PGA Tour - Weekly Tournaments (for PC, XB1 and PS4)

• 770 Replies

NCFCRulz

« Reply #720 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »
Round 3 saw me par 15 of the 18 holes! Finally getting to grips with it!

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #721 on: September 14, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »
what can you say about this course, seems like plenty has been said already...here's my take....very well made course, as you would expect from csu, to be fair i have played much harder courses without scout cam, this for me is not an issue. What i will say is that the greens are terrible, you might as well make them flat and tiny because you only get a small area to work with, anything outside this area is punishing and unfair...so many designers are making this mistake, i have been guilty of it myself. Actually i am still waiting for a tomahawk beater from csu, that is still his best course imo.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:48:45 AM by DoGgzbollox »

Josh

« Reply #722 on: September 14, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
Horrible games today on that course!

2nd round saw me knock 10 shots off but still, I can live without scout cam but those greens, my god - whoever designed them are sadists!

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #723 on: September 14, 2014, 01:38:14 PM »
I suspect there are many players getting the big dog out of the bag here way too often, many of these holes can be played with irons or 5w off the tee, and should be played with these clubs when the wind is up escpecially...i suggest some of the people taking a battering here try it! you will see an improvement i'm sure.

ObsoleteNexus

« Reply #724 on: September 14, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
That is a problem with video game golf in general I think DoGgz.

People are so used to being able to grip and rip and play course in 20 min due to previous arcadey golf games that they do not think there way around a course much like you would do in real life.
Courses Created: (my ranking)

Old Turramurra: Est 1878 HD
Manjimup Golf Club
Clifton Golf Club Final

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #725 on: September 15, 2014, 12:36:40 AM »
Yes, a few holes have greens where the margin for error is dime-sized, so you have to play to the best spot to recover from.  Not the best golf, but at least it's the same for everyone.  With that said, I do want to brag a little that I'm -19 after two rounds.  Hopefully I can play well the next two and win my first PGA tournament. 
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

tastegw

« Reply #726 on: September 15, 2014, 01:38:50 AM »
-19 is hax! there dale, nice job!

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #727 on: September 15, 2014, 03:53:51 AM »
-19 is utterly brilliant.

The course is too tough for me at best of times.  Without scoutcam and in 18mph winds, it proved impossible.  I'm going to give this one a miss this week! This ones for the Coruler and Jimgems!
Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #728 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »
Yes, a few holes have greens where the margin for error is dime-sized, so you have to play to the best spot to recover from.  Not the best golf, but at least it's the same for everyone.  With that said, I do want to brag a little that I'm -19 after two rounds.  Hopefully I can play well the next two and win my first PGA tournament. 

OK, didn't match your 59 but at least put up a score that will have you making shots to beat me.  If you get stuck in some high winds I may have a chance but have a feeling I'll be looking up at another winner before this is all said and done!

I did one practice round and took notes on all drives - some were where to aim, others were to say keep driver in bag and use 3w,5w, and even a 3i on one hole (all par 4's).  Then the 2nd note was to note where the safe spots were on the green.  Played it safe 90% of the time and had no troubles getting around.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:00:21 PM by Doyley »

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #729 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »
Hmm don't know if i'l finish this one ,not that im shooting bad or anything like that 1st round i scored even 2nd round -8, but just not enjoying it,its more of a chore to play,so may just skip my other rounds,who knows maybe just not in the right frame of mind maybe il finish during the week.But if i'm not enjoying it don't see the point in grinding it out just for the sake of it...

I've enjoyed everyone so far just not this one for some reason,maybe its the course i don't know, but i enjoyed the course first time i tried it so not sure.Maybe i should wait till theres like 2mph wind so if i hit my ball a yard past the hole im not 20 ft down the back of the green on the fringe..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:55:00 PM by Jimgem »
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
EVGA FTW3 3080
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #730 on: September 15, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »
Is there any chance we could have a vote for Season 2 to have two round tourneys?   I have to admit, sometimes I just don't have the time to play 3 rounds, and sometimes I don't have the desire to play the course, again, with the same pins and tee boxes.    Just a thought/suggestion.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #731 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »
Hmm don't know if i'l finish this one ,not that im shooting bad or anything like that 1st round i scored even 2nd round -8, but just not enjoying it,its more of a chore to play,so may just skip my other rounds,who knows maybe just not in the right frame of mind maybe il finish during the week.But if i'm not enjoying it don't see the point in grinding it out just for the sake of it...

I've enjoyed everyone so far just not this one for some reason,maybe its the course i don't know, but i enjoyed the course first time i tried it so not sure.Maybe i should wait till theres like 2mph wind so if i hit my ball a yard past the hole im not 20 ft down the back of the green on the fringe..

see my note about about finding the safe spots on the green - I had no issues avoiding any of those drop offs for the most part - rather have a 15 foot putt than go for the pin,miss, and then have a 35 footer.  When I did get into trouble (my double bogey on R4 #1) I was playing aggressive and off my gameplan.  Attacking this course is not the way to go. 

General comment:
I'm not frustrated by the amount of comments this tournament is getting - but it just seems like if it's not a walk in the park and a course requires a bit of thought/effort/a gameplan, that a lot are just putting the clubs in the bag and calling it a day.  I spent one round getting to know the course and found it no more difficult than any other on this tour.  I thought last week's course was tougher.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:02:47 PM by Doyley »

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #732 on: September 15, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »
I don't mind so much scrambling for a birdie its not that ,maybe its just what dr yeti was saying i always play all my rounds one after the other so maybe just bored of the same track 4x in a row with same pins.If i make a mistake i expect to get punished,and this course does that im not dissing the course its a good course.And after playing a practice round before i went on i kinda know where the safe spots are,and what to go for and what not to go for.
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
EVGA FTW3 3080
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #733 on: September 15, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »
Is there any chance we could have a vote for Season 2 to have two round tourneys?   I have to admit, sometimes I just don't have the time to play 3 rounds, and sometimes I don't have the desire to play the course, again, with the same pins and tee boxes.    Just a thought/suggestion.

I played in CLV's tour that had 2 rounds per tournament and I found I needed more golf than that.  Hopefully with the October update HB can sneak in multiple pins as that will go a long way into making courses re-playable within a tournament.  So I guess I'd like to keep it to 3 rounds regular, 4 rounds major if at all possible.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #734 on: September 15, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
i always play all my rounds one after the other so maybe just bored of the same track 4x in a row with same pins.

I understand that totally - maybe take the route Coruler does and spread the play throughout the week.  I don't have much time to play so I usually crash through a tournament when I have time.  I notice you play a lot during the week Jimgem so maybe just sprinkle a round in every other night and it'll remain as fresh as possible.  You play russian roulette with the wind but you also are good enough to overcome most of what gets thrown at you. 

I do wish they'd add multiple pins - that's a big feature missing at this point.

space-cash