Mouse cursor disappears on swing

• 21 Replies

GolfVader

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 03:09:10 AM »
The mouse pointer does disappears once you start your back swing.     I was shocked at first.  LMAO!  However after playing several rounds I find myself liking the change.  Oh I  hit errant shots more often but I can live with that.  The game is a bit harder for us mouse/keyboard users and that is fine.   All is good in my own little online golf world.   

Nonolejuste

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 04:05:08 AM »
I understand the try to improve the control of the swing but why make cursor disapear ? Don't like the change at all...yes it's harder but it's not the reason...the visibility of the cursor is the only way to visualise during your swing the correction you need to go straight.
Definitely will try controller because in my opinion now the KB/M is now really more difficult. Give you my feedback when i did

pcm0075

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 07:36:15 AM »
This new swing mechanic is rubbish!!

You can't, introduce us all to this game, allowing us to learn a certain way to swing the club and the change the mechanics of it. I love the game of golf and was of the opinion that you had nailed the swing in this game. It felt natural and fair but was also still challenging. It was a logical way to implement the mouse with the swing. Now its just pathetic. And why change the Z/X club selection, what a joke.

And, FPS ??????? Still not fixed!!!    Don't release the game unless its ready for release.

HB Studios have forgotten the thousands of people who put there hard earned, into the early access of this game.

A sad day, as LOGIC has taken a back seat to stupidity!

I'll be heading out to the real golf course to play. I won't be telling my friends to buy this game and I won't be playing this game until its fixed.

Very Disappointing!!

Dusty Roads

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »
I'm going on the opposite bandwagon. I like the mouse cursor disappearing. I shoot a lot straighter now and it looks better. As for complaints about it. Try playing a bit longer and you might find it really is no big deal.

We are entitled to our opinion, I respect yours, respect mine please.

ajohnson

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 03:54:49 PM »
I agree with 95% of those who hate the disappearing mouse "fix". It fixed nothing. I have to start the mouse at the top of the scree just to get a full swing in and sometimes it will not give me more than 96% and often much less, leaving you in the rough or water. You had a great system but managed to really screw it up totally. I could care less about the club change reversal, you can get used to that quickly and verify the change. The mouse disappearing is a total non starter. It is the first time since buying the game I left the game frustrated rather than an enjoyable experience. I will be deleting the the program and advising other golfers to go with EA sports unless this "bug" is fixed. I said bug because it is even if it is intentional. I gave it a chance playing with the bug but it failed completely. I loved the game but now it is just a frustration. Is there any way to go back to the game before it was "fixed"?

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »
I have to start the mouse at the top of the scree just to get a full swing in and sometimes it will not give me more than 96% and often much less, leaving you in the rough or water.
if i try that i can push my mouse up as hard as i can, but i wont even get 80% shot.
What i do is:
I start roughly avobe the players hands. Then (holding right button) i slowly move back until the toon is in full backswing. Then with a steady acceleration (but even not very fast) i pushup until the toon is going into its full finish. Thast way I rarely get less then 100%. When i need less then is start my pulldown lower and pushup even slower. (and hope...)
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

ukbraveheart

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »
Ive been playing from the start paid my £25 and have enjoyed the full experience through Alpha etc but having now a jerky strange feeling swing when using the mouse and  after multiple rounds of trying its just near impossible.I can cope with no curser view but having no control what so ever of club swing length is just tooo much sorry.I really hope you take everyones feedback into consideration here as" the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one!!! " in this occasion anyway. if I had as jerky swing like it is just now ingame  on the real golf course I would be laughed off the course! well that or locked up. 8).

space-cash