Friends can't join my private Tournament

• 11 Replies

kpdub

« on: August 22, 2014, 03:22:54 AM »
I created a private Tournament as part of my websites Golf Tour and none of my friends on my friends list can find it let alone play it.

They have tried searching for it and have also tried using the "Friends Tournament" filter, neither has worked.   Yet the other day I created a Tour and they could see it and play it.

Interestingly, a friend of mine created a tournament, didn't make it private and myself and a friend who couldn't see it (we were in the same XBL Party) could see the new public one.

Also, I've done two rounds on it and only one shows on the leaderboard.

Not sure this morning if all my members are affected, as some were trying in the early morning and are from different countries, but after checking the leaderboard this morning, it was empty.

In case anything is needed to be tested or looked into, the Tournament is called "XBS Invitiational" on Sonoran and my gamertag is kpdub

HB_LorinB

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:17:33 AM »
kpdub...did they go look for the Tourney right after you created it?  I am curious if there was simply a delay in it showing up in the browser.

kpdub

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »
No it was quite late.  I created the Tournament about 1pm GMT, these guys were trying to find it at 2300 GMT

Is because it's private an issue?  As a test one of my friends created a public tournament as a test and it was immediately visible to all of us

Can I also ask, does the padlock next to the Tournament indicate its private?

HB_LorinB

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:28:07 AM »
K....thanks.

kpdub

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »
Interesting development - friends have started to report that they can now see the Tournament

kpdub

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
Also, a further development.

One of my friends said he could see the tournament earlier, submitted a round even.  Then went back later to submit his second round and couldn't find the tournament.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »
Yeah...we are definitely having an issue with this....thanks for the updates...every bit of info helps us chase down the issue.

kpdub

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 06:17:25 AM »
More are being able to see it now (I run a gaming community hence the numbers not because I'm Mr Popular - lol )

One reported being able to see it after uninstalling, then re-installing the game

I'm guessing its also taking a while to propogate

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
Hi there, I'm going to investigate this issue shortly, can you tell me the tour name? This issue seems very strange to me because there are so many mechanisms in the game to facilitate this. For example as soon as you start playing your tour all your friends will see a notification to that effect in message center and be able to join it right from there. They will also see this notification while in gameplay as well. If they look at friends recently played filter, or friends created filter, it doesn't show up either? Are they searching if for it by name? The text search requires a minimum of 3 characters or a whole word in the string.

So for example if you search for a tour/course called "this is m course" the following combinations would return this as a result
Thi
This
This is
This is m
This is m c
This is m co
M
Course
Is
And so on
But if you search for t or th or ths is it won't show up in the text search. Lorin, maybe we can get a little sticky about the text search up.

Anyways please let me know if any of the above info helps as well

Cheers

Rami

kpdub

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
No worries.  It's a tournament and its called "XBS Invitational"  :)

kpdub

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 06:30:54 AM »
Just thought I would post an update on this, that all members of my site so far have been able to take part in this.   So I am guessing that it was a server at launch issue.

The next tournament of our tour goes up this weekend, so if there is a repeat of this then I will let you know asap

HB_LorinB

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 07:54:20 AM »
Excellent.  thanks for updating and glad to hear it is improving.

space-cash