Course doesn't load right, masses of trees, dark textures etc

• 13 Replies

TonyTurbo78

« on: July 26, 2014, 10:49:09 AM »
Hi guys.

I seem to be having this issue a few times.  To me is appears as if the course textures do not load in correctly.  I get masses of trees all in the fairway, scattered on the green etc.  And when I hit my ball, upon landing it falls right through the fairway and I hear a splashing sound.  The distance meter also keeps increasing as well as if my ball is still in mid air.  I've taken a few screenshots.

It's actually happened maybe 3 or 4 times so far.  Normally I can get round it by exiting the game and restarting then resuming the round.  Just a bit weird. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:51:25 AM by TonyTurbo78 »
8700k @5ghz watercooled, MSI Z370, Vega64 @1700/1100 water cooled, 16b ddr4@ 3600mhz, 1440p 144hz freesync monitor, 960Evo m.2 ssd's, Windows 10

Standard Xbox 360 stock controller

Drogue

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 05:03:41 AM »
Hi all,

I'm new here, although I've had the game for a while now. Really enjoying the game and I think the changes to 1.0 are really good for it. Well done HB Studios, and keep up the good work.

I just wanted to ask about this issue as I've not really seen any mention of it previously on the Steam forums. I've had a quick look on these forums just now, and this is the only mention I've seen of it. Maybe I've missed other posts about it?

I get this as well and it happens fairly regularly. I've had the ball pass through the landscape, pass right over the hole without dropping and have had trees randomly dotted across the course so that they cover the fairways and greens. The issue with the trees being randomly placed on the course is the one that occurs most often though. These issues occur on courses by HB Studios and ones created by members of the public. I've even had it happen on a course I am in the middle of creating. It first occurred about 3 or 4 builds ago and still occurs in 1.0. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix the issue either.

I'm just a bit puzzled why I haven't seen posts with people ranting about it :)

Is no-one else really experiencing this and are HB Studios aware of the issue?

AndrewG

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 06:39:47 AM »
I have never experienced this.
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »
there has to be a certain type of criteria or things selected in game, or recent history because it doesnt do it all the time.  It's maybe done it now 4 or 5 times for me over the course of 3 days.  But restarting the round normally does fix it.  Of course, this wont be possible when I'm shooting Tournaments, so it really needs to be looked at. 
8700k @5ghz watercooled, MSI Z370, Vega64 @1700/1100 water cooled, 16b ddr4@ 3600mhz, 1440p 144hz freesync monitor, 960Evo m.2 ssd's, Windows 10

HB_LorinB

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »
Just sent you a PM...but are you playing with Crossfire enabled? 

Drogue

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »
Thanks for the quick responses.

@ HB_LorinB - I assume you were talking to TonyTurbo78 when you mentioned the PM as I don't seem to have one, but I did have Crossfire enabled. I just tried disabling it and when I went into the level I am creating the issue was not present. I also tried the Dunwoody Leicht course as this has shown the issue in the 2 times I had been in it previously and again the issue wasn't there.

I then re-enabled Crossfire and when I went into the Dunwoody course the game crashed. My course now had lots of trees everywhere and was worse than before. Disabling it again didn't show any problems, so it seems like this is indeed the issue.

Thanks very much for your swift solution, I greatly appreciate the help.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 10:42:15 AM »
Hey Drogue - I was referring to Tony re: the PM.

But yes, it seems to be the Crossfire set-up, for which the game is not optimized at this time.

Glad it helped!

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 05:58:45 PM »

it did with Crossfire disabled also for me.   That was the first thing I thought it might have been. 

Drogue, maybe you can test over a longer period with crossfire disabled for maybe 3 or 4 days.  That way over a longer test period, the results will be more accurate.  I'm going to disable mine tonight for a week and see what happens, 

thanks
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:02:09 PM by TonyTurbo78 »

HB_LorinB

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »

it did with Crossfire disabled also for me.   That was the first thing I thought it might have been. 

Drogue, maybe you can test over a longer period with crossfire disabled for maybe 3 or 4 days.  That way over a longer test period, the results will be more accurate.  I'm going to disable mine tonight for a week and see what happens, 

thanks

Hmmm...odd.  You seem like you are into building, Tony.  you don't have four Crossfire cards set up with two bridges set up and only disabled one, do you?  ???

j/k - I was so sure that would be it.  I logged it as a bug (as you know).

Can you post all of you specs in this thread for me?

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 08:20:32 PM »
lmao.  nope just the two cards.

I'm wondering if this might have been the scenario.  Maybe I had started a round with Crossfire turned on, had a look at the 1st hole and seen all the trees scattered everywhere.  At that point quit and later on in the evening/afternoon, thought about disabling and testing with only one card functioning.  At that point, perhaps I had rejoined that game with all the trees and issues, and it somehow carried over?  I say maybe and could be, because I can't remember exactly, what series of events went on. 

But I've played tonight all fresh games and I have not experienced the issue at all. 

And yes, a massive builder at home, for friends, family, customers etc, doing a lot of high end gaming platforms at the moment, and I'm also a field engineer for Dell, involved in EPOS work for Fujitsu, Wincor, HP, Computacenter, etc so always messing with hardware and software.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:22:27 PM by TonyTurbo78 »

HB_LorinB

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
Let me know what you find over the next couple of days...I am guessing it is the Crossfire (only because others had the exact same thing...too common to be a coincidence).

And yes, a massive builder at home, for friends, family, customers etc, doing a lot of high end gaming platforms at the moment, and I'm also a field engineer for Dell, involved in EPOS work for Fujitsu, Wincor, HP, Computacenter, etc so always messing with hardware and software.   ;D

Love it.  I, too, like to build my own rigs (and for friends and fam).

grayefc

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:13:40 AM »
I can confirm that this is a crossfire issue, if you alt-enter it seems to fix it, but it doesn't that's when the big bugs start ie ball hitting invisible objects, going straight through the fairway, putt rolling over the hole as if it wasn't there.

Crossfire does work sometimes, apart from having to Alt Enter after every hole to get the 2nd card to work, when it does it is so good.
My courses

Barren isle links (9 hole par 3)
Northwest links pin 1-4
Half baked Alaska
Scots pine Ilse

In Progress

Northwest Links 2015
Scots Pine Isle 2015
Half Baked Alaska 2015 (country side version, major rework of the course)
Unnamed course 9 holes complete so far.

TOX444

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »
I was having same issue here too.  Disabled crossfire and all is well.  Thanks Folks and thanks HB for your excellent customer service.

Tox444   8)

TonyTurbo78

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »
yes, this is definitely a crossfire issue.  Since I disabled mine, it hasn't done it once.   

space-cash