Slow fade/turn into your next shot - Not a bug but annoying

• 6 Replies

YesIndeedyio

« on: August 26, 2014, 09:26:43 AM »
When you move to your next short it does that sort of slow turn from a sort of side view to be behind your player.  I find this very annoying as it is to slow so i quickly hit B or Y twice which bypasses it.

What everyones thoughts?

Not a bug but annoying for me

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:33:17 AM »
+1
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:39:24 AM »
giddy-up!
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:44:49 AM »
When you move to your next short it does that sort of slow turn from a sort of side view to be behind your player.  I find this very annoying as it is to slow so i quickly hit B or Y twice which bypasses it.

What everyones thoughts?

Thanks for keeping this semi-hidden option fresh YesIndeedyio.  I use it religiously as it chops three or four minutes off every round and disrupts the flow.  The only downside is it doesn't work when you want to skip it using the same technique with a Turn-Based-Enabled Ghost or Live player.

I'm pretty sure we'll have an option to disable this 'sweep to address' feature in the "Graphics Menu" in the second patch, but what you've described is a work-around I can live with until then.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:10:24 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

YesIndeedyio

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:45 AM »
You can skip that pretty quickly.  As soon as the new location pops up on the screen, and the camera sweeping starts, I hit the "Y" button twice in rapid succession and BAM... my golfer is at address.  This chops 3 or 4 minutes off a round.

Yeah exactly what i said i do.   ;D

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »
You can skip that pretty quickly.  As soon as the new location pops up on the screen, and the camera sweeping starts, I hit the "Y" button twice in rapid succession and BAM... my golfer is at address.  This chops 3 or 4 minutes off a round.

Yeah exactly what i said i do.   ;D

Sorry... I didn't read all of message (obviously)  :-[  I'll go back and delete my redundant comment and just give you an affirmation  :)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

hanson2709

• GT- PishPosh v2
    • Gamer Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 11:06:07 AM »
This isn't as instant but it's a lot quicker than normal, hold RT while moving the shot location. It seems to double the normal move speed.  Plus this way you can get a more precise location of aiming then Y/Y to speed up the camera.
“The most important shot in golf is the next one.”
  – Ben Hogan

space-cash