Tournament scores not being logged in leaderboard

• 26 Replies

MANINBLACK7

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 02:43:42 AM »
Very helpful!!! Its nots the point is it. When you work full time you're gameplay time is limited and you dont want to be wasting it!!!

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
If you exit a tour too fast there is a possibility of it not registering completion properly. This is fixed in the upcoming patch, but in the mean time give it a few extra seconds on the end of your screens.

MANINBLACK7

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 03:23:22 AM »
Thanks will do that till the patch comes out.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 08:57:18 AM »
I started a trial, three 72 hole event tour yesterday on both the XB1 and PS4 versions of the game.  So far, my scores, nor anyone else who's played in either tour has seen a score of themselves or another player's score be displayed on the leaderboard.  The game knows I'm ready to play round 2 of event 1 on the XB1 Tour, and even has my score showing correctly after round one on the in-game scoring status screen, however, the leaderboard is still blank.  I'm ready to play round 4 of event 1 on the PS4 version of my tour event and it has the same correct information on the in-game status panel on the upper left, but still shows a blank leaderboard screen even though we've had 5 people now complete rounds ???
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 09:14:35 AM »
I started a trial, three 72 hole event tour yesterday on both the XB1 and PS4 versions of the game.  So far, my scores, nor anyone else who's played in either tour has seen a score of themselves or another player's score be displayed on the leaderboard.  The game knows I'm ready to play round 2 of event 1 on the XB1 Tour, and even has my score showing correctly after round one on the in-game scoring status screen, however, the leaderboard is still blank.  I'm ready to play round 4 of event 1 on the PS4 version of my tour event and it has the same correct information on the in-game status panel on the upper left, but still shows a blank leaderboard screen even though we've had 5 people now complete rounds ???

Leaderboards don't start showing scores until someone completes all rounds - no partial scores are shown.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
Leaderboards don't start showing scores until someone completes all rounds - no partial scores are shown.

Wow!  I did not know that... thanks for posting that Doyley.  I wonder if that's a conscious decision or some limitation in the current build?  I know in real life, I'd know where I stood relative to the rest of the field after one round.  I've sort of sat out tournament play so far because I had a suspicion it was going to have some aggravating problems until HBS had a chance to see how it was going to work under load.  I'm curious to see how it changes after the patch.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 09:52:35 AM »

Wow!  I did not know that... thanks for posting that Doyley.  I wonder if that's a conscious decision or some limitation in the current build?  I know in real life, I'd know where I stood relative to the rest of the field after one round.  I've sort of sat out tournament play so far because I had a suspicion it was going to have some aggravating problems until HBS had a chance to see how it was going to work under load.  I'm curious to see how it changes after the patch.

The in-game leaderboards are updated live - so while you are playing it's current and the players play alongside you at random holes - whether they're done all four rounds or only one. It's just the leaderboard from the splash page that requires all rounds to be completed before it shows anyone's score.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »
The in-game leaderboards are updated live - so while you are playing it's current and the players play alongside you at random holes - whether they're done all four rounds or only one. It's just the leaderboard from the splash page that requires all rounds to be completed before it shows anyone's score.

Whew... I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on with our trial tour relating to this.  Some guys are seeing scores of some players on the in between hole leaderboard, some are seeing incorrect scores being reported, and some (like me) are seeing nothing.  I'm ready to tee off on round 4 of the first event, and no one else has finished more than round 2.  They're seeing my ghost, but one guy says my ghost stays stuck on the first tee, while the other sees him playing out the round?   I know at least some of these things are being treated in the patch, right?
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Bobapett

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »
I thought the leaderboard issues were being fixed as well - but looking at the dev diary for the patch, I'm not so sure...

Tours and Tournament Flow changes

Fixed multiple issues with the flow that were causing issues with restarting a tour.

Pop up implemented on Network fail requests.

Allow advance through tour cards.

Stat Fixes

A collection of fixes to the statistics and telemetry including the average score always stating E.

Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 04:19:18 PM »
I thought the leaderboard issues were being fixed as well - but looking at the dev diary for the patch, I'm not so sure...

Tours and Tournament Flow changes

Fixed multiple issues with the flow that were causing issues with restarting a tour.

Pop up implemented on Network fail requests.

Allow advance through tour cards.

Stat Fixes

A collection of fixes to the statistics and telemetry including the average score always stating E.

Yes - leaderboards should be good too.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 04:37:28 PM »
Yes - leaderboards should be good too.

Super... doesn't it feel good to be the messenger who also occasionally brings GOOD news?   ;D
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Bobapett

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »
Wonderful!  Thanks Lorin - sorry, not seeing it referenced, I feared the worst.
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

space-cash