PGA Tour - Weekly Tournaments (for PC, XB1 and PS4)

• 770 Replies

NCFCRulz

« Reply #705 on: September 13, 2014, 12:21:54 AM »
What do you need as and when I can help out? Screenshots?

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #706 on: September 13, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »
What do you need as and when I can help out? Screenshots?

Check your Private Messages, thx!  If you don't have any let me know and I'll resend it.

Zap

« Reply #707 on: September 13, 2014, 07:03:20 AM »
I'm not complaining about the course being too hard. I got +3 on my first try in this wind. Although not good, it's not crazy bad (but I used Scout Cam).

But this is in no way a good course. I'm a little sad that you choose this course, especially for a major event.

Someone must think the course is good? In that case, in what way?
CCS Zap
Xbox One
Sweden

csugolfer60

« Reply #708 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »
Hi Zap - I'm CSU, and Legacy was one of my courses designed for the Golf Club.

I'm sorry you didn't find the experience enjoyable -

while Legacy does have some large elevation changes, none of them (including the drop on number 13) are unrealistic. There are many courses in real life (such as Bighorn Golf Club, Wolf Creek, Princeville Resort) which have more severe elevation drops from tee to fairway.

Also, while there are near 290 bunkers at Legacy, this course was modeled after Whistling Straits, a Pete Dye golf course is Michigan, which has almost 900 bunkers.

Unfortunately, the "water" bug is something we have to deal with, but I figured I didn't really want to put heavy rough out there, since heavy rough can be much more punishing than the "water" terrain.

Thank you for your feedback. I have several other realistic designs (although still a pretty firm test), such as Shawnee Creek, Pilansburg Golf and Fish Club, and Ross Hollow Golf Course, and would love for your feedback on these designs.

Thanks for playing!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:09:16 AM by csugolfer60 »
My Courses:

Crawford Mines
Pilansburg Golf Club
The Legacy At Cape Point
Loa Pali Golf Club
TGC Players Club - Stadium
TGC Players Club - Logan Farm
TGC Players Club - Shawnee Creek
Cuyahoga Golf Club
Hidden Links Golf Club
Shawnee Creek Golf Club

jwfickett

« Reply #709 on: September 13, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »
Csu, i think he was talking about Links at Liberty Sound, but good idea to get a preemptive strike out there for Legacy at Cape, because if he hates Liberty Sound, he will uninstall the game after playing Cape next week.  I love both courses, but you cant please all people all the time.
#width #angles

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #710 on: September 13, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »
Csu, i think he was talking about Links at Liberty Sound, but good idea to get a preemptive strike out there for Legacy at Cape, because if he hates Liberty Sound, he will uninstall the game after playing Cape next week.  I love both courses, but you cant please all people all the time.

No he was definitely talking about CSU's course.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #711 on: September 13, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »
PGA Tour - Week 9 is up for PC.  Major week so expect a challenge.  Good luck!

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #712 on: September 13, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
Doyely mate, it might be an idea to ask for a little help on the PC side from someone else, going through a very difficult time here at home with family as you well know.  Finding the time and being motivated is a little hard right now. 

Sorry man
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:05:49 AM by TonyTurbo78 »
8700k @5ghz watercooled, MSI Z370, Vega64 @1700/1100 water cooled, 16b ddr4@ 3600mhz, 1440p 144hz freesync monitor, 960Evo m.2 ssd's, Windows 10

Standard Xbox 360 stock controller

Zap

« Reply #713 on: September 13, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »

No he was definitely talking about CSU's course.
Yes, I was. I was enjoying Links at Liberty Sound.

Modelled after Whistling Straits? Didn't know that course has those elevation changes.
CCS Zap
Xbox One
Sweden

tastegw

« Reply #714 on: September 13, 2014, 01:22:28 PM »
-287 feet from tee to pin,  doyley, did you start a fantasy league?

for a no "scout cam" course,  this is unacceptable:

csu makes some great courses, but he needs to take some tips from biggins when it comes to viewing the fairways and such.

in real life, even if you played this course 1000 times, on this tee would you get up there and just whale away?  nope,  first thing you would check to see is if there were other golfers down there on the fairway. Just like any other hole, always make sure there is nobody in your line of sight for the distances you are about to hit.   these "no scout cam" courses should reflect this, as in giving a view of all landing areas from the tee box.  this was my complaint with clv's last tour course.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:35:16 PM by tastegw »

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #715 on: September 13, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
While I appreciate everyone posting opinions on the course selection the best I can offer is that if it causes you grief then please just skip the tournament.  I will not be ruling out courses just because they have large elevation changes. That also does not make the courses fantasy and even if it did I am not ruling out using those types of courses for the tour. The best course of action would be to play a practice round and if you find issues with the course just skip the week. The is no real money on the line so missing a week is not a big deal. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:15:52 PM by Doyley »

NCFCRulz

« Reply #716 on: September 13, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »
Horrific First Round of +17... Lost 3 shots on both 1st and last holes...

Cant see how anyone can par this course! I enjoyed the challenge but the greens killed me!

tastegw

« Reply #717 on: September 13, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »
Horrific First Round of +17... Lost 3 shots on both 1st and last holes...

Cant see how anyone can par this course! I enjoyed the challenge but the greens killed me!

greens are strait from a cartoon

this is the worst playing course in the game imo.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:51:04 PM by tastegw »

BentFiveWood

« Reply #718 on: September 14, 2014, 12:44:47 AM »
Well I pulled a rabbit out the hat on the 72nd hole of the tournament.

Clubhouse lead (for PC anyway) at +1.  This was tough without cams on.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

NCFCRulz

« Reply #719 on: September 14, 2014, 08:56:29 AM »
A vastly improved +7 from +17 on my second round.

Decided in future need to take a practice round of the course before jumping in!

space-cash