True Sim Tour (now PC only)

• 28 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: August 17, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »
True Sim Tour - as of September 25th - is PC only

Hi XB1 owners,

I'm also running the True Sim Tour on the PC side and with the help of some people that own XB1's you'll also have the chance to play.  This tour is different from the PGA Tour in that it's meant to be a tougher challenge with the winning scores being more realistic.  To achieve this all tournaments will have no grids.  The leaderboard is online in a google spreadsheet.  This allows us to have XB1, PS4, and PC players all play on the same tour.  You will find the tournaments in the "Tournament" section within The Golf Club.  The name will be Tue Sim Tour - Week XX (where XX is the week we're on)

Here are some links to get you started!
True Sim Tour Info
Leaderboard/Stats
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:27:24 AM by Doyley »

fljon

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »
Thanks for all of the work on this Doyley! Looking forward to the tour! Did you decide to leave the scout camera on?

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
Yes, scout camera will remain on.  It's the best camera available for reading greens with no grids.  If they add the option to have the scout camera "green only" we'll revisit that option then.

minfordgolfer

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 11:09:13 PM »
AWESOME!!! I just read&posted in the PGA TOUR thread... this one sounds even better!! I hope there are options available for setting green speeds/hardness/wind/etc, and the fastest greens REALLY ARE FAST!!! It's great having the best players on the game shooting +10 in a weekly lol!!!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 11:40:26 PM »
AWESOME!!! I just read&posted in the PGA TOUR thread... this one sounds even better!! I hope there are options available for setting green speeds/hardness/wind/etc, and the fastest greens REALLY ARE FAST!!! It's great having the best players on the game shooting +10 in a weekly lol!!!

You'd be surprised at how good the good players are!  Our only tourney on the PGA Tour with no grids and 4 rounds the winner shot 28-under - mind you he did win by 10 shots!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 04:33:56 AM »
While we wait I've created a warmup tournament for the True Sim Tour.  As soon as one of your TC's creates the tourney on the XB1 they'll let you know.  Thx

It will be called  True Sim Tour - Final Warmup

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
True Sim Tour - Final Warmup is open for XB1 play

Nemecyst

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »
Just played the warm up on XB1... not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. Shot a -1 but should have been -4/5, missed a few silly easy putts.  >:(

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
Just played the warm up on XB1... not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. Shot a -1 but should have been -4/5, missed a few silly easy putts.  >:(
Sounds about right! Nice shooting to stay under par.

stx_diver

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:40:43 AM »
Soooo frustrated right now!  I just played all 4 rounds of the True Sim Tour - Final Warmup. 

Finished at +5 overall, after I exit  it says I finished +9.  Then main menu says "resume competition"  I go back in to see what is going on, and I am back on the 2nd round at hole number 2.  GRRRRRRR!!!  Apparently nothing from that point on counted??

To add to my frustration I go the tournament page and it again locks up on me. 

I love this game, but what is the point if I can't keep any of my recorded rounds? 

Nemecyst...I had fun playing against your ghost.  I was 1 stroke behind you going to 18 in the 4th round and you birdied.  I made par, gave you a 2 stroke advantage.  I'm so pissed that none of It counted.  I would like to know whats going on here. 

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 01:57:43 AM »
Soooo frustrated right now!  I just played all 4 rounds of the True Sim Tour - Final Warmup. 

Finished at +5 overall, after I exit  it says I finished +9.  Then main menu says "resume competition"  I go back in to see what is going on, and I am back on the 2nd round at hole number 2.  GRRRRRRR!!!  Apparently nothing from that point on counted??

To add to my frustration I go the tournament page and it again locks up on me. 

I love this game, but what is the point if I can't keep any of my recorded rounds? 

Nemecyst...I had fun playing against your ghost.  I was 1 stroke behind you going to 18 in the 4th round and you birdied.  I made par, gave you a 2 stroke advantage.  I'm so pissed that none of It counted.  I would like to know whats going on here. 

I know they are looking into this - maybe add this to your thread on the bug section.  Hopefully they narrow down what's causing this and it's fixed shortly.

Dr Eagle G

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »
Hey folks, a question about the True Sim Tour - what is the purse for each tournament for? Just bragging rights, or do you have a plan to utilise it in some way?

Would be cool to have a way to actually use money...can't think of one at the moment though!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 12:46:29 AM »
It's all for internet glory!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »
True Sim Tour will start on Saturday - keep and eye out for it in Tournaments!

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 01:30:41 AM »
True sim tour is up and running on XB1.  Search for 'true' in the Tournament section search field.

thanks!
Dale
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

space-cash