PGA Tour - Weekly Tournaments (for PC, XB1 and PS4)

• 770 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2014, 10:30:03 AM »
Season 2, Week 1 active now for all systems. Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:56:51 AM by Doyley »

Josh

« Reply #751 on: September 20, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »
Wow that was a tough course in the wind.

1st Round +6
2nd Round -4
3 Round +4

Ended up +6 overall, the second round could have been -6/7, missed some birdie putts by inches! Currently top of the LB but as only 3 people have completed this week I don't expect to be anywhere near it by tomorrow night.

Think a -10 should win it!

tastegw

« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2014, 02:42:19 AM »
i just could not get things going right in the first two rounds.

I shot a no grid round with 16 mph winds last night and ended up with +1,  so I thought lower winds and with the help of grids would make for some easy rounds, boy was I wrong.

had some bad luck with % off the tee box and approach shots in the first round, ended up -6
2nd round, not much better,   -7
got things going the last round,  -14

-27 total for the 3 rounds, could have been about 14 strokes better if i was on my game in the first two rounds.

vixen_vikki

« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2014, 04:05:57 AM »
I played my 1st and 2nd rounds last night in winds of 12-14 mph and played absolute
rubbish, so bad that i gave up the 2nd round on the 15th hole, when i re=joined this morning
on the 15th hole the wind was suddenly 3mph....how can that be ? is the wind based on the
time of day/night you play your rounds ? never noticed this before.. would be so much better
if every one that played the same tourney had the same wind, makes a massive difference
apologies if this subject has been raised before, but clarification would be nice

Steve2golf

« Reply #754 on: September 21, 2014, 06:46:58 AM »
I played my 1st and 2nd rounds last night in winds of 12-14 mph and played absolute
rubbish, so bad that i gave up the 2nd round on the 15th hole, when i re=joined this morning
on the 15th hole the wind was suddenly 3mph....how can that be ? is the wind based on the
time of day/night you play your rounds ? never noticed this before.. would be so much better
if every one that played the same tourney had the same wind, makes a massive difference
apologies if this subject has been raised before, but clarification would be nice

Yes Vikki, the winds are constantly changing, I doubt they are on a 24 hour clock, but not all wind on all courses are the same at the same time. i.e course A could have 17 MPH now and course B could have 2 MPH, 3 hours later the reverse could be true.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

vixen_vikki

« Reply #755 on: September 21, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »
Thank you Steve for the reply, seems crazy though, so basically i could start a round and if i am
faced with high winds, abort, come back later and see if the wind has dropped ? mad...

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #756 on: September 21, 2014, 07:22:39 AM »
made the mistake of playing my first round in 12 mph winds...this course will throw up a huge advantage for 3 calm rounds, it's a breeze with calm conditions...good course enjoyed it  :D

Josh

« Reply #757 on: September 21, 2014, 08:11:03 AM »
Oh so depending on when you play depends how easy it is. That seems fair  ::)

Think I'll play my next rounds in the morning then. Bit odd that people are already on an unfair playing field with the wind. Should be the same for every regardless of time imo.

Ah well, least I wasn't + in double figures again lol

Steve2golf

« Reply #758 on: September 21, 2014, 08:14:17 AM »
Thank you Steve for the reply, seems crazy though, so basically i could start a round and if i am
faced with high winds, abort, come back later and see if the wind has dropped ? mad...

Pretty much what I do, if I see 11+ mph, over to the designer I go and will look again later if I can.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

Berlach

« Reply #759 on: September 21, 2014, 08:18:30 AM »
I like to play in whatever conditions I'm given. It makes it feel more realistic to me.

Didn't play my best golf this tournament. Missed a lot of putts from inside 10 feet. I think I finished -3 on PS4.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #760 on: September 21, 2014, 09:07:41 AM »
seems that a few guys here are unaware of the wind issues.....If you think you have a chance of winning this event or want to get high up the leader board then you will have to plan your 3 rounds for calm conditions, yes you can start a round with 12 mph wind, abort and return another time...it's not unfair or cheating, it's your choice because HB have made it like that , i played 1 round in 12 mph wind last night, was that a mistake..you bet it was, i then played two rounds this morning in 5-7 mph and did much better...it is what it is, some players actively seek out calm conditions and frankly they are the smart players with possibly a bit more time on their hands, although it is not hard or time consuming to find 3 calm rounds in 7 days.  I played my first round in 12 mph because i fancied the challenge, but i certainly would not seek out 3 rounds in high winds...thats just madness!

vixen_vikki

« Reply #761 on: September 21, 2014, 09:15:29 AM »
Thanks Dogsz, i certainly was not aware of this and yes it does make a huge difference
played my 1st 2 rounds in high winds pretty much level par (combined) but soon as i had a 3mph
wind in the last round, shot -11
now i know, i will make sure i am more aware, can't let you boys have all the fun at the top.

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #762 on: September 21, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »
About -14 is my cutoff, if it gets that high I usually go play another tournament, edit a course, or play something else :).  If I'm already out of the tournament though I'll play in any condition.
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

ubistonk

« Reply #763 on: September 21, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »
Hi guys. Just played round 1 and shot -9. I was wondering if I need to do anything, or if just play my 3 rounds and you wonderful folk do the rest. Also what would be the going rate for a winning score?

Thanks guys, and if you have time please try my course, College Lakes Golf Club. It's a really good challenge.
My Courses:

College Lakes Golf Club
High Hazel's Golf Club

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #764 on: September 21, 2014, 02:15:27 PM »
Hi guys. Just played round 1 and shot -9. I was wondering if I need to do anything, or if just play my 3 rounds and you wonderful folk do the rest. Also what would be the going rate for a winning score?

Thanks guys, and if you have time please try my course, College Lakes Golf Club. It's a really good challenge.

You just play and we'll grab your score from the leaderboard.  Going rate for most of our PGA winners is usually around 35-under to 40-under.  On the Web.com side it's usually closer to 20-under

Head on over to www.tgctours.com to register and submit your course to the searchable database there - don't forget to submit it to one of the tour stops while you're there - best chance at getting it some plays!

space-cash