Raising/Flattening land issue

• 3 Replies

dbodtmann

« on: August 22, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »
The visuals when changing the elevation of the land are chopping and do not look anything like the tutorials. I get a huge obnoxious squared off mountain or hole, instead of the seamless hills and elevations added in the tutorial. The only way to combat this is to add it, delete it and try again to get the height you want. 

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
Be carefull on what type of brushes you use:
The red ones (Terrain -> Sculpt) are used to form the basic terrain on which the Generator then creates random hills etc. following the settings of the Hills and Water slider. So if you modify using these red ones. You will see what you modeled + what is generated on top of it.
Whereas the blue ones (Edit hole -> sculpt) modify the final result of the terrain (kinda overrule the generator). So you will see what you actually modeled. Except the terrain addaption for placing objects (houses, T's and some more) the again overrule what you had set.
Needs a bit of practicing on a "try and error" basis to gain controll on what will be the outcome.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »
We are seeing some issues with the XB1 version in this area...we are looking in to it now.

Levesque7

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
We are seeing some issues with the XB1 version in this area...we are looking in to it now.

I know you can't be specific about timelines for the first patch, but can you be broad? Are we talking days, weeks, a month or two?

I understand if you can't speculate. If you said something and it didn't happen for some reason, people would jump down your throat.

space-cash