HB please help

• 9 Replies

Jaks53

« on: August 28, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »
Why when I use the raise or lower terrain tool do I get pixelated columns and ridges which distort my view and make it difficult to get a effective result. The view is so jumbled(best description) that I can hardly make out to what degree I am actually raising or lowering the terrain.

Yes I know about the gauge that shows how high or low I have adjusted the ground but it does not help as the view on my screen shows a mound which is distorted until I exit the tool at which point I find my result less then satisfactory.

Thanks for any suggestions and answers.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 12:43:54 PM »
I think it would be VERY hard on the system you're using to give you "real time" effects of the change. Yes it would be awesome...I just don't know how realistic that idea is.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
I am assuming you are on Xbox as that is a known bug with the Xbox.  It will be fixed in the first patch, which we expect to be out in the next two weeks, or so.

Jaks53

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 01:28:57 PM »
Yes XB1 and thank you Lorin. Sorry there's a bug in your program but glad it's not just me screwing something up again, which I seem to do with monotonous regularity.

killz4twinkies

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 05:32:24 PM »
Yes XB1 and thank you Lorin. Sorry there's a bug in your program but glad it's not just me screwing something up again, which I seem to do with monotonous regularity.

Just FYI - i am also getting this effect on PS4

HB_LorinB

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »
Really?  There is the giant column on the PS4?  I haven't heard this.  Will check it out.

darthsidious10

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 08:33:53 PM »
I have done hard reset and unplugged Xbox One and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it keeps freezing after 3 to 7 holes and still won't connect even though I am online.  What else can I do?  Please help.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 08:28:05 AM »
I have done hard reset and unplugged Xbox One and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it keeps freezing after 3 to 7 holes and still won't connect even though I am online.  What else can I do?  Please help.

Have you uninstalled/re-installed the game?

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
Why when I use the raise or lower terrain tool do I get pixelated columns and ridges which distort my view and make it difficult to get a effective result. The view is so jumbled(best description) that I can hardly make out to what degree I am actually raising or lowering the terrain.

Yes I know about the gauge that shows how high or low I have adjusted the ground but it does not help as the view on my screen shows a mound which is distorted until I exit the tool at which point I find my result less then satisfactory.

Thanks for any suggestions and answers.
There is a visual issue with the terrain sculpting that does not affect the actual sculpting, this will be fixed in the upcoming patch. Apologies for that.

darthsidious10

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
Yes Lorin.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled on my Xbox One.

space-cash