Popping Sound in audio

• 26 Replies

HB_LorinB

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »
This will be sorted with the first patch.

Grocs

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 05:10:23 AM »
Tried that suggestion of cold booting and unplugging from wall.  Sound issue remains.

I'm using 7.1 uncompressed audio from HDMI as a FYI.

Grocs

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 11:08:12 AM »
Ah missed that post HB_LorinB about it being in the next patch.

Thanks for the update.

Levesque7

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Did not help for me either. I did have success late one night when everyone was probably sleeping. I restarted the game, and the menus were great. Even the course designer was much faster. But the next day during peak hours, menus were back to making the noise.

Richw23

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:00 AM »

Thats great news. When can we expect a first patch? Days weeks? A month? Thanks again.

sydeburnz

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 03:43:42 AM »
You can disable the popping by turning the UI SFX to ZERO in the AUDIO section of the SETTINGS menu. I also turned Music to Zero, it is on the same menu.

Hobiologe

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 11:46:32 AM »
Hello again folks... so Anthony has been playing the XBox build for a couple hours this morning and has made a discovery that may help you out. Try this:

- Turn the XBox off
- Unplug the XBox from the wall socket so that it is completely powered down.
- Wait for 10-15 secs just to be sure
- Plug it back in and fire up TGC

Please let me know if this helps you as it will help us to target the source of this gross-ness... we didn't hear this on the DevKits, I heard it for the first time playing the release version of the game... this is mysterious.

SO - again, let us know if this helps you! Thanks folks.

Guys,

please stay serious. This "workaround" was posted in this forum also for several other issues (e.g. disconnects) and due the fact this obvious sound bugs are software related this has nothing to do with the hardware, restarting the console or flushing the memory.

Take your time, check the builds (also on non-dev kits) but don't bring up some useless "give it a try solutions".

Thanks!

Hobiologe

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »

Thank you. Nice to hear.

Any approximately release windows for the first patch? Will this patch also cover the graphic improvements due to the new Xbox One SDK?

HB_LorinB

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
We are hoping to turn the patch in on Fri, maybe early next week.  Then Microsoft says 5-10 business days to get it through cert.
Yes, it should contain a fix for the friends issue that causes stuttering, the saving issue in the GNCD, the sculpting tool issues in the GNCD, some graphical improvement, the audio pops, unpublished courses disappearing, putting info being hidden, achievement issues, and more.

Hobiologe

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »
We are hoping to turn the patch in on Fri, maybe early next week.  Then Microsoft says 5-10 business days to get it through cert.
Yes, it should contain a fix for the friends issue that causes stuttering, the saving issue in the GNCD, the sculpting tool issues in the GNCD, some graphical improvement, the audio pops, unpublished courses disappearing, putting info being hidden, achievement issues, and more.

Thank you for the feedback and the good news. So I expect the patch around mid of Sep.

Javed

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »
This is one of the  best golf games I have played for a very long time all thanks to the course creator.  the sound popping is quite annoying and present on my xbox one as well.  This and the framerate  spoil what is otherwise a brilliant game.  Please fix soon.

Wolverin3

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »
the audio pops

Thanks HB, that popping sound drives me crazy...it even makes JohnM stutter :)
Courses Created
---------------------------------
Aridian Sands
New The Gobi Golf Club V2
The Gobi Golf Club
Autumn Gold
Golden Sands GC
Waterfront Golf Club (Hard - firm fairways - fast greens)
New Waterfront Golf Club ( more friendly version )

space-cash