Not all options available in course creator

• 10 Replies

Rede lMl ptioN

« on: August 20, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
Hey all,

When in the course creator, all the options do not appear for me. For instance, when editing a green, it gives me the speed option, slope option, then there is "the golf club" logo in between them, I assume this would be the green firmness option.

Is anyone else having this issue? 

HB_JustinH

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »
There is no firmness option for greens, so all of your green options are available.

Justin

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Firmness is set in the fairway option....although it does also effect the firmness on the greens as well.

Rede lMl ptioN

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:09:49 PM »
Is there suppose to be the golf club logo though in the options...

Ok so when I click on the fairway, in the top left of the screen is gives you the pictures and you can left or right through the varying icons. Well for example there is an icon for fairway width, move right then there is sculpt-land, move right then there is a picture of the golf club logo, then move right and it has end distance. Is that golf club logo suppose to be there or could that be a bug?

Am I making sense lol, if not I will try to take a picture via my phone.

Thanks for the response though guys, I appreciate it!

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
I think it is because there aren't enough options in the list for it to cycle all the way around with the few icons that are there.  The logo must just be a placeholder.

Rede lMl ptioN

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »
Maybe, it hope so!.. does it show that logo for you yeti?

It's not like a pain in the butt issue, just curious if others see it and/or if its a bug at all taking place of other options.

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
Yes.  I see the logos too.   I will put up a screenshot in a bit.   I think there are only 3ish options for the green, but enough room on screen for 5, hence the logos as the filler space.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »
These logos are in quit some of the submenues. I suppose it's placeholders for future enhancements.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Rede lMl ptioN

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »
that would make sense they are just fillers then and not a bug! :) Alright, thanks guys for the replies, hopefully i'll see you on the course!

Yeti, going to try some of your courses out tonight, from all the positive feedback on the forums in quite sure i'll enjoy.

HB_JustinH

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
It is indeed placeholder, the carousel needs to have 5 items to remain not broken :)

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »
that would make sense they are just fillers then and not a bug! :) Alright, thanks guys for the replies, hopefully i'll see you on the course!

Yeti, going to try some of your courses out tonight, from all the positive feedback on the forums in quite sure i'll enjoy.

Glad I could help.  I hope you do enjoy my courses.   Start with Haunted Forest or The Whitecliffs,  they play much easier and will be a good starting point for beginners.   Stone Hollow and Hoodoo Hills are much harder to shoot well on.

Also, no screenshot since the question has been answered by HB_JustinH

space-cash