Since release game is jacked up on PC beyond comprehension for me.

• 22 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
Balls are rolling to hills and disappearing and reappearing.    My golfer is floating mid air with ball also mid air frozen.    The most annoying is the patches on the green where grid info just disappears right in the middle near the hole.   For example-  I was playing the course I made The Throat of Saint Blaise and it looks like on the putting green the brush shaped I used to flatten parts of the green is actually showing itself and rendering the grid in that section useless and blank.   Please play the course to see what I'm saying.

I'm amazed that this is the actual release honestly.. This is the most bugged I've seen it for me since playing it on PC.

I attached photos-  it doesn't matter how I set my game up in regards to resolution either.   I played this course yesterday and it did none of these things ...

GRID is GONE!!!!!

Now I'm floating!!!

Now I'm sinking!!!
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

guitardude_324

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
Hey Johneric,

The lots of people are having issues with the update that was released earlier today, however, it's not the official release update.  The final version should be released for PC at 1pmET.

This mini patch that came out was apparently so HB could test "the pipeline" as Lorin put it.
Steam Name:
guitardude_324

TGC19 Courses:
Featherwind Golf Club
Roundabout Golf Club
Halton Beach G&CC

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
Game is updated now.  Please try again and let me know if you are still having issues.

aftrshok99

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
Lorin, I was in the GNCD and only have 2 holes completed when I decided to play from here starting on hole 1 green (play from here). I finished that hole and finished playing hole 2 and it went back to the GNCD where it shows on the right hand side of the screen all the holes you have. I couldn't go back to any menus no matter what I hit on the keyboard. Not sure if this is just a one time thing for a bug, it's just stuck on that screen. I can pan, zoom around by can't edit.
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
thanks lorin but its still whacked out to the gills.    if you have time load up my course and see for yourself.    this has been verified with 3 other gamers who have played my course.     I published it yesterday and I got through a round just fine but not after the update today.

the throat of saint blaise is the name of the course.       not all courses are infected...,  maybe the extreme elevations or the fact I published yesterday?  could the course file be corrupt possibly because of what was going on with the wipe?
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »
 Yeah, the designer is unusable for me now. I am very disappointed that the final is worse than all the early access versions. Hopefully they can figure out what the hell is going on. Maybe this is why it wasn't certified by Sony.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
johneric..I just tested your course and got the same thing.  Are you getting all of that on other courses? I am just curious as I am not.

But we are looking in to it.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »
I think if Lorin fired up my course he would be amazed at the amount of issues there...  But, then again, I think they have much bigger bugs to zap that we aren't hearing about...
I just talked to Kamshaft and he said he isn't touching the game for a couple of days to give them time to sort everything out..

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 02:36:03 PM »
johneric..I just tested your course and got the same thing.  Are you getting all of that on other courses? I am just curious as I am not.

But we are looking in to it.

I have only tried my course because that is the one that matters to me at the moment quite honestly.   But, like I said,  my course played fine before the update so something with the new build caused these issues...  I will fire up a few more courses and report back to you as soon as I can..   Thanks for looking into it...

zx12

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 02:59:38 PM »
I just tested John`s Throat Of Saint Blaise for a few holes, Tracy was on as well, I got the same results as John , I played 1 of my courses it was ok { Gulf Club v2 } played on medium resolution and frame rate was up by about 15 fps

FrankR409

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 03:05:09 PM »
Balls are rolling to hills and disappearing and reappearing.    My golfer is floating mid air with ball also mid air frozen.    The most annoying is the patches on the green where grid info just disappears right in the middle near the hole.   For example-  I was playing the course I made The Throat of Saint Blaise and it looks like on the putting green the brush shaped I used to flatten parts of the green is actually showing itself and rendering the grid in that section useless and blank.   Please play the course to see what I'm saying.

I'm amazed that this is the actual release honestly.. This is the most bugged I've seen it for me since playing it on PC.

I attached photos-  it doesn't matter how I set my game up in regards to resolution either.   I played this course yesterday and it did none of these things ...

GRID is GONE!!!!!

Now I'm floating!!!

Now I'm sinking!!!

This isn't funny of course, but the guy buried in the bunker is rocking me pretty hard.   ;D

zx12

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »
The thing is though Frank  the on screen player still hits the ball ok, btw the server is goofed I think it keeps saying lost connection and there`s lag on the game interface.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:32:41 PM by zx12 »

steelereign

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »
SWEET!!!  Quicksand bunkers!!  Nice option HB!   ;D

JK...I know you'll get it fixed HB. 

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »
Lorin-

I did as you asked a played some other courses and I can report I'm not having the same problems that everyone is having on my course.  Basically the other courses I played were fine....   I can assure you that I played it yesterday and all is okay so I'm miffed to why its broken today....      :'(

I want to ask you guys to please look into this because I spent at least 12 hours of my time messing with this course so the community could enjoy it.    I just don't get what could of happened...

Thanks for keeping me updated  :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:25:32 PM by johneric8 »

zx12

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »
Look closely at this one John , the cup is almost healed up / grown over  :o I got the putt though :P
Bad [ HB ] >>> Green Keeper <<< I say :(  ? Where`s the rest of the grid gone .
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:48:59 PM by zx12 »

space-cash