Friends list not working on leaderboards

• 10 Replies

SatNiteEduardo

« on: August 21, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »
My friends have posted scores and I can see them on the global leaderboards but they do not showup in my friends list leaderboards.

Every other friend function is working fine except the leaderboards - I can play a live round with them, I get told that they have played a course and did I want to try to beat their score. Problem is if I do beat their score I do not get the achievement for doing so because their score is only on global not on friends leaderboards.

I have 200 friends total - not sure if that is an issue.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »
There is a delay from finishing the round to posting right now (can be a while).  Could this account for it?

DrCanadianNinja

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:39:34 AM »
I had the same issue this morning. I saw that there was a delay from finish to seeing their score in any capacity, as searching for courses tells me a friend has played it and I've seen they've completed a course. However, when I had a friend's score showing when looking for rivals, selected and beat it, no achievement. Oddly enough, it showed up when I searched for a rival, but on the leaderboard, there's nothing.

SatNiteEduardo

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »
No the delay can not be it unless the delay only applies to friends lists. I can see my friends scores on the global leaderboard. There is one course where 2 of my friends are the only people on the leaderboard but they do not appear on my friends leaderboard.

The delay would have to be multiple days to explain it but because the scores are there in global but not friends I don't think the delay is it.

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »
Hi there, I just wanted to pipe in and say leaderboard friends data is cached locally on your xbox for 1 hour. I'd be curious to know if you are still experiencing the initial issue.

Thanks

SatNiteEduardo

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 10:34:40 PM »
I have never seen a score on my friends list leaderboard ever. It is now Friday here and I checked this morning before going to work. I know friends have played rounds every day. The game tells me they have and invited me to compete against their ghost which works fine so I know what courses they have been on. I can see their scores on the global boards but not my friends list. I have played the game for 3 or 4 hours at a time and checked at the start and end of those sessions.

I am not sure what that caching for 1 hours means in practice eg should I wait an hour before seeing a score show up.

I have saved this video showing 2 friends on a global leaderboard. Their scores were set 1 and 2 days ago. They do not show up on my friends leaderboard. It is the same for every course they and other friends have played.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B898F1C5417565EB%21770

EDIT: I think I have workd out what was meant by the caching comment above - it does a query on the leaderboards looking for friends and populates the friends LBs. It then waits an hour before doing so again?

If that is correct then the first query is failing somehow. The friends scores are on the global boards but my friends LBs never populate. Over the weekend I will load the game and give it time to think. When I start now it can take maybe 20 seconds before I can play a round but at that point in the bottom left it says 0 friends. It takes a while for it to say 200 friends in the bottom left. I usually play a round and by the time I am back on the main menu it has the 200 there but even after a few hours it has no data on my friends leaderboards but as I say I will test over the weekend by giving it time to update.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:21:07 AM by SatNiteEduardo »

SatNiteEduardo

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »
Thought I would provide more info on this.

I have two accounts - my main account and a 2nd account.

With my 2nd account when I start the game it already tells me I have 2 friends and it has those friends scores on the friends leaderboards.

With my main account it says 0 friends and will only update to 198 after I play my first round but even when that happens it still has no scores on the friends leaderboards (but I can see my friends scores on the global boards).

When I look at the saved game files my main accounts file is just over 1kb but my second accounts file is 3.xkb.

If I was to guess what is happening it is something to do with it struggling with 198 friends or the makeup of my friends list somehow. I have 30 followers on top of the 198 as well.

It does, sometimes, tell me my friends have played a round but even when it does their score is not on the friends leaderboard so if I beat it I do not get the achievement.

I think the query of the leaderboard may be timing out or struggling with the 198 friends or something like that.

PS live friends work fine and I can play with them fine.

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 08:43:35 PM »
You are not at off, there is an issue with large friends list and leaderboard screens which will be fixed in our first patch. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

SatNiteEduardo

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
You are not at off, there is an issue with large friends list and leaderboard screens which will be fixed in our first patch. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Thanks for the reply. I am patient.

Still loving the game.

Dino

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 11:04:18 PM »

Do you have a cap number on the Friends List?>  I would like to cut bait with a lot on my list  ... been an Xbox Live active user for 11 years since launch so I have a lot of dead friends (not literally) on my list I could cut to get under 75 at least.

thanks
XBL GamerTag: D1NO

SatNiteEduardo

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 11:12:31 PM »

Do you have a cap number on the Friends List?>  I would like to cut bait with a lot on my list  ... been an Xbox Live active user for 11 years since launch so I have a lot of dead friends (not literally) on my list I could cut to get under 75 at least.

thanks

There should be no cap other than the xbox live cap of 1,000.

Also if followers are included we can not control that number. I cut my friends to 198 from 200 lol and have 30+ followers on top of that.

space-cash