PGA Tour - Weekly Tournaments (for PC, XB1 and PS4)

• 770 Replies

jwfickett

« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2014, 11:00:21 PM »
Cool... i'm good either way, I just enjoy playing in a competitive environment :)

Tuning up for the first major - I've never played w/o the green grids so i will be practicing that this week. With the latest update, I've been able to play on medium resolution too for the first time.

My goal is to be the first Grand Slam winner... aim high, shoot low.... literally... lol.

With that in mind - I'm off for the next 5 days so I'll release the course for the first major early in the week to give everyone a chance to have a practice round or two.  I'll be looking to start off with an easier course so don't expect Copper Creek with no grids :)

Copper creek just screams PGA Championship.  I effing LOVE that course.
#width #angles

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
Cool... i'm good either way, I just enjoy playing in a competitive environment :)

Tuning up for the first major - I've never played w/o the green grids so i will be practicing that this week. With the latest update, I've been able to play on medium resolution too for the first time.

My goal is to be the first Grand Slam winner... aim high, shoot low.... literally... lol.

With that in mind - I'm off for the next 5 days so I'll release the course for the first major early in the week to give everyone a chance to have a practice round or two.  I'll be looking to start off with an easier course so don't expect Copper Creek with no grids :)

CLV is going to use that in his tour for one of his major weeks - Maybe the last Major I'll throw in a doozy but for the first few with no grids I'll let the greens do the punishing :)

jwfickett

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »

CLV is going to use that in his tour for one of his major weeks - Maybe the last Major I'll throw in a doozy but for the first few with no grids I'll let the greens do the punishing :)

The doozy should be the US Open venue.  Find a long par 70 and throw us to the wolves!
#width #angles

jwfickett

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2014, 11:11:04 PM »
Also, have you thought about picking a great desert course like Tomahawk at doing a WGC World Match Play for the top 64?  Could be really cool.
#width #angles

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »
Sounds like a great spin-off idea for an ambitious golfer to organize ;) 

I'll take a pass as I'm getting my no-grid tour ready to go for release.  I'm really excited about that one too since I haven't seen a tour where the scores are realistic and I think that no grids will do the trick.  The day I see a 4 round tournament won by someone shooting -6 is the day I know TGC has filled all my golfing needs!

jwfickett

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:35 PM »
Sounds like a great spin-off idea for an ambitious golfer to organize ;) 

I'll take a pass as I'm getting my no-grid tour ready to go for release.  I'm really excited about that one too since I haven't seen a tour where the scores are realistic and I think that no grids will do the trick.  The day I see a 4 round tournament won by someone shooting -6 is the day I know TGC has filled all my golfing needs!

This week is going to be rough for me, but when I get back from a business trip on Thursday I will see what I can do. 
#width #angles

NevadaBallin

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »
Finished the 2nd week. Decided to battle the wind all 3 rounds. Each round had more than the last lol

66-65-69 for a -16

Good to get the rust off though. I hadn't played in about 2-3 weeks until this weekend. But there's still some rust.... smh.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 12:15:12 AM »
just an FYI in case some of you missed it - in the top left there are tabs you can click on to see different pages (Week 1, 2 and stats).  Circled in red.  Money and Ranking leaderboards will be added tomorrow.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2014, 02:49:58 AM »
Scoreboards updated - 11 rounds in for Week 2 already.  Some real low scores but only 1 sub-60 round so far.  Also of note is clayton_dyl who shaved off 15 strokes from round 2 and finished with his first under par round of the Tour.

Also updating the OP with a FAQ - if you have a question that you think needs to be on it let me know.  Thx

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2014, 04:50:10 AM »
I shot 66-63-66 which represents by far my best rounds of golf so far.  Particularly as all three rounds were in ludicrously strong winds.
Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

tastegw

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2014, 08:10:08 AM »
ill get my rounds in in a couple days wedns or thrus

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2014, 01:40:32 PM »
Added:  Week 1 money, Money leaders and some Week 2 scores

Congrats to Steve2golf on winning the first event!

NevadaBallin

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »
Added:  Week 1 money, Money leaders and some Week 2 scores

Congrats to Steve2golf on winning the first event!

Congrats Steve, good job
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »
 Had the best tournament in TGC this week including an ace at 3 in the third round.  Finished at -38.

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2014, 10:18:25 PM »
-38?  That sounds like a score that will be hard to beat.
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

space-cash