PGA Tour - Weekly Tournaments (for PC, XB1 and PS4)

• 770 Replies

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #735 on: September 16, 2014, 01:25:52 AM »
i always play all my rounds one after the other so maybe just bored of the same track 4x in a row with same pins.

I understand that totally - maybe take the route Coruler does and spread the play throughout the week.  I don't have much time to play so I usually crash through a tournament when I have time.  I notice you play a lot during the week Jimgem so maybe just sprinkle a round in every other night and it'll remain as fresh as possible.  You play russian roulette with the wind but you also are good enough to overcome most of what gets thrown at you. 

I do wish they'd add multiple pins - that's a big feature missing at this point.

I like breaking up my rounds...typically I do 2 and then 2 later.  The biggest drawbacks are 1) You lose the ghost balls of other players...so with no scout cam, I have to go on my memory (or notes) to see where to hit it.  I think in the true sim tour the no ghost balls is even tougher because you can't see rolls on the greens.  2)  You can go cold after being on a hot streak  3)  You can get a really bad wind later (but you can also go from bad to good wind).   I just can't sit and play the same course 4x in a row...
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

spanna

• GroupMember
« Reply #736 on: September 16, 2014, 11:16:20 AM »
Do you need to do anything to switch to playing the tournament on ps4? I've done week 1-7 on pc but did week 8 on ps4 but looking at the Google docs leaderboard my scores not been recorded so I'm guessing I've done something wrong.   Tag on pc and ps4 is manxspanna ta

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #737 on: September 16, 2014, 12:52:13 PM »
Do you need to do anything to switch to playing the tournament on ps4? I've done week 1-7 on pc but did week 8 on ps4 but looking at the Google docs leaderboard my scores not been recorded so I'm guessing I've done something wrong.   Tag on pc and ps4 is manxspanna ta

I'll switch your system over to PS4 - nothing you need to do - we just need to update the scores.

spanna

• GroupMember
« Reply #738 on: September 16, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »

I'll switch your system over to PS4 - nothing you need to do - we just need to update the scores.
Thanks! :)

Josh

« Reply #739 on: September 17, 2014, 06:00:20 PM »
I'm a long long way from the PGA Tour, more practise required!

Finding fairways/greens fine - it's my putting messing me up. 3/4 putting too often!

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #740 on: September 17, 2014, 06:31:22 PM »
are you pushing the putt marker out..may be one reason for coming up short

Stanimal29

« Reply #741 on: September 17, 2014, 07:00:45 PM »
This is awesome! How can I go about throwing my hat into the ring for season 2?

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #742 on: September 17, 2014, 07:13:58 PM »
This is awesome! How can I go about throwing my hat into the ring for season 2?

Just find the tournament in game and play - if you want to get in the final tournament for Season 1 it's open until Monday.  We'll add you to the leaderboards.

Josh

« Reply #743 on: September 18, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »
are you pushing the putt marker out..may be one reason for coming up short

I don't think so, I try and move it L/R depending on the slope but distance wise I try and judge it by feel. Guess my touch is still a little off, some rounds it's blinding others like last week slightly less so lol

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #744 on: September 18, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »
OK, we've got all scores on all systems for Week 8 up to date.  I'll finalize later tonight and hand out some hard earned money!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #745 on: September 18, 2014, 02:04:05 PM »
Just posted a pretty big announcement.  PGA Tour will be moving to TGC Tours on December 1st (in time for Qualifying School).  Exciting times!

Read all about it here!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #746 on: September 19, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
First three courses for Season 2 posted

Week 1:  Shivering Pines HD by guitardude_324
Week 2:  Ole Priest Creek by DoGgzBOllOX
Week 3:  Ballyntyne National GC by jwfickett (major)

Josh

« Reply #747 on: September 19, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »
When does season 2 start Doyley?

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #748 on: September 19, 2014, 12:41:53 PM »
When does season 2 start Doyley?

We're not going to stop - so tomorrow Season 2 will start.  Tour status won't update until Tuesday from Week 9.  All stats will be reset and everyone will be back on equal footing.   Should help some of those with high scores that have improved their game over the past few weeks - those high scores will now be stricken from the record!

Josh

« Reply #749 on: September 19, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »
Oh excellent, sorry thought I read somewhere about a break in between!

Be prepared for me to be somewhere towards the end of the LB yet again.

space-cash