Global Rating Glitched?

• 7 Replies

Doovy

« on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
Anyone else feel like their global rating is too low for how they've been playing? I have a global rating of 44, but have beaten global course records several times, and average around -6 or -7 on most courses (and better on easier ones).

My friend averages around +3 on the official courses, and has a global rating of 77. I am confused why mine is so low.
Steam ID: ADoovy
Xbox: Doovy
PSN: Doovy-

Gary Best

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:22 AM »
It must be glitched, as I was top for a while over the weekend!! :-)

Doovy

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
I mean it really shouldn't bother me that it's not working properly, but it does.

TheLastDon

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
It's a known issue. I read in another thread where Lorin said it's a known bug and eventually it will be replaced with a handicap system. It's definitely glitched because as of last night I was the 2nd best player in the world. I'm good, but not that good. :)

Doovy

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »
It's a known issue. I read in another thread where Lorin said it's a known bug and eventually it will be replaced with a handicap system. It's definitely glitched because as of last night I was the 2nd best player in the world. I'm good, but not that good. :)

I tried looking for another thread, but must have missed it. I apologize for reposting the same topic; must have missed the other one(s).

Danny Chila

• GT: nvyscporet
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »
Hey all....I was wondering how this rating system works?  Would like to hear some peeps thoughts.  I love the game thus far, have good rounds and bad ones. Putting is the hardest for me at this time. Im getting better driving the ball, pitch shots are a pain too.. Cheers

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:04 PM »
Hi there, there are a lot of factors that go into the rating. Difficulty of courses played, number of holes in courses, par distribution, avg score, number of unique courses/same courses, and a bunch of others. It's possible for your rating to change even if you don't play for a day just because as other people play courses you played, the difficulties of those courses may change. Just getting great scores doesn't put you at the top of the list.

I hope that helps, the system is changing in the future to be a little more streamlined.

Coastkey

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 08:54:45 PM »
Not a big deal, but the better I play(more fairways and greens in reg and better scores and closer to pin and always on hardest courses) the rating seems to follow my scores. First couple days I played a tournament 4 rounds and averagescore was about 79 as was my rating. Last week I finished a tournament 4 rounds With 69 averagescore and my rating dropped to 69. Today I finished a 4 round tournament on Crystal lake With averagescore on approx 64 and Guess what, my rating has dropped to 64..... ;)

space-cash