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

dedhedkev

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 08:52:52 AM »
putting is 99 % fine with xbox 360 usb controller ...

noelw1969

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 04:38:52 PM »

I can't say I have missed a 2" putt but I have missed many short (1-2ft) putts because the power sends the ball steaming off and missing the putt is a certainty. This is just one of the many issues I have with this game and producing a video will not help the developers resolve the issue.

briman44

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 04:45:36 PM »
Hay guys it's doing it to me also. 7 holes in a row I would leave it on the lip. It's Maddning.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 04:48:40 PM »
If you're sending a short putt sailing far and beyond the hole, then you have not figured out the power needed to hit that short putt.

I posted this graphic that I put up a while back. It shows how I determine how much power I'm putting on a putt. I use the club head/shaft as a type of "meter" with the ball.

The first image for 5-7 ft is really good enough for anything 7 ft and under.

I dunno if this will help those with the shorter putts but it won't hurt to give it a shot. Maybe you'll find something while working with it that gets you to that "aha!" moment where short putts aren't a struggle as far as distance goes.

It probably goes without saying but I'll say it anyway - you will need to make slight adjustments for green speeds, my graphic is based on medium.

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Bacarra Golf Club

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
To be honest,   I've heard less complaining about the putting mechanism in this game in relation to any other golf game made to date.    If this dude is having that much trouble, he either needs to practice, get a new controller or PC.      Something isn't right here...    Like I said,   out of the tons of people I talked to, putting is what is really great about this game :)

Of course I don't speak from experience because I'm waiting for the game to be released on the ps4 because I don't like playing games on a PC....
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

BongoBong

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 05:34:27 PM »
If you're sending a short putt sailing far and beyond the hole, then you have not figured out the power needed to hit that short putt.

I posted this graphic that I put up a while back. It shows how I determine how much power I'm putting on a putt. I use the club head/shaft as a type of "meter" with the ball.

I dunno if this will help those with the shorter putts but it won't hurt to give it a shot. Maybe you'll find something while working with it that gets you to that "aha!" moment where short putts aren't a struggle as far as distance goes.

It probably goes without saying but I'll say it anyway - you will need to make slight adjustments for green speeds, my graphic is based on medium.

The absolute number 1 thing people need to figure out is how the putting marker works. No "system" can get around the influence that the putting marker has on putting distance.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 06:17:03 PM »

The absolute number 1 thing people need to figure out is how the putting marker works. No "system" can get around the influence that the putting marker has on putting distance.

Correct... the putting marker goes hand in hand with this.

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Bacarra Golf Club

tastegw

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 10:51:50 PM »
I really don't think the putting marker effects the distance you hit your putt, I have ran a test where I would pull the putter back to the edge of my back foot, once with putting marker onlver the hole, once with putting marker right in front of the ball, and once with it as far away as it would go, all three putts travel approximately the same distance.

What I think the putting marker does do however (besides the obvious left to right aiming) is give you a good idea just how hard to hit the ball, for example, cup is 6" higher then your ball on a 5 foot putt, move the marker to about 11 feet away and you visualize yourself aiming for the marker and not the cup, so you end up hitting it like you would a 10-12 footer instead of a 5 footer.

I am afraid many are thinking it takes a full swing to get the distance of where the marker is, thus causing players to blast it past the hole when all they needed was a tap in.

For those players I would say ignore the marker all together on the tap ins, and just tap it in.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:56:02 PM by tastegw »

rolfgolf

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 03:12:45 AM »
For me putting seems to be realistic greater then 3 feets.
But if I want to putt from 1-3 feet I allways have to set the marker 2 feet behind the hole for realitic swing and power.

Only my feelings......

Rolf

space-cash