Grpahics Acting Up Last Night

• 15 Replies

aftrshok99

« on: July 10, 2014, 10:19:07 AM »
I was playing Brook Manor and on the last 3 holes when I noticed that the wind meter and hud would be unreadable, it was all scrambled looking. Occasonally it would scramble part of the course too, like trees, etc.. I finished up that round and played Bethpage Tour edition and it seemed to be getting worse and got to the point where I had to quit playing. At one point during that round, the mountains in the background had a big rectangle sized chunk of white in the middle of them. I played the Bethpage course on Monday and didn't have this problem.

Little more info on my setup while playing:
Playing windowed on 1920 x 1080 on High like I always have....when it would go back and forth from scrambled to normal, none of my other monitors did anything, they were normal, no flicker nothing. It could of just been a one time event as I didn't get a chance to check it again later. Just curious if this was course related or something else.

I am running a Radeon 7950 video card with 2 monitors (32" lcd tv, 17" dell).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:22:02 AM by aftrshok99 »
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »
I hope for your sake it's a problem with game and not your graphics card.  I had a similar issue with a graphically intensive game on an old desktop computer a few years ago.  It gradually got worse to the point that I had to replace the graphics card which corrected the problems.

-MERACE

aftrshok99

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
I hope for your sake it's a problem with game and not your graphics card.  I had a similar issue with a graphically intensive game on an old desktop computer a few years ago.  It gradually got worse to the point that I had to replace the graphics card which corrected the problems.

-MERACE

I haven't bought the card yet, it's on loan to me from our IT guy here at work, so if it keeps acting up I'll just give it back to him.

Courses:

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

Hawk Eye

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »
I have seen these white squares in other golf games, it was graphics card shader rendering that needed adjustment,the course you mentioned has had various versions over the past week or so.

aftrshok99

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »
I have seen these white squares in other golf games, it was graphics card shader rendering that needed adjustment,the course you mentioned has had various versions over the past week or so.

I'll play it and a few others tonight and see if this issue pops up again.

Courses:

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

aftrshok99

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 09:56:13 AM »
Update - I played 3 different courses and the Bethpage course again last night and had no graphics issues at all.

Courses:

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

cruciate

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »
During a third round today I had graphical glitching.
Textures would flicker and the game was unplayable.

Latest AMD drivers, and a 2GB 7870 on 1080p. Decent enough CPU (2600k and 8GB RAM)
Minimizing and allowing the temps to drop did nothing.
But quitting out and restarting fixed everything.

I wonder if there may a graphical memory leak?

foz

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 08:45:15 PM »
I've been having various graphical glitches since I got the game. Of those that are having issues, quite a few seem to be using AMD cards.  7950 & 7870 mentioned in this thread and I'm using a 7850.

My GPU usage is also at a constant 100% as well whilst GPU card temps are no higher than around 64c.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:48:51 PM by foz »

AUDave

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 12:31:05 AM »
I had graphic issues today as well.  Everything was fine - I actually played 2 rounds of a tournament not one issue.  Then I had to put my daughter to bed - left the game in progress while i was on the tee box getting ready to drive.  I though this would be a good spot to leave the game to go get my daughter on task to get her to bed. 

Well after about 5-10min later I come back to the game, I hit my drive and then I started noticing a flicker here and there.  Then I couldnt read the yardage.  As I continued to play there were more glitches in the graphics, but I was sooo into the game I completed the other 2 rounds of the tournament.

I just figured the graphics issue was because I left the game idle for that period of time when getting my daughter situated.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:56:28 AM »
This has happened to me as well - my card is a Radeon HD 7870.  Restarting game usually fixes it - I just figured it was due to overheating but maybe there's more to it.

AUDave

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 03:04:30 AM »
This has happened to me as well - my card is a Radeon HD 7870.  Restarting game usually fixes it - I just figured it was due to overheating but maybe there's more to it.

I have a Radeon HD 7850.  So I wonder if that has anything to do with ATI/AMD cards?

foz

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »
So far, 5 people in this thread are having the odd graphical glitch. That's using a 7950, 7870 (2) and 7850 (2).

JayJayJames3223

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »
I've had it happen a couple times on a brand new AMD HD7770
Steam: RhythmicSlaps

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
This is what I have been trying to say all along.  I had a cheaper card, an XFX Radeon R7 260 and it was doing this.  I have upgraded to an R9 290x 4 GB DDR5 ($700 card) which was recommended by the community and it's still doing this along with locking up my computer until I force a restart.  I took my computer apart yesterday and physically checked everything, reinstalled the OS and all drivers.  It's still doing this.  I have used every other program I have on it and had no problems at all since I uninstalled Steam.  I am convinced that the problem is with Steam.  I've sent dxdiag and event logs to HB as Lorin suggested and maybe their guys can figure this out.  I would suggest to you that you run these reports and send he results to support as well.  At this point though I have resigned myself to the fact that I probably will never get this working right on my PC , but I am hoping the PS4 version will bring me better luck.  Good Luck.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

HB_LorinB

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »
Looking in to this, just so you know.

Oddly, I have a 7950 and have had no issues at all.

space-cash